Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger Vic-ified?

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Wenger Vic-ified?
on: December 11, 2018, 11:07:09 PM
Okay, I hope this is not a duplicate. I searched the forum and could not find this being discussed before.

Vic has Wenger, that's I know but what I did not know was that the Wenger SAKs were being rebranded as Vic SAKs. E.g.: https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Medium-Pocket-Knives/Evolution-S557/p/2.5223.SE

Feels weird...

According to Wikipedia the Wenger brand only has watches and "licensed products" as of 2013.

If this is known by everybody already, sorry I'm late to the party  :dwts: :shrug:

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Re: Wenger Vic-ified?
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 11:21:58 PM
I don't know if it has its own thread, but the general topic has been discussed before.
The SAKs are now branded as Victorinox (possible exception the Executive 81) and called the "Delmont Collection".
They are really hybrids now, incorporating some Vic tools (can opener, reamer, T&T) and scale attachment method.
- Steve

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:30:43 PM
I don't know if it has its own thread, but the general topic has been discussed before.
The SAKs are now branded as Victorinox (possible exception the Executive 81) and called the "Delmont Collection".
They are really hybrids now, incorporating some Vic tools (can opener, reamer, T&T) and scale attachment method.

Argh. The embarrassment...  :facepalm:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 12:42:58 AM
Hi Doga,

This is an excerpt from wikipedia:

:cheers:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 08:17:03 AM

Delémont :)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 10:05:57 AM

On balance the surviving former Wenger models are better for it, in my opinion. The excellent 85mm Wenger blade shape was retained and the Vic can opener and awl are welcome upgrades.  :tu:  The three+ layer 85mm Delémonts have become the next best things to the lamented equivalent Vic 84mm series.
Rambler

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 11:01:13 AM

On balance the surviving former Wenger models are better for it, in my opinion. The excellent 85mm Wenger blade shape was retained and the Vic can opener and awl are welcome upgrades.  :tu:  The three+ layer 85mm Delémonts have become the next best things to the lamented equivalent Vic 84mm series.

Thanks for the hint, apparently some of those Delémonts have inline philips drivers (my fav kind of philips), before that just a handful of Vics had that!

@jaya_man
Ayouh, terima kasih for even more embarrassment oledi :):facepalm:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 11:55:24 AM
Hi Doga,
This is an excerpt from the true Wiki    :o    :twak:   ......  --->  Link

Also check out the 65 and 130 pages from the menu on the right

.... and also the Wiki home page .....
For nearly one hundred years the two companies operated autonomously. However in 2005 Victorinox took over Wenger, but ran the two companies completely independently, with separate product lines, for several years. In 2014 Victorinox merged the two product lines, making Victorinox the sole manufacturer of Swiss Army Knives once again, although they decided to continue manufacturing some of the former Wenger knives under the Victorinox 'Delémont'  brand (see Wiki pages).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:42:03 PM by Huntsman »

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 12:05:14 PM
Too bad the forum software does not handle the é in the link properly. On the other hand, the Wiki software should not allow accented characters since RFC3986 states that those are not allowed in URIs.

I'll get my coat now  :facepalm:

pt Online pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 12:30:27 PM

General Topic!

:salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 12:55:07 PM

You, sir, deserve the OCD badge IMHO :)  :hatsoff:  :pok:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 09:24:29 PM

You, sir, deserve the OCD badge IMHO :)  :hatsoff:  :pok:

Finally!!!

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 12:26:59 AM
Hi Doga,
This is an excerpt from the true Wiki    :o    :twak:   ......  --->  Link

Also check out the 65 and 130 pages from the menu on the right

.... and also the Wiki home page .....
For nearly one hundred years the two companies operated autonomously. However in 2005 Victorinox took over Wenger, but ran the two companies completely independently, with separate product lines, for several years. In 2014 Victorinox merged the two product lines, making Victorinox the sole manufacturer of Swiss Army Knives once again, although they decided to continue manufacturing some of the former Wenger knives under the Victorinox 'Delémont'  brand (see Wiki pages).
:rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD