Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

the tool that you just cant get your hands on

us Offline rescue4500

Re: the tool that you just cant get your hands on
Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 09:38:28 PM
There is one definetly on my wanted list what im not gonna get cause its way too expensive and its Wenger Giant. I boughted 3 SuperTool ~40€ pcs and on of those SuperTools was BO CC SuperTool. These were boughted diffrent times(Image removed from quote.)

Only Tools Matters

i came a cross a leatherman super tool last year at a flea market, it had a broken philips head and the guy wanted 45 for it i offered him 20 and never could make a deal, he said a new one cost 85 and me being the smarty i am said sir they havent made that tool since 2004, ended up exchanging a few words im pretty sure i cant use on here, and finally my wife grabbed me and said will you quit before you get us kicked out, after a while i went back and apologized to the gentleman and again offered him 20  ;)

Still guessing you didn't get the Supertool  :rofl:

correct never got it
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #31 on: January 19, 2019, 02:01:57 AM
LM Genus
LM Vista
Spyderench
Byrdrench
And a leg long list of really old tools.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #32 on: January 19, 2019, 03:23:47 AM
LM Genus
LM Vista
Spyderench
Byrdrench

I'm guessing current asking prices have been the main obstacle here - some of those are now going for eye-wateringly-high prices   :cry:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: January 19, 2019, 03:50:22 PM
LM Genus
LM Vista
Spyderench
Byrdrench

I'm guessing current asking prices have been the main obstacle here - some of those are now going for eye-wateringly-high prices   :cry:

Yep.  Most of these are now well over $100 and more often offered in excess of $200. Since my obsession is also fun, I like to keep it that way by buying the obtainable at fun affordable prices.
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #34 on: January 19, 2019, 04:09:49 PM
Wenger SGT Shortix Plus

Never even seen one. This is the knife that would complete my Wenger collection (Bernina, Laser, Minator, STGW90). I would not say no to an SGT Fix-It either, but Shortix is the one I really want.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: January 19, 2019, 04:10:15 PM
Oh and Roberts SIN Pioneer... :drool:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: January 19, 2019, 04:36:01 PM
There is one definetly on my wanted list what im not gonna get cause its way too expensive and its Wenger Giant. I boughted 3 SuperTool ~40€ pcs and on of those SuperTools was BO CC SuperTool. These were boughted diffrent times(Image removed from quote.)

Only Tools Matters

i came a cross a leatherman super tool last year at a flea market, it had a broken philips head and the guy wanted 45 for it i offered him 20 and never could make a deal, he said a new one cost 85 and me being the smarty i am said sir they havent made that tool since 2004, ended up exchanging a few words im pretty sure i cant use on here, and finally my wife grabbed me and said will you quit before you get us kicked out, after a while i went back and apologized to the gentleman and again offered him 20  ;)
:rofl:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #37 on: January 20, 2019, 02:20:11 AM
For years, it was the Barnett Plier Knife. I finally got one with a broken blade (and even those tend to be pricey) for $20 from NKLamerus here.

For me, it's the first gen, Seki-made SOG MicroToolclip. I found one for under $20 with quite a bit of wear and tear (but a like-new serrated blade, while short, make quick work of all rope), then one day, it came unclipped from my pocket, and disappeared. Never found another for that price.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #38 on: January 20, 2019, 05:35:05 AM
For me, it's the first gen, Seki-made SOG MicroToolclip. I found one for under $20 with quite a bit of wear and tear (but a like-new serrated blade, while short, make quick work of all rope), then one day, it came unclipped from my pocket, and disappeared. Never found another for that price.

When you have a relatively low price limit (compared with regular selling prices) on an uncommon MT your chances of finding one are reduced significantly  :(
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: January 20, 2019, 05:51:59 AM

When you have a relatively low price limit (compared with regular selling prices) on an uncommon MT your chances of finding one are reduced significantly  :(

I second Greg's statement.  I limit my search to those tools I can find and purchase at prices I can afford. I've watched literally hundreds of tools sold at auction at prices I can't afford or won't pay.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #40 on: January 20, 2019, 10:14:36 AM
I second Greg's statement.  I limit my search to those tools I can find and purchase at prices I can afford. I've watched literally hundreds of tools sold at auction at prices I can't afford or won't pay.

In the past I have sometimes been one of those "enthusiastic" bidders prepared to bid quite high for a tool I really wanted, and "paid the price" (literally)  ::)

These days I either have most of the tools I want, or I am not prepared to pay the high price needed to secure them (I'm looking at you, original Cabela's catalogue v1 PST with hollow knurled screws and etched main blade !  )    :facepalm:

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: January 20, 2019, 03:52:25 PM
Some rare Wenger Ranger models and some AP snow and AP blaze models...

Also looking for so many LM and Vic models...

... and i want to complete my Kershaw hunter series...

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: January 20, 2019, 05:20:03 PM

In the past I have sometimes been one of those "enthusiastic" bidders prepared to bid quite high for a tool I really wanted, and "paid the price" (literally)  ::)

These days I either have most of the tools I want, or I am not prepared to pay the high price needed to secure them (I'm looking at you, original Cabela's catalogue v1 PST with hollow knurled screws and etched main blade !  )    :facepalm:

I feel your pain Greg.  :salute:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: January 21, 2019, 04:54:54 PM
Having 10 or a dozen Leathermans, a similar number of Victorinox Swiss Army Knives, 5 Buck knives, two Byrd knives and two Spydercos,  I really have more than I need. I bet I'm not the only one around here.

And like many of us, I'm checking Craigslist, the bay, flea markets for lucky shot deals.

However, since last summer, when I first held a Spyderco Atlantic Salt, I have wanted one. The impediment to garnering one is that the retail cost is a wee higher than I prefer to pay for a knife, and with Amazon, you aren't sure if you are getting the shackle key version or not. But really, I could have bought three by now, except, while saving towards one, I keep finding other things that strike me as interesting (recent acquisitions 1978 Buck 110, '78 Western 062, the 1992 Buck Vanguard ) and I decide the Atlantic Salt can wait a bit.

So really, I don't have the one I want because I myself change me own game plan when something else tantalizing presents itself.

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #44 on: January 25, 2019, 08:53:18 PM
fingers crossed i just bid on my dream tool the pst 2
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #45 on: January 26, 2019, 07:58:09 AM
Good luck, rescue! :tu:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 09:25:28 AM
Good luck!

The PST II is one of the most underrated tools out there  :tu:

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #47 on: January 26, 2019, 10:46:16 AM
Black Alox Cadet plus with firesteel.
Black Wilderness Pioneer

If the ever are sold it's on auction, with crazy prices

Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: January 29, 2019, 06:20:39 AM
fingers crossed i just bid on my dream tool the pst 2

First Leatherman I ever bought was a PSTII.  He'll of a multi tool while still maintaining slim line elegance of simplicity.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: January 29, 2019, 07:19:15 AM
A tool I never thought I'd find should be arriving tomorrow. CRKT Monster Zilla Tool. All the way from Germany. :woohoo:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: January 31, 2019, 06:34:12 AM
I had a Crunch and while it was a good tool, prob not worth the price premium it garners..
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #51 on: January 31, 2019, 06:48:24 AM
I had a Crunch and while it was a good tool, prob not worth the price premium it garners..
9325080020.jpg
* 9325080020.jpg (Filesize: 73.56 KB)

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #52 on: January 31, 2019, 02:56:30 PM

Depends if you actually need locking pliers.  If you do, then a Crunch is a very handy MT.  But the price of used ones does seem to have crept up quite a bit over the last few years.

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #53 on: February 05, 2019, 02:31:23 PM
have been outbid on 6 of them so far, even raised my limit to 35 dollars, but i know my time will be coming soon

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #54 on: February 05, 2019, 03:26:49 PM
Sometimes one must get a taller ladder when the ceiling is too high. :ahhh

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: February 05, 2019, 04:29:32 PM
have been outbid on 6 of them so far, even raised my limit to 35 dollars, but i know my time will be coming soon

:popcorn:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: February 05, 2019, 08:08:31 PM

That is a rather low price ceiling for a Crunch, but patience being the virtue that it is, you will probably be rewarded, just be prepared to wait.  I've purchased a couple of Waves from eBay under $30.  Somebody on this forum purchased a Kershaw A100 for $15 a while back.  Hang in there

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #57 on: February 06, 2019, 04:59:59 PM
That is a rather low price ceiling for a Crunch, but patience being the virtue that it is, you will probably be rewarded, just be prepared to wait.  I've purchased a couple of Waves from eBay under $30.  Somebody on this forum purchased a Kershaw A100 for $15 a while back.  Hang in there

Most popular MTs that I've seen sold cheaply is because either the seller put a low B-I-N price on it, or the description is vague/mispelt. 

But good luck with your search   :tu:

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #58 on: February 06, 2019, 05:39:33 PM
guess who just bought a pst2  ;)   :multi:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: February 07, 2019, 02:15:27 AM

Most popular MTs that I've seen sold cheaply is because either the seller put a low B-I-N price on it, or the description is vague/mispelt. 

But good luck with your search   :tu:

Well said sir!  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%