Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any carpenters in the house?

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Any carpenters in the house?
Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 01:25:45 PM
I can't believe I'm the one saying this: gloves! Handling sharp tools, hammering, grabbing boards that might have splinters...

+1 on the water and food.

I wouldn't be so concerned about having EVERYTHING he's going to need in the first day. They'll probably have some spares he can use and give him a list of what is indispensable and what could be usefull so he can begin putting his tool set together.

Good luck to him!

:salute: :cheers:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 01:40:58 PM
His employer really should supply all ppe, but actually that's a good point, it wouldn't harm to have a good pair of work gloves... and some decent dust masks just in case the employers a bit tight fisted with that kind of stuff. Little first aid kit's not a bad idea too.  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #32 on: January 13, 2019, 05:24:00 PM
Oh he’s got a first aid kit in his car, it’s one of four, seven if you count the absolute minis in the backpack, purse, and wallet..
He’s got a pair of gloves, those tactical ones with knuckle guards, there somewhere around here..
Idk what their going to be having him do the first couple days but the two absolute musts are the tape measure and notepad..
Guess we’ll find out in  a few days..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #33 on: January 13, 2019, 05:42:41 PM
Oh he’s got a first aid kit in his car, it’s one of four, seven if you count the absolute minis in the backpack, purse, and wallet..
He’s got a pair of gloves, those tactical ones with knuckle guards, there somewhere around here..
Idk what their going to be having him do the first couple days but the two absolute musts are the tape measure and notepad..
JR

... and pencil.  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: January 13, 2019, 05:47:47 PM
JR

Well duh,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #35 on: January 13, 2019, 06:26:41 PM
JR

Well duh,,
JR

Well... EXCUUUUUUSE ME!!!  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh (best Steve Martin voice)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: January 13, 2019, 06:38:40 PM
JR

Well duh,,
JR

Well... EXCUUUUUUSE ME!!!  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh (best Steve Martin voice)
Lol :rofl:
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 06:12:12 AM
Well, tomorrows his first day on the new job, they called him the other day and he asked if he needed to bring anything but idk what they said, but mom made him a cute little lunch, lol, and I found a small notepad and pencil and put it on the table for him, whether he takes it is another question..

Moms going to throw some goodies in the crockpot tomorrow morning to make a little something for when he comes home, normally with his other job he wouldn’t be home till after 9pm so she’s thrilled to have a full family dinner, and of course we all want to hear about the job!
JR

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: January 17, 2019, 06:58:32 AM

:popcorn:
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: January 17, 2019, 06:28:23 PM
He left this morning, took the little notepad and pencil, yet must have been nerves, forgot his lunch in the fridge, lol..
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: January 17, 2019, 06:34:23 PM
He left this morning, took the little notepad and pencil, yet must have been nerves, forgot his lunch in the fridge, lol..
JR

He'll be busy and when lunch comes around he'll be like  :rant:  :facepalm:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: January 17, 2019, 07:36:29 PM
JR

He'll be busy and when lunch comes around he'll be like  :rant:  :facepalm:
Oh I’ve done that, someone gave me one of their sandwiches and another a snack. But the first time on the job I was so busy someone came and got me, said hey break time, I was like wow that was fast, I didn’t have a watch or phone, anyway, we all gathered around shot the crap making some jokes, and I shoved one of the sandwich’s down then the foreman said ok, back to work, I was like :think: that was a fast lunch, so I went back to what I was doing and then the same guy came and got me a few hours later, he’s like “hey let’s go, lunch!” I was like huh, didn’t we just have lunch, isn’t it time to go home? I’m confused! Little did I know you got the 15min break around 9:30 :doh: boy did I feel stupid!

I’ll never forget the one joke the foreman said that day, he was driving the industrial equipment, and back then we had pagers, you couldn’t hear or feel those things go off, so the guys like “how am I suppose to know they go off, maybe if they had mini jumper cables and you could hook them up to your *cough* down below, and when it goes off you get shocked, bzzzzzz, then you’d know” lol..
JR

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: January 17, 2019, 08:37:45 PM
Hope he has a great first day :salute: Won't be long and he will be home :like:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #43 on: January 17, 2019, 08:39:44 PM

What he said!  :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #44 on: January 17, 2019, 08:42:13 PM

^ This and we expect a full report  ;)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: January 17, 2019, 08:57:35 PM
How do you think we feel, we have been working on dinner all day, so we can sit around the table and hear what he’s got to say and maybe need.. the little guy just walked in the front door,
JR

Two mesquite pork roast,
About 3lbs of potato’s
And cornbread!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: January 18, 2019, 12:52:30 AM
Oh dinner was good, was kinda funny cause the kid came home ABSOLUTELY starving, his one boot wouldn’t come off and he soooo wanted food so he just walked to the table with one boot on, then got mad cause he really wanted it off,

So, about his day, he’s so so low man on the totem pole, so they gave him a part of safety glasses and threw him on the router table, he pretty much just took scrap wood and just ran it through all day long, yet after the day was over the boss asked him if he wanted to clock in some overtime? Still got stuck doing the same thing but still a couple extra hours! They still do it the school way by using punch cards! lol
JR

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: January 18, 2019, 01:23:20 AM
Sounds like a very promising day :tu: and even asked if he wanted some overtime :cheers: I would say that was a good idea working over, it shows he wants to work and learn :like: Tell him good luck and just stick in there because it will get easier in time :salute:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #48 on: January 18, 2019, 01:46:08 AM
Sounds like a very promising day :tu: and even asked if he wanted some overtime :cheers: I would say that was a good idea working over, it shows he wants to work and learn :like: Tell him good luck and just stick in there because it will get easier in time :salute:

:iagree:  testing his mettle out by the sounds of it   :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: January 18, 2019, 07:33:14 AM
Bet he wont forget lunch tomorrow.  Glad he had a good day.  Stay focused and work hard.  He'll do great. 
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #50 on: January 18, 2019, 01:30:33 PM

^ This and we expect a full report  ;)

+1 and remember:

:worthless:

:D :D :D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #51 on: January 18, 2019, 01:32:43 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #52 on: January 18, 2019, 03:45:06 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:hatsoff: :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #53 on: January 18, 2019, 04:05:51 PM
Bet he wont forget lunch tomorrow.  Glad he had a good day.  Stay focused and work hard.  He'll do great.
After dinner he got all cleaned up then went to a friends, took his lunch with him! Now whether or not he remembers it there idk?
JR

I’ll keep everyone up to date on the job if I get any info..
JR

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #54 on: January 18, 2019, 06:16:42 PM

Not a bad first day  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: January 25, 2019, 12:14:49 AM
Any updates ? 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: January 25, 2019, 01:07:24 AM
Since he’s been moved off the one machine and taken out in field he’s loving it, I haven’t gotten much info besides he’s the “go get” or “do this” kid on the job,
JR

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #57 on: January 25, 2019, 06:56:33 AM

Sounds good to me JR  :tu:
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: January 25, 2019, 04:39:43 PM
Since he’s been moved off the one machine and taken out in field he’s loving it, I haven’t gotten much info besides he’s the “go get” or “do this” kid on the job,
JR

That's what they call the "gopher"

Good to hear he's getting out in the field !  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #59 on: January 25, 2019, 05:31:25 PM
Having a game night tonight, maybe I’ll find out some more..
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%