Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bőker Mini Bar Pocket Tool

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
Bőker Mini Bar Pocket Tool
on: February 06, 2019, 06:16:51 PM
Here I present the Bőker Mini Bar Pocket Tool. 2oz weight, 4mm 440C stainless steel, designed by Jim Burke. Simple design with bottle opener, screwdriver, hex-bit and a small pry tool (claw lever and flat). Total length is 4.5in, stone-washed finish and sturdy pocket clip. Manufactured by Bőker in Solingen, Germany.

I've just got this in so not a chance to carry yet. I expect the pointy claw lever may get caught on things, but we'll see in practice.  :dunno:
IMG_2398.jpg
* IMG_2398.jpg (Filesize: 86.24 KB)
IMG_2399.jpg
* IMG_2399.jpg (Filesize: 103.54 KB)
IMG_2400.jpg
* IMG_2400.jpg (Filesize: 114.4 KB)
IMG_2402.jpg
* IMG_2402.jpg (Filesize: 101.78 KB)
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Bőker Mini Bar Pocket Tool
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:50:44 PM
Hmm.. I sorta always thought this tool was bent (and I still get that impression from your top view images), only the last one tells me it is actually flat... I duped myself for so long :ahhh

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts... and yes, the pointy beak concerns me too.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

se Offline RF52

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 08:58:36 PM
It looks nice and handy, but I think the pointy end might poke a hole in your pocket.

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:16:27 PM
I'll try tomorrow to carry in my left pocket, beak backwards (I'm a lefty), and let you know. :dunno:

The beak would be handy to get good pry leverage, so I can see why it's part of the design...
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 06:19:47 AM
Looks fairly well thought out for a one piece pry tool. Thanks for posting about it! :like:

I'm also looking forward to reading your experience with it. If it does cause pocket issues, maybe over-polish the sharpened end some more?  :think:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 08:58:11 AM
Feels like it's gonna pierce one's pocket, that pointy tip. How's your experience carrying it?

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 03:04:39 PM
So I carried all day. In my left pocket with pointy end backwards. Never caught on anything and I effectively forgot about it as it’s so flat and only 2oz. Clip can be switched to other side so not just for lefties.  :tu:

I carry my iPhone in my left pocket and it did not cause any problems. This is my work (office) clothing. I’ll switch to jeans tomorrow and give a little more feedback. But so far I’m very happy with the carry-ability. Remember that although the lever point looks sharp, the tool is 4mm thick and the tip has a smooth radius.  :)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 03:50:29 PM
Nice it didn't cause any problems.  I seems the pocket clip could have been higher up  :dunno: ?  Neat design and the beak certainly looks to be a good pry design. 
Esse Quam Videri

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 04:01:30 PM
I think Jim Burke either wanted to avoid interference with the pry area, and/or he did not want to upset the aesthetics of the ‘beak head’ design. Some people remove the clip and carry on a lanyard/key-ring. At least there are a few carry options.

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 10:47:17 PM
Carried in my jeans today. No problem with the ‘beak’ and the tool is small and light enough to disappear. :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%