Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

ESEE Knives Izula-II

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: ESEE Knives Izula-II
Reply #90 on: January 04, 2019, 12:58:23 PM
I've yet to wonder into the world of fixed-blades.  What is it about the Dozier Personal that makes it your favorite?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Here's a review of the Izula II and Dozier i did a while back: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,78539.msg1758279.html#msg1758279

The Dozier is just a realllllllly comfortable and elegant knife - I actually (embarrassingly) turned Nix down the first time he offered it to me, but then it coincided with him buying a folder in the US on my behalf and he included it in the package. I'm so glad he did because it's a fantastic little knife.

I use it daily for food prep, plus out and about it's a great size for taking out rambling, fire making, processing timber - all sorts.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #91 on: January 04, 2019, 02:11:12 PM
I've yet to wonder into the world of fixed-blades.  What is it about the Dozier Personal that makes it your favorite?

Here's a review of the Izula II and Dozier i did a while back: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,78539.msg1758279.html#msg1758279

The Dozier is just a realllllllly comfortable and elegant knife - I actually (embarrassingly) turned Nix down the first time he offered it to me, but then it coincided with him buying a folder in the US on my behalf and he included it in the package. I'm so glad he did because it's a fantastic little knife.

I use it daily for food prep, plus out and about it's a great size for taking out rambling, fire making, processing timber - all sorts.

You use it on timber and then on food? Doesn't timber make it dull for food processing purposes?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #92 on: January 04, 2019, 02:30:36 PM

You use it on timber and then on food? Doesn't timber make it dull for food processing purposes?
nope. It's easy to sharpen on a ceramic rod if it does need a touch up though.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #93 on: January 04, 2019, 04:29:47 PM
The steel does make difference in how it will hold up.  The Dozier is D2 can do quite a bit of work before it dulls.  This is the great thing about certain steels and good edge geometry.  Whats wonderful is the size.  I can really appreciate a smaller fixed blade for lots of chores.  When I carry my small fixed blades I tend to use them quite a bit for everything.  I tend to use my folders however for specific things.  I dont tend to use a folder for food and opening packages of ( fill in the blank ).  With a fixed blade cleaning is the key.  I have no problem using mine for foods and everything else.  Thats my 2c. 

D2 is a wonderful steel.         
Esse Quam Videri

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #94 on: January 04, 2019, 04:35:04 PM
The steel does make difference in how it will hold up.  The Dozier is D2 can do quite a bit of work before it dulls.  This is the great thing about certain steels and good edge geometry.  Whats wonderful is the size.  I can really appreciate a smaller fixed blade for lots of chores.  When I carry my small fixed blades I tend to use them quite a bit for everything.  I tend to use my folders however for specific things.  I dont tend to use a folder for food and opening packages of ( fill in the blank ).  With a fixed blade cleaning is the key.  I have no problem using mine for foods and everything else.  Thats my 2c. 

D2 is a wonderful steel.         
:iagree: What he said  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31