Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hatchet head hung upside-down from the factory....

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Hatchet head hung upside-down from the factory....
on: February 26, 2021, 11:24:21 PM
Thought y'all would get a kick out of this, this was a store display we had screwed to the wall since roughly 2005

In 16 years no one mentioned the head is clearly hung upside-down! And poorly at that.

Not sure if true temper is still in business? They haven't posted any social media since 2019, and they aren't on anything other than FB

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Hatchet head hung upside-down from the factory....
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 11:03:59 PM
He he... one of those things in life no one ever notices. Maybe made for the Australian market?  :think:

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 02:12:21 AM
Which brings up a question I ask occasionally and nobody seems to know the correct(if there is one)answer to:
When you post a picture of a knife or a tool with an exposed knife blade,do you show it edge up or edge down?

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 04:35:34 AM
Thought y'all would get a kick out of this, this was a store display we had screwed to the wall since roughly 2005

In 16 years no one mentioned the head is clearly hung upside-down! And poorly at that.

Not sure if true temper is still in business? They haven't posted any social media since 2019, and they aren't on anything other than FB (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

I love how it says "Proven in Quality"... :rofl:

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 06:46:01 AM
It's not hung very well
Show content
:whistle:
either - look at that curl from it being jammed on rather than friction-fit.

Which brings up a question I ask occasionally and nobody seems to know the correct(if there is one)answer to:
When you post a picture of a knife or a tool with an exposed knife blade,do you show it edge up or edge down?
Edge down for me... as if you're about to stab someone with it.

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 07:39:21 AM
Love the stickers. Talk about irony..

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

by this axe I rule

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 05:42:34 PM

I generally show it edge down.  That said, I don't think one way is correct and the other wrong, unless the blade or handle has writing or a picture or design on it, in which case the knife should be shown so that writing/picture is right side up.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 08:28:47 PM
Edge down.

Probably because of my technical training where I was taught every edged tool needs to be folded in/edge down or least dangerous side down when not in use.

(Dangerous side down example: a chisel should always be placed on the work surface with it's edge touching the surface to reduce the odds of touching the cutting edge)

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 12:19:33 AM
Edge down.

Probably because of my technical training where I was taught every edged tool needs to be folded in/edge down or least dangerous side down when not in use.

(Dangerous side down example: a chisel should always be placed on the work surface with it's edge touching the surface to reduce the odds of touching the cutting edge)

That brings to mind what I was told as a youngster when eating out at a restaurant.When you are finished with your meal and wish to have the plate removed,turn your eating utensils((fork and spoon anyway)upside down in the plate to let the waiter know you want it taken.

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 09:03:24 PM
That brings to mind what I was told as a youngster when eating out at a restaurant.When you are finished with your meal and wish to have the plate removed,turn your eating utensils((fork and spoon anyway)upside down in the plate to let the waiter know you want it taken.

That's interesting, Ray.  What I was taught was in line with what Emily Post suggests here:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/advice/a26612/end-of-meal-silverware-etiquette/

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 09:27:25 AM
which was is upside down for a fork? it sits on the table with the tines pointing toward the sky, but to use it you hold it with the tines pointing toward the plate  ???

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 10:15:11 AM
The DEFAULT/START position is tines to the sky. :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 13, 2021, 05:55:31 PM
which was is upside down for a fork? it sits on the table with the tines pointing toward the sky, but to use it you hold it with the tines pointing toward the plate  ???

A valid point that I hadn't considered before. However you use it in both positions. Tines are pointed down when you are using it to hold food for cutting and turned upward when moving the food to your mouth. At least I do that.
   It is interesting to note that forks are a,"relatively modern" invention;likely from about the 17th or early 18th century.Prior to that I believe most people used two knives to cut meat and eat with one.That was if you could afford a knife or two. If not I guess you just tore it apart with your hands.
   To answer your question;I consider a fork with tines pointed down to the plate as upside down.

hr Offline styx

Reply #13 on: March 13, 2021, 06:13:57 PM
i can see this happening to someone who is starting out, but how did that pass any kind of control?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #14 on: March 13, 2021, 11:26:41 PM
Most of the time I use a fork it is in my right hand, tines up, no knife.  :D
That's because my meals are mostly mixed up veges/rice/noodles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%