Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Improvements to popular Tools: A Good Thing!

il Offline israelpiper

Improvements to popular Tools: A Good Thing!
on: February 12, 2019, 06:59:25 AM
Two distinct improvements in popular tools. The Skeletool CX is not new of course, but new to my collection. I have the 420HC multi-blade model, and like it well-enough. The size and weight and the few basic tools were great for me.  The CX model with blade steel upgrade is just that much better. Love the sturdy, thick blade.

The Victorinox Work Champ (and the entire 111mm line) have all been modified to the liner lock. (I have the side lock model.) The large flathead and the blade are both locking. All I could wish for is an in-line awl, like the one on the Pioneer. Instead of the can opener perhaps, since most cans are pull-tabbed. Regardless, for me a truly great classic, with a perfect grip heft. Some might find the extra 20gm weight difference in the liner lock model a "deal breaker," to which I can only furrow my brow.  A number of Victorinox and Leatherman sheaths are a good fit for the Champ.

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Re: Improvements to popular Tools: A Good Thing!
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:09:08 PM
This is always something I like to see instead of designing new tools is improving old ones :tu:

Talking to you, Leatherman  :pok:  :D

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:30:56 PM
Always good to see a brand invest time and money into improving an existing product. If generally drives more loyalty with existing customers, creating a better, often safer, product.  :tu:

It is true that all products eventually reach a point where it's either no longer possible to improve, some new design or technology supersedes it, or the customer/market evolves beyond the original need.

Lets hope our dear friends in Portland keep some of their R&D budget for improving existing products, and not invest it all into Free. :dunno:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 12:15:36 AM
Good post , I too like to see old , proven models improved . Innovate , but keep the good older models .

Best Regards,

Chris

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 02:02:38 AM
Always good to see a brand invest time and money into improving an existing product. If generally drives more loyalty with existing customers, creating a better, often safer, product.  :tu:

It is true that all products eventually reach a point where it's either no longer possible to improve, some new design or technology supersedes it, or the customer/market evolves beyond the original need.

Lets hope our dear friends in Portland keep some of their R&D budget for improving existing products, and not invest it all into Free. :dunno:

Lots of good points there :tu:  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD