Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Some of my choppers.

us Offline WECSOG

Some of my choppers.
on: January 13, 2019, 05:40:39 PM
A smallish tree blew down on my property in a recent windstorm. It was blocking a gate, so I put a chain on it and used my truck to drag it to a convenient spot to cut it up. I decided to use a few of my choppers for the task. So I replaced the back wheel of my Sportster with a big saw blade...  :facepalm:
No! Not that kind of chopper!  :rofl:

I started with this one. I can't legally call it a Cold Steel. When the original Camillus company went out of business, the knife world lost its source of one of the best carbon steels available. According to what I've been told, Case Chrome Vanadium and Cold Steel Carbon V were a couple of examples of other knife companies buying blanks from Camillus and putting their own mark on it. If you look closely, you can see that said mark has been ground off this large Khukri pattern knife, along with all other markings. Apparently, also as I've been told (by the company I bought this from), Cold Steel discontinued all their Carbon V knives as soon as they got the news. They found another source of carbon steel (Chinese I'm pretty sure), tooled up for it and sold off all remaining stock of knives made with the American Camillus steel. Finished knives with all markings removed, finished blades sans handle (likewise no markings), and even unground blanks. Apparently they stopped the machines and pulled everything off, regardless of the stage of completion.
I bought a few of them very cheaply. The company I bought them from (who I'm not supposed to name) bought a lot of them; perhaps all of them. IIRC I got this one for $20. It's not the thin-bladed machete; it's the heavy 3/8" thick version.
CSKhukri1.jpg
* CSKhukri1.jpg (Filesize: 207.87 KB)

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Some of my choppers.
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 05:42:46 PM
Nice Kukri!  :like:

us Offline WECSOG

Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 05:44:14 PM
Next I broke out the real Khukri. I bought this one from a mail-order gun parts company a few years ago.

GK1.jpg
* GK1.jpg (Filesize: 234.51 KB)

us Offline WECSOG

Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 05:44:55 PM

us Offline WECSOG

Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 05:53:47 PM
Last chopper is not even a knife, machete or axe: it is a shovel! Specifically a Cold Steel Spetznaz shovel. This thing is awesome! It's carbon steel, but I think it's more like 1055 instead of Carbon V.
Wish I had a real Spetznaz shovel to go along with this Cold Steel version. But I guess I can make due with this one.  :tu:

CSS1.jpg
* CSS1.jpg (Filesize: 215.36 KB)
CSS2.jpg
* CSS2.jpg (Filesize: 203.72 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 06:02:41 PM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 06:04:33 PM
Badge awarded !   :cheers:

us Offline WECSOG

Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 06:28:03 PM
Badge awarded !   :cheers:

Thanks, Steve!  :tu:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 06:30:13 PM
nice Kuk. and shovel
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline WECSOG

Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 06:49:22 PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24