Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

the tool that you just cant get your hands on

us Offline rescue4500

on: January 14, 2019, 09:09:53 PM
Is there maybe a tool that you want that to this day you just havent been able to get your hands on? For whatever reason? too expensive? too rare?

mine is the leatherman pst 2, mainly because i dont spend more than 20$ on used multitools and i feel that the pst 2 is a rarity to find at pawn shops and flea markets, which is usually where i always look.
the pst 2 and all its glory will one day be a tool i own but who knows when. maybe people just know how rare they are and thats why the price is never right for my budget (that my wife set for me when we got married)

another one one my list is the original supertool for the same reasons

whats the tool you still havent been able to add to your collection and why
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Re: the tool that you just cant get your hands on
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:39:37 PM
There is one definetly on my wanted list what im not gonna get cause its way too expensive and its Wenger Giant. I boughted 3 SuperTool ~40€ pcs and on of those SuperTools was BO CC SuperTool. These were boughted diffrent times

Only Tools Matters

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 09:42:34 PM
Victorinox passenger.. They don't pop up that often and when they do they are above my budget, I could do one myself from a explorer but it's not the same as an original. I will probably do one myself in the future to satisfy my "I want it" desire even though I don't think I would use it that much.

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 09:53:12 PM
Wenger SI

The few that you can find are pretty expensive

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 09:54:39 PM
Victorinox passenger.. They don't pop up that often and when they do they are above my budget, I could do one myself from a explorer but it's not the same as an original. I will probably do one myself in the future to satisfy my "I want it" desire even though I don't think I would use it that much.

I was able to buy my Passenger 15€. Im not even sure how much do they ask about it

Only Tools Matters

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 06:38:31 AM
Charge TTI, I bought one about 8-10 years ago but returned it cause of the file scraping on handle issue, now the prices are just so much higher and I can't afford it anymore and kinda wish I never returned that one.

Probably any USA made Spyderco or Benchmade as well, just out of my budget.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 06:40:49 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 07:11:08 AM

I was able to buy my Passenger 15€. Im not even sure how much do they ask about it

Only Tools Matters
(Image removed from quote.)
That is a good price! Something around 100-150 € so you got a nice deal!

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 07:37:00 AM

Only Tools Matters

Wow, never expected to cost so much.

Only Tools Matters

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 07:53:56 AM
Currently cannot seem to find these that I want for any kind of reasonable price/condition.

Paladin PT-540.
Leatherman Vista.
Vic XAVT.

But, to anyone who has desires that don't match the available monetary resources, you'll find what you want one day. Either by sheer luck you'll stumble upon it or you can tuck away the money you'd spend on cheap/inexpensive stuff until it matches what is needed to procure what you desire. :)

Tools I never thought I'd get, because of poor buying decisions and/or unwillingness to shell out the cash(but eventually realized I'd be happier buying a few great tools instead of a bunch of $20 stuff).
Kershaw A100 NIB.
LM Charge TTi(2x regular and 1 Realtree).
LM Charge Ti(2005 version).
LM MUT.
Gerber MP650.
Gerber MP FPR NIB.
Gerber MP BO V.1.0 NIB.
Gerber Grappler.
SOG BlackTip(first one was a generous gift and second one was bought).
SOG PowerLock w/ piano locks.
SOG PowerLock BO Traveler.
Paladin PT-510.
Schrade ST5E.
OG Kutmaster MultiMaster.
OG Super Bear Jaws.
And a heap more as well. :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:55:41 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 12:55:48 PM

Only Tools Matters

Wow, never expected to cost so much.

Only Tools Matters
To much for me at least,

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 02:11:08 PM
I have a soft spot for the LM Crunch......but I just think its too expensive for what it is........which is ironic since I just ordered a BO LM Surge..
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 02:34:44 PM
I have a soft spot for the LM Crunch......but I just think its too expensive for what it is........which is ironic since I just ordered a BO LM Surge..

i have a letherman crunch and im not all that impressed with it, dont get me wrong its a great well built tool but i need needle nose pliers alot more than i need vice grips
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 02:46:15 PM
I would love to have a Leatherman Wave+, but it is soooo expensive. Just can't convince myself to spend so much money.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 02:48:17 PM by Serena »

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 03:23:41 PM

i have a letherman crunch and im not all that impressed with it, dont get me wrong its a great well built tool but i need needle nose pliers alot more than i need vice grips

I know and that's what I mean when I say " its too expensive for what it is" ...I was holding one in a tool store a while back and I was just there thinking "130 Euros for this?" ...I think the crunch is just way overpriced for what it is...had it maybe been around the same price as a Rebar ..70-80 Euros then it would make it more justifiable.

But still I keep wanting one for some reason  :climber:
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 03:34:51 PM

I know and that's what I mean when I say " its too expensive for what it is" ...I was holding one in a tool store a while back and I was just there thinking "130 Euros for this?" ...I think the crunch is just way overpriced for what it is...had it maybe been around the same price as a Rebar ..70-80 Euros then it would make it more justifiable.

when i bought it i had a few extra bucks, it was my last expensive purchase before my daughter was born, since then the only expensive one i bought is the signal, when the signal came out i just absolutely had to have one and im not gonna lie, i feel the signal was worth the 120 i paid for it, my wife however disagreed

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 03:45:45 PM

when i bought it i had a few extra bucks, it was my last expensive purchase before my daughter was born, since then the only expensive one i bought is the signal, when the signal came out i just absolutely had to have one and im not gonna lie, i feel the signal was worth the 120 i paid for it, my wife however disagreed

Man I feel ya on that one....but of course they have no problem spending 1000+ bucks on Handbags and shoes that they never wear and expensive makeup that no-one will ever notice or can tell apart from the cheap stuff...

....Or ..."I feel a little sick" = Spend 100+ bucks on a doctors consultation only to be told that it will pass in a week.

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 03:48:36 PM
Oh yeah...here's another one..

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 04:04:56 PM
Oh yeah...here's another one..

i just laughed so hard at this one

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 04:25:55 PM
Pioneer Settler, unused for under $50. Preferably in red.  :D
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 06:39:08 PM
Vic Yeoman for me.  Just too much money.  The Vic Artisan is another one I would love to get my hands on.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #20 on: January 17, 2019, 03:10:45 PM
PST 2 and Sideclip... and a bunch of other SAKs... :facepalm:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 03:39:51 PM
The older camo Charge TTI. Comes up on ebay occasionally but always priced way out of my range.....
Screenshot_20190117_223742.jpg
* Screenshot_20190117_223742.jpg (Filesize: 307.9 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 04:11:32 PM
I dont know.  I didn't think I'd ever get a Kershaw A100 but thankfully I did.  I wanted a Yeoman and now that I have one ( +B version ) I'm not so sure I like it as much as I thought I would.  My Salesman seems to fill the role well.  I got a Passenger but feel it missed the mark a bit.  Voyageur, I also wanted one but I like the can opener and cap lifter.

I wanted an XTi and got one then sold it  :facepalm:

I cannot think of anything off hand.  Camo LM would be nice at the right price.  If the XL, XLT, XXLT, XAVT, or Giant fell into my lap I wouldn't be sad  :D   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 02:12:48 AM
I dont know.  I didn't think I'd ever get a Kershaw A100 but thankfully I did.  I wanted a Yeoman and now that I have one ( +B version ) I'm not so sure I like it as much as I thought I would.  My Salesman seems to fill the role well.  I got a Passenger but feel it missed the mark a bit.  Voyageur, I also wanted one but I like the can opener and cap lifter.

I cannot think of anything off hand.  Camo LM would be nice at the right price.  If the XL, XLT, XXLT, XAVT, or Giant fell into my lap I wouldn't be sad  :D   

So sorry to hear that the Yeoman wasnt all you had hoped for.  Send it to me immediately and I will dispose of it properly for you  :whistle:  :D

Offline stugumby

Reply #24 on: January 18, 2019, 02:42:43 AM
leathermen Pulse, flair and side clip, all not so hard to find but more than im willing to pay, but them again my genius ass bought a whole bunch of swiss tools to get all the plier head patterns...

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: January 18, 2019, 07:26:27 AM

So sorry to hear that the Yeoman wasnt all you had hoped for.  Send it to me immediately and I will dispose of it properly for you  :whistle:  :D

Clowns SAK disposal service.   :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 08:58:55 AM

EHEHEHEHEHE  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That was hilarious  :rofl: :rofl: :tu:

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 09:04:55 AM
BTW the tool I cannot get my hands on would be a LM Crunch  :(
It's starting to feel like it's my "unicorn". It's somewhere up there, some people have seen it, some even own it, once I came across a VERY good deal, almost bought it but the seller sold it to someone else.

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #28 on: January 18, 2019, 02:55:30 PM
There is one definetly on my wanted list what im not gonna get cause its way too expensive and its Wenger Giant. I boughted 3 SuperTool ~40€ pcs and on of those SuperTools was BO CC SuperTool. These were boughted diffrent times(Image removed from quote.)

Only Tools Matters

i came a cross a leatherman super tool last year at a flea market, it had a broken philips head and the guy wanted 45 for it i offered him 20 and never could make a deal, he said a new one cost 85 and me being the smarty i am said sir they havent made that tool since 2004, ended up exchanging a few words im pretty sure i cant use on here, and finally my wife grabbed me and said will you quit before you get us kicked out, after a while i went back and apologized to the gentleman and again offered him 20  ;)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 09:00:59 PM
There is one definetly on my wanted list what im not gonna get cause its way too expensive and its Wenger Giant. I boughted 3 SuperTool ~40€ pcs and on of those SuperTools was BO CC SuperTool. These were boughted diffrent times(Image removed from quote.)

Only Tools Matters

i came a cross a leatherman super tool last year at a flea market, it had a broken philips head and the guy wanted 45 for it i offered him 20 and never could make a deal, he said a new one cost 85 and me being the smarty i am said sir they havent made that tool since 2004, ended up exchanging a few words im pretty sure i cant use on here, and finally my wife grabbed me and said will you quit before you get us kicked out, after a while i went back and apologized to the gentleman and again offered him 20  ;)

Still guessing you didn't get the Supertool  :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD