Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Multitool in Bumblebee movie?

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Multitool in Bumblebee movie?
on: January 09, 2019, 12:27:17 PM
Unfortunately I cannot attach a screenshot but in the Bumblebee movie in the scene where Charlie gets ready for action, she inserts an MT into her pocket. Looked like a PST or something, I cannot be sure, it was a brief scene.
Did anybody else notice it?

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Re: Multitool in Bumblebee movie?
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 12:28:41 PM
Unfortunately I cannot attach a screenshot but in the Bumblebee movie in the scene where Charlie gets ready for action, she inserts an MT into her pocket. Looked like a PST or something, I cannot be sure, it was a brief scene.

Yeah I saw the movie yesterday and I noticed that too, it does look like a PST...which would be period correct as well for 1987

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 12:36:07 PM

Yeah I saw the movie yesterday and I noticed that too, it does look like a PST...which would be period correct as well for 1987

Wow, you're so right! I was wondering why they did not use a "proper" (hehe, please bear with me, PST-fans :P ) model!

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 12:58:03 PM

Wow, you're so right! I was wondering why they did not use a "proper" (hehe, please bear with me, PST-fans :P ) model!

If my highly blurred by wine and G&T memory serves me right, the PST was introduced to the market in 1983, and the original transformers cartoon (G1 as it’s called, which is also what the opening scene on cybertron is based off) first aired on TV in 1984, so it would be period correct for that too....even though the movie takes place in 1987.....a year after the female transformers were introduced both in the toy line but also after 1986s “The Transformers, The Movie” as it was called.

If you noticed the song bumblebee played in the scene where Charlie was going to jump off the clif after the “pretty boy” character encourages her to jump of the cliff and into the water with him.

The song that goes like “You got the touch, you got the power” was actually the theme song to the 1986 movie (The transformers, the movie).

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 01:00:10 PM
The song was song by Stan Bush from the band “Lion”

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 01:01:05 PM

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 01:05:56 PM

If my highly blurred by wine and G&T memory serves me right, the PST was introduced to the market in 1983, and the original transformers cartoon (G1 as it’s called, which is also what the opening scene on cybertron is based off) first aired on TV in 1984, so it would be period correct for that too....even though the movie takes place in 1987.....a year after the female transformers were introduced both in the toy line but also after 1986s “The Transformers, The Movie” as it was called.

If you noticed the song bumblebee played in the scene where Charlie was going to jump off the clif after the “pretty boy” character encourages her to jump of the cliff and into the water with him.

The song that goes like “You got the touch, you got the power” was actually the theme song to the 1986 movie (The transformers, the movie).

Impressive analysis, sir!  :hatsoff:

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 01:08:20 PM

Impressive analysis, sir!  :hatsoff:

It was my favorite show as a kid and I had all the toys too.

#nerdmodeactivated

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 01:13:31 PM
I have some, too! I'm lacking 2 Aerialbots for the Superion, though.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 07:52:44 PM
grabbed some pics for you today watching the film  :salute:

plier head has a steep angle in the jaws  :dunno:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 12:28:13 AM
Look at the angles on that head- props to the prop guy for finding an early PST.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%