Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

collecting cheapos

us Offline rescue4500

collecting cheapos
on: February 19, 2019, 05:47:40 PM
do many people collect the economic multitools, ive got a few and they just seem in the way, thought about even trying to get rid of some, didnt know if many people did collect them, the only ones im ever interested in is the pst clones for some reason
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: collecting cheapos
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 07:09:24 PM
There are only a few of us on MT.o who buy the cheap & cheerful stuff. But, at this point, the C & C tools have to be special or very rare. The garden variety cheapo tools don't really sell well.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 07:37:57 PM
i dont sell tools, i figured i could trade a lot of them for maybe a SAK or something like that just a thought, back when i first started collecting it was anything and everything now its just leathermans, and any sak i think is cool, and of course original pst clones like the coghlans campers tool, the ones that are the same size as the pst
If you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. -Unknown Author

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 08:22:35 PM
i dont sell tools, i figured i could trade a lot of them for maybe a SAK or something like that just a thought, back when i first started collecting it was anything and everything now its just leathermans, and any sak i think is cool, and of course original pst clones like the coghlans campers tool, the ones that are the same size as the pst
Cool.  :cheers:
I have a hard time selling stuff as well. :ahhh

I don't think it would hurt to post in the trade forum with pictures of the tools you want to trade and what you want to trade for. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 09:47:10 PM
an excellent idea, glad you thought of it  :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 10:13:03 PM
 :cheers:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 03:54:51 PM
   Pretty much all I bought last year were cheapos and off brand name tools!  :D  Some of them were really nice multitools. If I get a chance, I will post a photo of some of them this eve!

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 04:24:07 PM
the only one ive even been remotely interested in is the ozark trail 17-in-1 multi tool for 10 bucks at walmart, but ive learned to save my money and not buy the cheapo's so i can maybe find a good deal on a decent tool at flea markets, yard sales, and pawn shops etc.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 08:19:34 PM
the only one ive even been remotely interested in is the ozark trail 17-in-1 multi tool for 10 bucks at walmart, but ive learned to save my money and not buy the cheapo's so i can maybe find a good deal on a decent tool at flea markets, yard sales, and pawn shops etc.

I have that one. When you consider it has all locking tools and the blades came sharp out of the box, it is a pretty impressive tool for $10.00.

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 08:39:19 PM

I have that one. When you consider it has all locking tools and the blades came sharp out of the box, it is a pretty impressive tool for $10.00.

good to know may have to try it out

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 08:22:58 PM
I like 'em!!  :multi:
so many concepts unexplored by the big 4 companies   :dunno:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 09:19:09 PM
I like 'em!!  :multi:
so many concepts unexplored by the big 4 companies   :dunno:

(Image removed from quote.)
:like:
Yeah man. The Boxtree is an awesome tool. :)

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 03:12:02 PM
Cool.  :cheers:
I have a hard time selling stuff as well. :ahhh

I don't think it would hurt to post in the trade forum with pictures of the tools you want to trade and what you want to trade for. :)

i ended up gifting the tools to my neighbors grandson who collects knives, told him he need a few multitools to add to the collection, he was so happy,

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 03:23:44 PM
 :tu: good way to get a youngin excited about MTs.  What I've found over the years is its better for me not to buy CnC and save that money for the "higher end" tool, like a Leatherman or SAK.  I ended up buying a couple CnC that worked well but once I got my first Wave I realized what I had been missing. 

I gifted the CnC to some guys who I believe still use them today. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 03:48:30 PM
Good work, Rescue ans Aloha! :salute:

Rescue,
I know when I was a kid, something like that would be the coolest thing ever. :tu:

us Offline rescue4500

Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 05:07:35 PM
Good work, Rescue ans Aloha! :salute:

Rescue,
I know when I was a kid, something like that would be the coolest thing ever. :tu:

he was very excited, couldnt wait to go to the woods and try them out

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 07:22:00 PM
 :cheers:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 04:39:32 AM
i ended up gifting the tools to my neighbors grandson who collects knives, told him he need a few multitools to add to the collection, he was so happy,

Nice!  :tu: :salute:
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 05:41:09 AM

That's poison!!  :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD