Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Found some NIB Wenger Beauties (again !!) PIC HEAVY !!

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Found some NIB Wenger Beauties (again !!) PIC HEAVY !!
on: January 03, 2019, 11:13:28 PM
As you guys may remember I found some nice NIB "old" Wengers a couple of months ago (click here if you want to read the original topic).

Well, today we (the wife and I, and our little girl) went back to the same store, not hoping for much, but since we had nowhere else to go I figured I'd just go and see if there was anything I'd missed.  when we entered the store the lady at the counter was helping another costumer, so we went to the display cabinet, only to see there was nothing new there ...  :-[

The other costumer left and the lady came straight to us. She said they cleaned out their stock and found some stuff for me ...  :ahhh

She went behind the counter and took out an old box, and when I looked inside my wife knew, just by seeing my face, that it was something good  :D.

Without further ado, here's what I saw ...

Yes, a NIB Wenger Pocketgrip, with box and paperwork:

Had the chance to buy one of these a couple of years ago but let it pass, and it had bothered me since then ...

Next, two NIB Wenger Pathfinders, also with boxes and paperwork:

According to the SakWiki they both have the 6th generation compass.

And last, but not least, another NIB Wenger Pathfinder, be it a bit older than the other two:

This one has the generation 3 compass, according to SakWiki, the plastic holding the compass isn't hollowed out like on the "new" ones, but it's made out of solid plastic.  The plastic does look a bit yellowish, don't know if this is discolouring of the plastic or if it was original like this.  And the compass was acting a bit goofy  But I'll get back to this later on in this post ... wait and see  ;).

The nailnick on the saw also pointed out that this one was a bit older, same goes for the saw patern:

And they also had a couple of sheaths ...  ::)

If anybody wants more info about the sheaths, let me know and I'll post detailed pics with product codes  :salute:.

And the best is yet to come ...  :whistle:

Show content
Got all of them (Wenger Pocketgrip, two Pathfinders and all the sheaths) at -60% discount  :ahhh.  And if I took all of them I got the old Pathfinder (with the yellowish plastic and goofy acting compass) for free.  And best part is, when I got home, the compass started acting more and more normal, and now it seems to be working fine (in the shop it seemed to be stuck, at one point, maybe playing around with it cleared the obstruction ...  :think:).

As you can see, the Pocketgrip cost me 23,98 Euro, the two Pathfinders 13,4 Euro/each, and the old Pathfinder 0 Euro  :woohoo:.   And payed just under 40 Euro for 10 sweet looking old style Wenger sheaths, so 4 Euro/piece.

Needless to say that it is one happy TG-24, sitting behind his laptop typing this post  :D.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Found some NIB Wenger Beauties (again !!) PIC HEAVY !!
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 11:37:58 PM
I'm happy for you!

And a bit annoyed... :wait:

:rant:

What a score...

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 11:43:54 PM
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :like:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 12:45:36 AM
Are you looking over your shoulder when you hear sirens?  :whistle:
You did great!  :like: :tu: :woohoo:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 12:57:24 AM
As you guys may remember I found some nice NIB "old" Wengers a couple of months ago

Well, today we (the wife and I, and our little girl) went back to the same store, not hoping for much, but since we had nowhere else to go I figured I'd just go and see if there was anything I'd missed.

The other costumer left and the lady came straight to us. She said they cleaned out their stock and found some stuff for me ...  :ahhh

She went behind the counter and took out an old box, and when I looked inside my wife knew, just by seeing my face, that it was something good  :D.

Without further ado, here's what I saw ...

Needless to say that it is one happy TG-24, sitting behind his laptop typing this post  :D.
[/spoiler]

Congratulations on a great find TG-24! :like: :tu: :tu:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 01:03:53 AM

Awesome haul TG-24... :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 01:04:27 AM
Crazy nice score, TG-24!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 02:25:09 AM
 :iagree:
Barry

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
  • "My real name is Cosmo Pombal"
Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 03:36:58 AM
Nice score; on some late-model Wenger's!  :hatsoff:
"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

"Out of the night comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own:
Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net...
Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves...
And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 03:44:14 AM
 :o

:like:

Great find!
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 06:34:32 AM
 :2tu:  Congrats.  Who knows what else that store has. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 07:18:37 AM
Wow. Very nice, T-G! :drool:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 07:22:38 AM
Great find  :tu:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 03:17:08 PM
Sweet haul TG  :cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

nl Offline EMZ

Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 05:48:01 PM
I am extremely JEALOUS!!
You did very, very well, again.  :hatsoff:

That's also the nice thing about this hobby. You can have all the money in the world, but that's is not what it takes to find nice, hidden treasures. It does take, 'fingerspitzengefühl', endurance, empathy and lots more to make people happy to sell or give you their knives.

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 07:15:41 PM
Fantastic, well done, good score  :cheers:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 07:21:17 PM
Lucky you well done they're great  :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 07:46:42 PM
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 08:12:41 PM
Oh wow that is awesome :drool: especially the pocketgrip :ahhh :o :like: :like:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 12:19:04 AM
Thanks guys  :salute:.

I'm happy for you!

And a bit annoyed... :wait:

:rant:

What a score...

That's what I was aiming for ...  >:D

Just kidding, you've had your share of good deals as well, if I remember correctly  ;).

Are you looking over your shoulder when you hear sirens?  :whistle:
You did great!  :like: :tu: :woohoo:

No sirens so far ...  :dwts:

:2tu:  Congrats.  Who knows what else that store has.

I would say ...nothing after I went there twice (but I thought the same after my first visit, so who knows  :D).

I am extremely JEALOUS!!
You did very, very well, again.  :hatsoff:

That's also the nice thing about this hobby. You can have all the money in the world, but that's is not what it takes to find nice, hidden treasures. It does take, 'fingerspitzengefühl', endurance, empathy and lots more to make people happy to sell or give you their knives.

You're so right, finding something discontinued is great, finding it at an awesome discount price makes it one of the best kicks a collector can have.

The day I bought these Wengers I woke up thinking about driving to another outdoor store (one which has stores all over Belgium and France. You know which one, don't you Nick ?  ;)) because I noticed they had the Leatherman PST Heritage LTD at -30% (it still would've cost me 174,97 Euro, even at -30%).  But I just had this gut feeling I should check out this tiny shop again ...

And the lady at the counter was very nice last time, just as she was now.  I mean, she knew I loved these Wengers, and still she gave me -60% discount (and the old Pathfinder for free).  I mean, the first time she didn't know I was going to buy almost all of them, and one could argue she just gave me the discount so she could sell some of these "old" Wengers that nobody wants anymore, but now she knew I was a freak collector, and she knew I would buy them all, even if she asked full retail price, but still she gave me the discount  :tu:.

Okay, if it wasn't for the discount, I wouldn't have bought all of them the first time, I probably would've ended up spending less than I did now, only to leave with a lot less stuff and not such a good feeling ... (and maybe don't come back).  But now it was such a great experience the first time, lots of Wenger stuff, great prices and we were in the shop for like 2 hours and a half (even after it was officially closed), talking to the lady.  And the same happened the second time.  The lady who owns the shop is very nice to talk to, and couldn't believe that there's actually a community of people who collect Sak's and other multitools.

And she said multiple times that nobody wants these Wengers anymore, if there's a costumer who wants to buy a Swiss knife, she shows some Vics and some Wengers and people always go for the Vic knife (probably because that's the name they heared before somewhere/sometime).  And she also said that she was happy that I was so over the moon by the Wengers she still had in her shop, so nothing but happy faces there  :D.

I used to complain a lot that there's no real interest in Sak's or multitools over here in Belgium.  I mean, the biggest 2nd hand site in Belgium is just depressing when it comes to what it has to offer in Sak's or other tools, only very rarely does something remotely special pop up, and if it does, most of the times it will come with an insane price tag.  But let's face it, if it wasn't for this "lack of interest", I wouldn't have found these Wengers at these prices, or I wouldn't have found my Leatherman PST, sitting in a display cabinet for 14 years or so, waiting for me to come along.  Or I wouldn't have found my first 3 Spirits and Swisstool at a local army surplus store years ago, where I got them at a great discount since they had been in the display cabinet for ages and nobody wanted to buy them, everybody wanted a Leatherman.

So, like they say, every cloud has a silver lining  :D.

Thanks for all the great reactions here, and for reading my ramblings ... you guys are the best  :salute:.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 12:31:11 AM
 :cheers:

Offline WinonaRail

Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 02:10:53 AM
Beautiful knives! Now I've found something else I didn't know I needed.

Sent from my QTAXIA1 using Tapatalk

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 03:03:05 AM
Unbelievable find once again. I'm beginning to think maybe the lady behind the counter has taken a fancy to you?  Were you wearing your tight jeans again?
 :hatsoff:

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 05:11:33 AM
Awesome finds! Love the pocket grip model!!!
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: January 06, 2019, 05:18:17 AM
The Pathfinder is the interesting one to me... the compass is what I would like to try out! Still great finds for sure!

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 05:27:52 AM
I'm not sure if it was the Wengers or how the Lady running the store treated you that you find more exciting.  You sound prety excited by both.  Congratulations on a great find and what sounds like a new friend.  You should introduce us some time.  :pok: :pok:
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 02:54:39 PM
 :rofl:
The storyline is great as are the photo’s. I’v enjoyed both threads!  :tu: :cheers:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 11:04:33 PM
I'm not sure if it was the Wengers or how the Lady running the store treated you that you find more exciting.  You sound prety excited by both.  Congratulations on a great find and what sounds like a new friend.  You should introduce us some time.  :pok: :pok:

I'm excited because a generous shop owner is quite rare this day and age, nothing more ...

She knew I wanted to buy them and still gave me -60% discount, I mean, most "small" stores over here are still selling (or trying to sell at least ...) the previous Wave (the generation 2 "non +" Wave) for the exact same price as the Wave +, which is not fair to the costumers in my opinion.

Yet, she knew I wanted these "old" Wengers and still gave me a discount, maybe because she knew that, if I didn't buy them, she would probably have to wait another 15 years for an other idiot collector to find his way to her shop, and she would have to hold on to those unwanted knives for so long.  And I also think that she liked the fact that I knew a lot about the Wenger and Vic knives she had there, and I would really appreciate such a discount (instead of putting them for sale on the net from the moment I got home, I mean, I could make a sweet profit with minimal financial risk for myself if I wanted to, but I don't  :P).

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 11:28:44 PM
The Pathfinder is the interesting one to me... the compass is what I would like to try out! Still great finds for sure!

When I bought my two Vic EvoGrip S54's I immediately liked the Orienteering Tool (a.k.a. Ruler and Compass) on them, but in all honesty, asside from collecting multitools/Sak's I also have a weakness for compasses ...  ::)

Show content

And I have more that are not in this pic, I even have doubles (and triples of some of them  :facepalm:).
   :pok:

It's simple math:    Sak (= nice) + Compass  (= nice) ===> Sak with Compass = nice²      (I know the math is not correct  :twak:)                 

And they work quite well, I mean, my dedicated compasses are more precise and easier to work with ( ::)), but they are usable, the plastic ruler and compass can be used on a topo map to find your position by cross checking (or whatever this is called in English), or to find your direction of travel.  And on the latest models (so not the one with the yellowish plastic), you can pop the compass out of the ruler so it becomes a normal button compass.

Like I said, I like the Orienteering Tool (a.k.a. Ruler and Compass)  :tu:.       

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:32:02 PM by Top-Gear-24 »

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 05:16:19 AM
 :o :drool: :o :drool:

Nice find TG  :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24