Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My 3 Most Prized Knives

VICMAN · 50 · 2330

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: My 3 Most Prized Knives
Reply #30 on: February 10, 2018, 07:57:10 PM
Here is one of my most prized knives and the story of how it came back to me. The Buck 112 is another.

Your account reminded me of the rest of the story on the Buck Pathfinder my dad bought for me in 1967.

Twenty five years later in 1992 I had a friend who was having a birthday and I did not have time to go shop for a present, so I decided to give him one of my knives and I saw the Buck Pathfinder and thought he would like it, so I gave it to him for his birthday.

Shortly afterwards I regretted giving the knife away, but I just let the matter go. I have no idea what I was thinking when I gave it away, except that I was in a hurry to find something to give him for a present.

There were a number of times I thought about trying to get it back, and finally in 2016 I asked him if he remembered getting the knife from me and if he still might have it.

He said he did and when I told him that my dad had given it to me and I would like to get it back, he said he would be glad to return it to me.

I insisted that he let me trade him a new Buck 119 Special for it.

I was never so glad to get a knife back, and the good thing is that it was in the same condition as when I gave it to him.

So I can relate to how you felt getting your Jet_Aer knife back.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #31 on: February 10, 2018, 07:58:48 PM
So here are my other two most prized knives.

This knife was given to me for my 8th birthday.

Joseph Rodgers hunting knife

The Buck 112 that I got for my 13th birthday. :tu:

I love that Joseph Rodgers hunting knife. That was quite a birthday gift as was the Buck 112. :like: :tu:

Thanks !     :cheers:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 08:00:03 PM
Here is one of my most prized knives and the story of how it came back to me. The Buck 112 is another.

Your account reminded me of the rest of the story on the Buck Pathfinder my dad bought for me in 1967.

Twenty five years later in 1992 I had a friend who was having a birthday and I did not have time to go shop for a present, so I decided to give him one of my knives and I saw the Buck Pathfinder and thought he would like it, so I gave it to him for his birthday.

Shortly afterwards I regretted giving the knife away, but I just let the matter go. I have no idea what I was thinking when I gave it away, except that I was in a hurry to find something to give him for a present.

There were a number of times I thought about trying to get it back, and finally in 2016 I asked him if he remembered getting the knife from me and if he still might have it.

He said he did and when I told him that my dad had given it to me and I would like to get it back, he said he would be glad to return it to me.

I insisted that he let me trade him a new Buck 119 Special for it.

I was never so glad to get a knife back, and the good thing is that it was in the same condition as when I gave it to him.

So I can relate to how you felt getting your Jet_Aer knife back.

Nice !    :tu:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: March 29, 2018, 07:06:17 PM
So here are my other two most prized knives.

This knife was given to me for my 8th birthday. We are from Scotland originally and immigrated to the US in 1975. I remember taking a trip over to Glasgow from the Town of Hamilton where we lived to a small shop. My older Brother had gotten a similar knife a few years before and I had been begging for one of my own. We would carry these when we would go and play in the woods by our house.

Joseph Rodgers hunting knife

(Image removed from quote.)

Ha! The Joseph Rodgers - I've got the very same knife including the sheath, same condition and everything!!! It's actually my dad's, but I long-term borrowed it when I was a young. Next time I'm up north (it lives up there) I'll take a pic! Yep, we must be related after all.

:cheers:

Edit to add: Bloody hell eh?!

Well... Steve, I did say I had the same knife...

It's not exactly the same, but similar I think - same manufacturer. I spoke to Pop Fuzzbucket about it and he helpfully said he bought it a long time ago, when I pressed him on that he was able to clarify, oh a long long time ago... I reckon he got it in either Inverness or Elgin in the late 50s.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:08:35 PM by Fuzzbucket »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 08:14:14 PM
That's very cool cuzz !    :like: :tu:

And great pics as well !    :cheers:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 08:47:11 PM

It's not exactly the same, but similar I think - same manufacturer. I spoke to Pop Fuzzbucket about it and he helpfully said he bought it a long time ago, when I pressed him on that he was able to clarify, oh a long long time ago... I reckon he got it in either Inverness or Elgin in the late 50s.

Cool knife Fuzzbucket with a great background! :like: :tu: :tu:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #36 on: March 31, 2018, 12:28:06 AM
That's very cool cuzz !    :like: :tu:

And great pics as well !    :cheers:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #37 on: March 31, 2018, 12:29:16 AM

Cool knife Fuzzbucket with a great background! :like: :tu: :tu:

Thanks V-man!  :salute:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #38 on: March 31, 2018, 04:37:32 AM
Nice knives, Vicman!!!

Tell me, what are your 3 most prized SAKs??
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #39 on: March 31, 2018, 01:26:47 PM
that handle is colorful awesome   :like: :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: April 02, 2018, 08:31:53 PM
Nice knives, Vicman!!!

Tell me, what are your 3 most prized SAKs??

My 3 (4 ) most prized SAKS are the exposed rivet Champion in the middle of the picture which had never been used and  was in the original box and I bought it for $10.00 at a Gun & Knife show in Dayton Ohio. The guy had no idea what it was.

The other SAKS are the 2 100 year Swiss Champs (I was a Victorinox dealer when they came out, so I got them for dealer cost)

The last most prized is the Space Shuttle model which I also got while I was a Victorinox dealer.

Click on the picture for best picture.
GEDC0472.JPG
* GEDC0472.JPG (Filesize: 374.94 KB)

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #41 on: April 02, 2018, 08:39:54 PM
I didn't know you were a former Vic dealer!

Incredible pieces  :tu:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: April 02, 2018, 08:51:18 PM
I didn't know you were a former Vic dealer!

Incredible pieces  :tu:

Thanks El C!

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #43 on: April 02, 2018, 10:33:56 PM
Some great knives and stories here. T bad I got zero knives with histories like that, I was a pretty destructive kid, and broke all knives I got from my dad.
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: April 05, 2018, 08:54:02 AM
I think my 3 most prized knives are flying in a missing man formation, a little fixed blade I owned as a child that was stolen will always have a place in my heart.

The custom D2 fixed blade that was my 40th gift to myself has sentimental value for more reasons that one.

Next is the Tapio Wirkkala Puukko, just a knife I love, never thought I would own one, then I received it as a gift  :cheers:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: April 05, 2018, 01:01:39 PM
I think my 3 most prized knives are flying in a missing man formation, a little fixed blade I owned as a child that was stolen will always have a place in my heart.

The custom D2 fixed blade that was my 40th gift to myself has sentimental value for more reasons that one.

Next is the Tapio Wirkkala Puukko, just a knife I love, never thought I would own one, then I received it as a gift  :cheers:

Thanks for sharing Gerhard! :like: :tu: :tu:

The memories that certain knives bring are priceless!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #46 on: January 07, 2019, 09:59:24 PM
This thread deserves a bump  :tu:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #47 on: January 07, 2019, 10:39:15 PM
This thread deserves a bump  :tu:

Thanks Steve! :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: January 07, 2019, 11:30:51 PM
Nice bump.  Glad to re read some of these terrific stories and gawk at the wonderful pictures. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: January 07, 2019, 11:41:09 PM
Nice bump.  Glad to re read some of these terrific stories and gawk at the wonderful pictures.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD