Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Problem with KainuunPuukko

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Problem with KainuunPuukko
on: January 08, 2019, 08:00:34 PM
Hi!
Did someone order knife from Kainuun Puukko ( http://www.kainuunpuukko.com )? Did you have any problems with communication or order?
I have ordered 1 knife, pay with paypal, got return mail from paypal that money is send to them and I got return mail from Kainuun that my order is placed. When I made that order it was indicated that time for making knife is up to 2 months.
After more then 2 months I have send them e-mail just to check status of my order. No response. So I send another mail after 10 days. No response. Then I send them few massages over facebook. Gues what ... NO RESPONSE FROM THEM! Not a word!
So now I need help. What to do next? This is my first really bad on-line shoping experience so i'm not sure how to get my knife or my money back.
Thanks guys!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Problem with KainuunPuukko
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 08:24:53 PM
Never dealt with them  :-\ sorry to hear about it. I would go to PayPal now and file a claim :salute: hope that there isn't a deadline to be able to do this :-[ Good luck with the whole situation :salute:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 08:43:50 PM
From what I read, PayPal is good at taking care of buyers.  It might be a process but contacting them is your first step.  Maybe send another message to the place you bought the knife and let them know you will be opening a claim?  It might encourage them to send the knife? 

Good luck to you.  :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 08:45:47 PM
You could try to contact them via Facebook. Few guy have told that they have little problems with delivery and communicating. I also xould tomorrow call them and ask what is status of it

Only Tools Matters

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 09:29:31 PM
Opening a claim at paypal is my last resort.
I will try few more massages via facebook/messenger but after that i will have to ask money back.
Thanks for answers

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 09:59:43 PM
Did you reach them via Facebook or did ask refund via PayPal

Only Tools Matters

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 11:23:05 AM
I ask refund via PayPal and I finally got answer from him. Now we negotiate  :woohoo:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 11:55:51 AM
Great to hear that you got an answer from him :salute: Hope you are able to work out a good solution :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 05:37:50 PM
I ask refund via PayPal and I finally got answer from him. Now we negotiate  :woohoo:

:tu:
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 05:49:11 PM
To end this story ...
Today, after 5 months of waiting and losing my nerves, the knife finally arrived. BUT  ... it is not even close to the knife i ordered from him. Wrong sheath color, wrong handle color, burr on the edge  :facepalm:
I just don't have energy to send him a mail and complain.
But that is OK, I will still use the knife. As door stoper ... to remove mud from boots ... or to pick nails from wood boards ... or ...  :facepalm:
Buying knife from Kainuun Puukko - first time, last time and NEVER AGAIN

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 05:54:42 PM
To end this story ...
Today, after 5 months of waiting and losing my nerves, the knife finally arrived. BUT  ... it is not even close to the knife i ordered from him. Wrong sheath color, wrong handle color, burr on the edge  :facepalm:
I just don't have energy to send him a mail and complain.
But that is OK, I will still use the knife. As door stoper ... to remove mud from boots ... or to pick nails from wood boards ... or ...  :facepalm:
Buying knife from Kainuun Puukko - first time, last time and NEVER AGAIN
Well that sucks, 5 months of doing 1 lousy puukko is ridicilous long time

Only Tools Matters

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 05:56:11 PM
You just should buy Jääkäripuukko

Only Tools Matters

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 05:59:29 PM
 :rant: I am really sorry to hear this.  Really very sorry.  Please take a moment or a few days to settle before you think about actually using the knife.  I'd personally made sure to document the knife ( pictures ) and send them a detailed email letting them know the issues. 

At this juncture of waiting and very bad communication then to receive a knife that is not up to the standards by which you decided to order from them in the first place,  I wouldn't settle.  Push back.  Do not let them have the last word by sending you the wrong item. 

Even if you can muster the energy to let them know you need a moment to catch your breath BUT you are unhappy as the knife you have is not what you ordered.  If only so they and you have record of your dissatisfaction.  You can always follow up when you've regained some time and energy. 

Again I am very sorry you have to deal with this but please don't let this pass.  You deserve what you've ordered and 5 months later you most certainly deserve more than they have delivered. 

Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 06:05:18 PM
Back to Paypal. Filing a new claim stating the item is not as ordered/desscribed.

Even though Paypal is a bunch of scammers in itself.

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 06:37:18 PM
You should also contact them and give the public reclamation of it, if possible use social medias to give them feedback

Only Tools Matters

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 06:42:44 PM
Thanks for support guys!  :salute: :cheers: :hatsoff:
I'll cool down for day or two and then react again.
 :multi:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 06:43:02 PM
:rant: I am really sorry to hear this.  Really very sorry.  Please take a moment or a few days to settle before you think about actually using the knife.  I'd personally made sure to document the knife ( pictures ) and send them a detailed email letting them know the issues. 

At this juncture of waiting and very bad communication then to receive a knife that is not up to the standards by which you decided to order from them in the first place,  I wouldn't settle.  Push back.  Do not let them have the last word by sending you the wrong item. 

Even if you can muster the energy to let them know you need a moment to catch your breath BUT you are unhappy as the knife you have is not what you ordered.  If only so they and you have record of your dissatisfaction.  You can always follow up when you've regained some time and energy. 

Again I am very sorry you have to deal with this but please don't let this pass.  You deserve what you've ordered and 5 months later you most certainly deserve more than they have delivered.

This. Awl of it.

Hope you can find a way to solve this in a matter that doesn't leave you feeling so bad.

:cheers: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 07:10:51 PM
MTO is a great place to vent so by all mean always vent here.  When having to deal with the annoyance you can then proceed collected so hopefully a win/win solution can be achieved. 

Oh and believe me I VENT.  So, I have to remind myself when to cool down so I can proceed collectedly.   :whistle:
Esse Quam Videri

jp Offline Takeda

• New User
Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 10:48:00 AM
I bought a knife from the store in 2017 and I am still waiting to receive it. He does not answer to emails I even tried to contact him trough Instagram without success.
I payed with bank transfer back then. I asked for refund today Never ever buy from this shops.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 11:13:41 AM
Sorry to hear this, Tekeda :-\ hope that someday you either get money back or a knife :salute: Also, welcome to :MTO: :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 02:04:17 PM
 :iagree:  Stick with it Takeda, don't stop asking for your money back.  It's a shame really.  I have read online a few times where knife makers do lame stuff like this.  Part of the reason I stick with the "bigger" companies which is a bummer because I really want to support small makers. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 02:04:59 PM
Oh and Takeda, Welcome to the forum. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #22 on: March 13, 2019, 02:10:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Takeda... Cool avatar!  :like:

jp Offline Takeda

• New User
Reply #23 on: August 29, 2019, 07:30:14 PM
I got my knife finally my last resort was to contact the Finnish consumer protection and it worked instant. Those people don't mess around. I will never buy from his shop again though even if he has beautiful knives which you can customize.

20190827_174254-2470x936-2223x842.jpg
* 20190827_174254-2470x936-2223x842.jpg (Filesize: 114.78 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: August 30, 2019, 05:46:32 AM
 :woohoo: I am very happy for you.  I hope you will get good use from it.  Nice to know the Finnish Consumer Protection took care of it for you.  Yay on them  :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #25 on: August 30, 2019, 07:32:02 AM
Can I suggest that the two unhappy customers post a summary of their dealings in the Feedback sub-forum.  That might save some other MTo members from having the same frustrations (that's one of the many good things about this forum, we look out for each other).
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: August 30, 2019, 08:02:22 AM
I got my knife finally my last resort was to contact the Finnish consumer protection and it worked instant. Those people don't mess around. I will never buy from his shop again though even if he has beautiful knives which you can customize.

Glad to see this being resolved somehow, but 2 years! ::)   Regardless how good they are, without proper response and reasons, it's still way too long out of most consumer's comfort zone.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: August 30, 2019, 01:53:30 PM
Great suggestion Greg  :tu:.  Its obscene to have waited 2 years unless you knew before hand like with some custom makers.   
Esse Quam Videri

Offline Adam_Cyborg

• New User
Reply #28 on: March 22, 2021, 10:42:30 PM
I know this is an old thread, but glad I found it -- and this forum. It helped me take the next step and inform the Finnish Consumer Protection agency.

I've also been waiting on a knife from Kainuun Puukko since 2017. Still am. :(

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #29 on: March 22, 2021, 11:40:59 PM
Very sorry to hear that.  I do hope you'll get refund or an outstanding knife ASAP.   :popcorn:
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD