Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Big Folders: Let's See Em! All Brands--Any Type. 686

Sr. Member Posts: 372 "My real name is Elmiro Dungfoot."
Re: Big Folders: Let's See Em! All Brands--Any Type.
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 07:41:54 PM »
That is indeed:  "big and bad"!  :like:

"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher." - Frank Castle, 'The Punisher'

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,553 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2019, 09:09:51 PM »
 :iagree:

That knife is cool(especially the extending handle), but may be a tad too big for my EDC preference.  :D

Main collections: SOG, Gerber, Leatherman, Victorinox. Also lots of cheap & cheerful tools.
No Life Club Posts: 2,766 Honey Badger Don't Care
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2019, 03:43:13 PM »
What a blade  :o  :like:

~CsB
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,280 Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 05:21:39 PM »

:D

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest
Global Moderator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 16,796
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2019, 06:01:08 PM »
 :o

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2019, 12:51:57 AM »

Main collections: SOG, Gerber, Leatherman, Victorinox. Also lots of cheap & cheerful tools.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,280 Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2019, 08:49:37 PM »

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest
Hero Member Posts: 817
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2019, 12:31:05 AM »
Pak E Stan
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2019, 02:08:46 AM »

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2019, 02:12:34 AM »
Pak E Stan
Not a bad looking beater paki. :)

I've got some ugly as smurf pakis. Oh man. A friend said he has some great knives to give me if I helped repair his wife's computer. Should have looked at the knives first.  :facepalm:
I was hoping it was a box full of good old knives, but boy was I wrong. I should have known better, since he was the same guy who tried to pay me with a ziploc bag of lunch meat for setting up his DVR. We're no longer friends. :rofl:

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,855 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2019, 04:53:12 PM »
:iagree:

That knife is cool(especially the extending handle), but may be a tad too big for my EDC preference.  :D

Yup, I just got it for the rarity. Never seen one knife like that. There's a similar one, but without the extended handle to protect the blade (or your fingers).

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2019, 04:53:31 PM »
Here's an Albainox model:

No protection from the blade tip, though...

:-\ :P

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Hero Member Posts: 817
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2019, 05:15:32 PM »
Pak E Stan

The blade steel is questionable but the overall construction isn't all that bad.I got it from a friend only because of the size(I was into large knives at the time).As to that tiny Albainox model I think the reason there is no blade guard is that it may have originally had a belt sheath. That is a neat little knife;never seen one that small. I had a couple of the Indian ones but they went away.The only ones I have left now are a Hubertus and a smaller Parker.
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2019, 04:49:29 PM »
Pak E Stan

The blade steel is questionable but the overall construction isn't all that bad.I got it from a friend only because of the size(I was into large knives at the time).As to that tiny Albainox model I think the reason there is no blade guard is that it may have originally had a belt sheath. That is a neat little knife;never seen one that small. I had a couple of the Indian ones but they went away.The only ones I have left now are a Hubertus and a smaller Parker.

You're right. I saw a model with a leather sheath some time ago, but couldn't find it to show you.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

No Life Club Posts: 2,233
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2019, 01:52:49 AM »
Biggest folder I have is the Opinel 12 with it's nearly 6" blade. Really great for food prep; and the fat, long handle is super-comfortable for extended use. Considering getting the 12 Explore as a fishing knife, as it's stainless.  NOT a "pocket" knife, that's for sure! I think it will make a great hunting knife too.

Funny story behind this one. I was at my local knife store to get some knife maintenance supplies; and was going to pick up the miniscule No. 2 as well. I knew it didn't have the locking collar on the blade, but the blade was just too loose for me to feel confident with, so on a pure whim and an impulse buy bought the massive 12 for $25. Not a bad price for all that knife.

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2019, 05:40:52 AM »
Very nice #12, Cody! :like:

The Explore is great! I have the Explore, which was an impulse buy from a pile of incentives at Cabela's, and think it is a great knife. One of those things that I didn't know if I'd like, but really like after using it. The cutter system is good and the handle is even nicer than the wood handles for use, as it doesn't slip at all.
The Inox blade is my personal preference, because I'm a lazy has-been who can't be bothered to wipe off and oil my knives. :multi:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
February Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: $116.00
PayPal Fees: $7.73
Net Balance: $108.27
Below Goal: $191.73
Site Currency: USD
36%