Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sanrenmu Multi Tools (lots of interesting ideas)

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Re: Sanrenmu Multi Tools (lots of interesting ideas)
Reply #30 on: February 23, 2019, 11:03:55 PM
really curious about the tool as well.

MODS! can we change the title of this thread? How about Unusual Multitool Discoveries! Or something to that effect. There are just so many obscure multi-tools that no one really sees unless we talk about them somewhere that is visually present (like in the general discussion forum).

Cheers,
HG

edit: the tool with the wrench is called the splitman G57 just thought I'd mention.

found here: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Pocket-Multi-Tool-Folding-Plier-Combinational-Wrench-Multifunctional-Adjustable-Spanner-Plier-Screwdriver-Camping-Riding-EDC-Kit/2096039_32838400675.html?spm=a2g1y.12024536.productList_3829952.pic_5
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 11:39:34 PM by Happy Gilmore »

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #32 on: February 24, 2019, 07:49:42 AM

MODS! can we change the title of this thread? How about Unusual Multitool Discoveries! Or something to that effect. There are just so many obscure multi-tools that no one really sees unless we talk about them somewhere that is visually present (like in the general discussion forum).

Cheers,
HG

edit: the tool with the wrench is called the splitman G57 just thought I'd mention.

found here: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Pocket-Multi-Tool-Folding-Plier-Combinational-Wrench-Multifunctional-Adjustable-Spanner-Plier-Screwdriver-Camping-Riding-EDC-Kit/2096039_32838400675.html?spm=a2g1y.12024536.productList_3829952.pic_5
Actually, the Cheap and Cheerful section has tons of really cool tools like these and is on the main forum page. Another member posted a thread about that tool you linked to. He and I bought ours under the brand "BoxTree" on Amazon, but there are several more brands applied to it.  :)

Edit:
Thread here. https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,78172.0.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 07:52:15 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 02:49:28 PM
really nice! much more compact than I thought, I want I want. What you think of it?
hows that to use peacent? is the quality any good?

well, it's good. The steel quality is definitely low, as in the "Jeep/Piranha" multiutool, or most off-brand Chinese multis, when you hold it in hand and use it and apply pressure you notice that it' no SOG or Leatherman in strength and toughness, but it won't break apart either.

For normal tasks and jobs the plier are strong enough, the wrench (adjustable) is decent and medium duty
I like:
the drivers, easy to use, swap and held strongly and securely.  :) Having a bit driver is always a plus, and you can extend the handle for great reach and torque. The blade came sharp and I haven't dulled it yet, but I've used it very little. :think:  It opens easily and has a strong detent holding it open. Spring loaded pliers reminds me of my Wingman, and the tool is heavy indeed but very, very compact and lends itself to easy carry due to the profile  :multi:

I dislike:
The file is puny, not aggressive at all, and can't see myself using it much due to coarseness and size  :dunno:
The "skeletonising" holes take away weight but get filled of dust and lint on mine, but it depends on how you carry. The adjustable wrench can open unavertedly and I imagine that the adjusting rotating piece could get lost, like it did on my Piranha MT... :facepalm:

On the topic of this tool and cheap tools, I recommend this recent video from WeAllJuggleKnives. This tool appears at 17:53  :tu:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%