Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

February Fixie Challenge

Nix · 1866 · 30337

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: February Fixie Challenge
Reply #120 on: January 29, 2019, 11:55:31 AM
ohhh that is a cool one

wait, why would I end up in jail?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #121 on: January 29, 2019, 12:55:21 PM
I'll be carrying this for my weekdays at work and yet to decide what I'll be carrying for weekends :cheers:(Image removed from quote.)

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

Nice RF. What’s that brand, can’t quite make out the logo.  :like:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

se Offline RF52

Reply #122 on: January 29, 2019, 01:41:33 PM
I'll be carrying this for my weekdays at work and yet to decide what I'll be carrying for weekends :cheers:(Image removed from quote.)

Nice RF. What’s that brand, can’t quite make out the logo.  :like:
It's a Lindbloms knivar, just a "handyman" Morakniv by a different maker. It's kind of similar to the Mora basic. I got it at work and found out it's really hard to find a place that sells that brand.

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #123 on: January 29, 2019, 01:55:58 PM
Thanks RF. I think there will be a few new makers names in the challenge.  :salute:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #124 on: January 29, 2019, 02:08:06 PM
Nice challenge Nix.   :tu:   I probably can't join but might post pics in support when I can.

:cheers:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #125 on: January 29, 2019, 02:09:39 PM
Nice one, RF!  :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #126 on: January 29, 2019, 03:56:30 PM
Nice and interesting knife RF!  :like: :tu:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #127 on: January 29, 2019, 05:52:43 PM
Thanks RF. I’ve now learnt about a new Swedish maker: http://www.lindblomsknivar.se
Some nice blades!
 :hatsoff:

se Offline RF52

Reply #128 on: January 29, 2019, 07:31:26 PM
Thanks guys!
No problem MS :cheers:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #129 on: January 29, 2019, 08:23:08 PM
I'm good to go, my none hand opening blade of choice for this challenge, just put your hand in your pocket and its there, already opened and ready for use, that's got to be a good thing  :tu:

I wont be belt carrying btw as i don't like doing that, knife will be sheathed and clipped inside leg pocket, old habits die hard  :salute:

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

se Offline RF52

Reply #130 on: January 29, 2019, 08:28:37 PM
I'm good to go, my none hand opening blade of choice for this challenge, just put your hand in your pocket and its there, already opened and ready for use, that's got to be a good thing  :tu:

I wont be belt carrying btw as i don't like doing that, knife will be sheathed and clipped inside leg pocket, old habits die hard  :salute:

(Image removed from quote.)
Nice one! Which Brusletto model is it? :like:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #131 on: January 29, 2019, 08:46:05 PM
Thanks, it was a kit knife, i cant remember what name for the blade but i got lazy and didn't quite finish the handle shaping, didn't even make a start on the sheath.... got carried away in the excitement of building it and called it finished too early :facepalm:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #132 on: January 29, 2019, 09:39:23 PM
 :like:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #133 on: January 29, 2019, 09:41:39 PM
Thanks, it was a kit knife, i cant remember what name for the blade but i got lazy and didn't quite finish the handle shaping, didn't even make a start on the sheath.... got carried away in the excitement of building it and called it finished too early :facepalm:

Sometimes I work on a handle for a little while, then put it down for a bit. Then, when I pick it up, I get some fresh impressions of anything that needs to be changed, if at all.

Even with commercial knives, I sometimes mod the handles to suit me better.

se Offline RF52

Reply #134 on: January 29, 2019, 09:43:57 PM
Cool! I made my first knife when I was 15 from a Brusletto knife blade, I made the mistake of not finishing the handle so it's way to fat for my hands :rofl:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #135 on: January 29, 2019, 10:18:38 PM
Sometimes I work on a handle for a little while, then put it down for a bit. Then, when I pick it up, I get some fresh impressions of anything that needs to be changed, if at all.

I think that's a good way to go about it, it actually feels ok to hold but i just think its too big, i will work on it over the challenge, thankfully it's fresh enough in my memory where the tang is and i can thin it down a bit :tu:

Cool! I made my first knife when I was 15 from a Brusletto knife blade, I made the mistake of not finishing the handle so it's way to fat for my hands :rofl:

:D i bet there are drawers all over the world with nearly finished kit knives in them, i actually bought this kit with the intention of making it into a folder using the spring of an old Solingen one i had, i had fantastic mental plans for it with brass liners and curly Birch handles pinned with decorative pins..but as soon as the package was on my desk i couldn't resist the urge to just put it together  :angel: my beautiful folder build can wait a bit longer

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #136 on: January 29, 2019, 10:25:02 PM

Nice piece Borg  :like:

Definitely looking forward to seeing how it holds. It's going to be great to see all the daily action!  :)

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #137 on: January 29, 2019, 10:35:24 PM
Thanks Max, it's been many years since i carried a fixed blade outside the house so i'm really looking forward to this, if nothing else the challenge will let me know if i glued it well enough  :D

se Offline RF52

Reply #138 on: January 29, 2019, 10:39:48 PM

I think that's a good way to go about it, it actually feels ok to hold but i just think its too big, i will work on it over the challenge, thankfully it's fresh enough in my memory where the tang is and i can thin it down a bit :tu:

:D i bet there are drawers all over the world with nearly finished kit knives in them, i actually bought this kit with the intention of making it into a folder using the spring of an old Solingen one i had, i had fantastic mental plans for it with brass liners and curly Birch handles pinned with decorative pins..but as soon as the package was on my desk i couldn't resist the urge to just put it together  :angel: my beautiful folder build can wait a bit longer
I think you are right :rofl:
But it's a learning curve, so the next one will be better and so on :cheers:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #139 on: January 29, 2019, 10:40:22 PM
Thanks Max, it's been many years since i carried a fixed blade outside the house so i'm really looking forward to this, if nothing else the challenge will let me know if i glued it well enough  :D

I'm in the same boat Borg. Typically an MT carry. I'm going to try my first choice for a week and if it's not working, pick something else. Certainly will be a learning curve.  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #140 on: January 29, 2019, 11:24:41 PM

I was looking that over so much, I finally realized you took the photo outside in the snow! What type of wood is that handle, it is nice!  :like: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #141 on: January 29, 2019, 11:31:42 PM
Just finished reading the rest of the reply’s - I am now even more impressed with it - a KIT knife - very nice job!  :like: :hatsoff:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #142 on: January 29, 2019, 11:38:43 PM
Thanks Ray, yep it's a kit and came with a big block of curly birch wood, i somehow managed to take the big block of birch and turn it into an even bigger block handle  :salute:  don't worry lol, it will be dealt with  :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #143 on: January 30, 2019, 01:01:39 AM
Thanks Ray, yep it's a kit and came with a big block of curly birch wood, i somehow managed to take the big block of birch and turn it into an even bigger block handle  :salute:  don't worry lol, it will be dealt with  :tu:
No worries here! Now if I was doing it, I would be needing all the help I could get here and in heaven!
Looking forward to this Challenge! I like pocket knives, but love fix blade knives way more. I have even traded my Spyderco collection to get my son and myself Randall’s at one point in time! No regrets on that one bit!  :cheers:

se Offline RF52

Reply #144 on: January 30, 2019, 09:13:36 AM
I'm going to start a couple of days early because of the Minichamp challenge in March :cheers:

Day 1:
Made some wedges for a rear axle change today as we want it to be stable when removing it.

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #145 on: January 30, 2019, 02:03:49 PM
Nice use of your blade RF. But maybe should be Day -1  :) otherwise you’re going to be out of sync with the rest of us from Friday ???

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #146 on: January 30, 2019, 02:50:05 PM
Nice use, RF!  Love to working knives working.   :tu:

Nice use of your blade RF. But maybe should be Day -1  :) otherwise you’re going to be out of sync with the rest of us from Friday ???

I don't that will be a problem. RF will just hit Day 30 two days before the rest of us do. It'll be easier for the mods if he sticks to a conventional numbering system (which is why we number the daily posts, really). But, everyone be sure to keep track of your own personal challenge day and label your posts accordingly! Don't get tricked by RF's early start!   :rofl:   :tu:

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #147 on: January 30, 2019, 03:13:07 PM
He’s actually smart ‘cause Feb is 28 days so starting early he’ll be the only one to hit 30 posts!

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #148 on: January 30, 2019, 03:25:55 PM
True....  :facepalm:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #149 on: January 30, 2019, 04:31:47 PM
True....  :facepalm:
Behring is in your backyard...what do you think of their knives...I may be sending a Randall up there to have a new handle put on it. The price on the handle is so close to their knife I’m thinking just get a new knife  :dunno:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%