Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Drivers on newer Juices any looser?

us Offline getahl

Drivers on newer Juices any looser?
on: March 11, 2019, 02:34:40 PM
Hi all,

One of the reasons,  and really the primary one, I quit carrying a Juice model is because the drivers were painfully tight to open. As a result, I haven't owned a Juice in probably five years, haven't carried one for longer. Since LM changed the scales a couple years back, I was wondering if the drivers had changed as well. Anyone know?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Drivers on newer Juices any looser?
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 05:40:04 PM
I don't have any of the new Juices but hopefully someone that does will chime in :salute:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 11:31:29 PM
I had a new CS4 but dont recall the drivers being any less bite-y or annoying to deploy. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline getahl

Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 02:32:07 AM
I had a new CS4 but dont recall the drivers being any less bite-y or annoying to deploy.

Thank you,  kind sir. I was considering purchasing a Juice C2 for a hot second, but quickly came to sanity when I never used a CS4 back when I had it.

gb Offline Jaypeebee

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 09:14:32 AM
I have a brand new CS4, the Philips is easy to get out but the flat drivers are impossible! A separate tool is required which defeats the object, so I've never used it!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 01:34:54 PM
You're welcome.  The Juice is a tool that would greatly benefit from a refresh.  When they LM changed the scales and shortened the blade I was really hoping they'd also do something about those darn finger biting drivers. 

There's got to be something they can do  :think:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 03:11:06 PM
The drivers are not to hard to open on my XE6, but I can see if they were just  touch more difficult to open, they'd be a problem. I think the combination of tight tolerances and super strong springs makes is bad. If the pivot isn't tight, you can hammer temporarily a thin nail between the tool tang and spring to release some of the spring tension. But, that said, that sort of thing may void the warranty and cause the spring to break if whoever tried it doesn't have much experience with stuff like that. If the pivot itself is tight, then the tool need to be broken in.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline getahl

Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 04:49:13 PM
As I recall, it didn't seem like anything that would loosen up with use. It seemed like I'd be trying to open one of  the flat drivers, and next I know the sharp edge is hitting me just below the joint. Hence I didn't carry my CS4 for long. It's a shame to hear this part of the design wasn't addressed with the recent update. Thank you all for your help.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%