Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

QSP Canary

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
QSP Canary
on: March 29, 2024, 04:57:52 PM

QSP has made a few fixed blades over the years, with the Canary being a recent popular addition. The company turned this fixed blade into a folder with slightly different dimensions, nine color combinations, and a price tag under $50. This knife is sure to fit your style and wallet.

The Canary folder measures 6.58 inches overall, 3.74 inches closed, and has a blade length of 2.84 inches. While I don't own either fixed blade version (standard fixed or neck knife), I appreciate that the folder retains the same styling.

The handles have a unique perforated design that reveals the steel liner beneath. A cross-bar lock with perforations visible through both sides would have been an interesting design choice. My neon handle is eye-catching but not overly so, and it's comfortable to hold without any pressure points. The jimping on the liner is strategically placed, and the QSP logo complements the perforated look.

The clip-point blade is made from 14C28N steel and has a full flat grind, making it a great slicer. It performed exceptionally well during daily tasks, eliminating the need for a larger knife. The steel held an edge well and didn't require frequent touch-ups. Deployment is smooth with perfect thumb stud placement. I love the black stonewash finish on the blade; it's durable and shows no signs of wear after months of use.

QSP lives up to its motto of Quality, Selection, and Price. Similar to the Penguin folder, the Canary offers a fantastic everyday carry option at an unbeatable price. It's not too small for everyday tasks and delivers the performance you expect from QSP. With nine color options, there's a Canary to suit everyone's taste.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: QSP Canary
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 06:03:17 PM
I like it.  It looks about perfect for EDC.   And the price is right - $45 shipped on Amazon Prime U.S.   :tu:

Just for something really different, I like the pink with stonewashed blade.   :dunno:   :cheers:

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Re: QSP Canary
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 06:16:34 PM
There's a lot of great options available. Plus that price versus materials thing makes it a perfect pickup for those looking for a new knife.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD