Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Does anyone register their tools?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Does anyone register their tools?
on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:29 PM
I have about a hundred of these kicking around for all kinds of models- not just Leathermans, and I was wondering if anyone actually fills them out and sends them in?

Def
scan0011a.JPG
* scan0011a.JPG (Filesize: 94.19 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Does anyone register their tools?
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:44:28 PM
Part of me can't be bothered, but I usually register most other things with the manufacturers in case there is a problem.  I know if they go to the effort of putting these out, there is a reason, but for some reason I never have.

Def
scan0001a.JPG
* scan0001a.JPG (Filesize: 93.99 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 01:45:22 PM
I see you can do it online as well, but if anyone needs a copy of this that they can print out and send in, let me know- I'll be happy to e-mail you the full sized, readable copy...

Def

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 04:27:00 PM
I think the only one's I usually register are the Buck Knives... mainly because I can do it online.

My biggest problem with it is everytime I register something I have to fill out the interest survey.  They should make it so returning customers don't have to do that.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline joebw

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 06:34:21 PM
Hello,

I don't register as the real purpose of these forms is to generate data about the customer.  Note the age, income, degree of afluence questions and the like.  I'd be surprised if your registration is even kept after the data mining takes place.

Joe

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 01:24:29 AM
I have never rg. any of the leathermans I have bought, and have only sent one in anyway that was broken by me. They replaced it without the card and were cool even when I informed them it was gross abuse that broke it.
S

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 03:13:22 AM
As long as you know where it's going. Could be processed at a prison somewhere and sold to telemarketers. Not all of them are, but some are. Hey, I'm just sayin'. :)

mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

Offline Alpha Niner Niner Smith

Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 02:56:01 AM
When I issue them the boxes and instructions are long gone. If someone can't use them without instructions they shouldn't be under my command
O

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 03:48:20 AM
Kinda ironic...the most recent Leatherman I bought didn't include ANY paperwork with it at all. The instructions were printed on the backside of the cardboard packaging. No survey sheet or registration to be found.

(Better save that old paperwork you have, it could be worth a lot of money someday!)  ::)
7.jpg
* 7.jpg (Filesize: 95.1 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 01:47:15 PM
Interesting- I wonder if that's the way they are all going?  My Hybrid didn't come with any of that stuff either.

So what did you get?  The TTi?

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 01:55:45 PM
Nope, I got a Charge ALX. The girls bought me a gift certificate from the sporting goods store for Christmas. It's been burning a hole in my pocket ever since. But not any more!  8)

I'm still fiddling around with the new Charge. I'll let you guys know what I think of it shortly.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 02:43:57 PM
I still haven't even got one of the old Charge models... I guess I better hurry up before they disappear.

Def

Offline Toolcacher

Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 03:17:44 PM
I register most stuff I buy online. Don't know if there's any benefit or not but I guess it can't hurt.

us Offline Splat

Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 07:51:48 PM
I never register anything. Don't have to to get the warranty honored so why bother? I've got other things to waste time on. :)
Splat

us Offline specgrade

Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 07:21:52 PM
 Nah, I don't need anymore junk mail. Besides, why the need to know personal info just to tell them "hey I got one of yer muti-tools"?

sk Offline Jaroslav

Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 04:00:36 PM
I have registered mine new LM yesterday, ::) :D :D

My LM CHarge XTi came directly from EDCdepot. I am really pleasently surprised by different approach of LM in building multitools compared with Vic (Spirit). Charge XTi is looking more "ready for job and action" than Vic, which is shiny, nicely polished but it does not have dose of "animalism". It is just first impression influenced with fact that LM Gharge XTi is new in my collection. Now I will swap multitools in EDC and I will share my observations with you folks.

J.

Offline geoemt

Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 05:00:19 PM
When you use the LM's website to register a tool they enter you in a monthly drawing for a LM prize package, do you have an idea about what this prize package is? (maybe more tools :laugh:)

Guillermo
<

us Offline Splat

Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 06:41:20 PM
A SOG Power Assist!  DOH!!  :P :D
Splat

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00