Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MacGyver 2016 TV Series - Which SAK?

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: MacGyver 2016 TV Series - Which SAK?
Reply #270 on: September 29, 2017, 08:25:25 PM
I tried watching a couple of episodes of the new MacGyver and I did not care for it at all.

The original series was much better,

us Offline Tired_Yeti

MacGyver 2016 TV Series - Which SAK?
Reply #271 on: September 29, 2017, 09:16:03 PM
I'd bet he'll be using different models throughout the series. Probably the tools that get the most screen time will be red celloid tools since thats the SAK look that most people are familiar with. Craftsman would be a good choice but it's not on the market anymore so he might carry a Handyman--besides, the public associates the corkscrew with the SAK. If Victorinox puts a little money on it, they may get some product placement (like we saw in the original). If not, the show might use a generic red pocket tool with no swiss cross.

I've been rewatching the original on Hulu Plus lately. I'll be curious to see what the new one looks like. The trailer doesn't look too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:20:25 PM by Tired_Yeti »

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #272 on: September 30, 2017, 03:10:24 AM
I'd bet he'll be using different models throughout the series. Probably the tools that get the most screen time will be red celloid tools since thats the SAK look that most people are familiar with. Craftsman would be a good choice but it's not on the market anymore so he might carry a Handyman--besides, the public associates the corkscrew with the SAK. If Victorinox puts a little money on it, they may get some product placement (like we saw in the original). If not, the show might use a generic red pocket tool with no swiss cross.

I've been rewatching the original on Hulu Plus lately. I'll be curious to see what the new one looks like. The trailer doesn't look too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super surprised they brought it back for a 2nd season.  Watched the entire OG series a couple times over the past several months
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #273 on: September 30, 2017, 03:42:21 AM
Watching it now..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #274 on: October 01, 2017, 01:24:02 AM
I've seasons 1-4 and really enjoy them.  Seasons 1-2 are probably my favorites.  I don't think anyone who loves the original series is a fan of the new one.  It has a cheap, almost bogus feel to it compared to the original.
Barry

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #275 on: October 01, 2017, 02:12:05 AM
I've seasons 1-4 and really enjoy them.  Seasons 1-2 are probably my favorites.  I don't think anyone who loves the original series is a fan of the new one.  It has a cheap, almost bogus feel to it compared to the original.
+1  :cheers:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #276 on: October 01, 2017, 11:01:31 AM
+2  :cheers:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #277 on: October 01, 2017, 05:22:13 PM
OK, the majority opinion is that this series pales compared to the original. Does it have some entertainment value if you forget that it is trying to be a MacGyver reboot?

Jim

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #278 on: October 02, 2017, 08:57:14 AM
OK, the majority opinion is that this series pales compared to the original. Does it have some entertainment value if you forget that it is trying to be a MacGyver reboot?

Jim
The two are kinda hard to compare to me... loved the original when I was younger, now I cannot really stand it anymore as its so full of "bad chemistry".
The new one is worse though...
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline TonySal

• join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #279 on: March 03, 2019, 08:31:16 PM
I thought Executive? They probably use tool sets to fit the show, not the model....
join KNIFE RIGHTS

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD