Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Oregon Police and Benchmade

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Oregon Police and Benchmade
Reply #30 on: February 21, 2019, 09:06:57 PM
I just need to figure out my first Benchmade to purchase next week.  :pok: :D
Good call, good chance you will find a ton of them on ebay.
Might not be a bad idea for some of us to buy them up at the flooded prices and resell later when the storm blows over.  :think:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: February 21, 2019, 09:26:09 PM
I love the idea that a person might think they can protect their second amendment rights by selling off the best knives in their collection.   :rofl:

Priceless......  :rofl:

'Murica!

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: February 21, 2019, 09:30:18 PM

I don't know if this is good advice or bad advice, but I'll recommend the 940. Simple, and one of the best EDC knife designs ever, in my opinion. But it would also make a great little backpacking knife or fishing knife.

The reason it could be bad advice is that I found after owning a 940 for a while, I needed to try some others......like the Griptilian. Oh, my, what a great knife!  :facepalm:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: February 21, 2019, 09:59:47 PM
I love the idea that a person might think they can protect their second amendment rights by selling off the best knives in their collection.   :rofl:

Priceless......  :rofl:

'Murica!
I am thrilled you also see the irony of it all. I've always found an objective outlook to be enlightening and a subjective outlook to lead to a circular void of ignorance.

I don't know if this is good advice or bad advice, but I'll recommend the 940. Simple, and one of the best EDC knife designs ever, in my opinion. But it would also make a great little backpacking knife or fishing knife.

The reason it could be bad advice is that I found after owning a 940 for a while, I needed to try some others......like the Griptilian. Oh, my, what a great knife!  :facepalm:
Thank you for the suggestion, Nix! :cheers:
I've been pondering getting into some nicer blades like Benchmade and US Spyderco. I'll have to save up a few weeks or so, but am definitely interested in raising my knife collection bar up a bit. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 06:42:22 PM
 :oops:.  Whats interesting is those who own BM knives and claim they didn't know the peripheral information about BM are now complaining very loudly  :oops:.  Embarrassed  :dunno:.   There seems to be those who are "uncovering" information all of a sudden.  What the heck  :think:?  If you are that passionate I would think this information would've be know to you?

Am I missing something?  The things I am passionate about I make sure to not buy from companies that are against. 

Ok so you buy without checking on a company, fine fine, ok  :oops:.    Well this is a bigger flop by BM than first thought by me.  Dang < shakes head >, I really wonder how many BM knife owners ( who are upset ) are actually gonna get rid of their knives  :whistle:.
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: February 22, 2019, 07:03:26 PM
Aloha,

Looking at eBay, it would appear most people are just letting off steam, and holding onto their Benchmades. Hopefully that will remain the case, as a lot of people's jobs could be lost if most people, who complain, actually walked the walk.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: February 22, 2019, 07:10:48 PM
Aloha,

Looking at eBay, it would appear most people are just letting off steam, and holding onto their Benchmades. Hopefully that will remain the case, as a lot of people's jobs could be lost if most people, who complain, actually walked the walk.

Kinda my, not so subtle point  :D.  At least I think so.  There are those who are very passionate and unwavering.  Then there are those who are just easily riled up.  The former are probably gonna let their BMs go  :dunno:.  The latter are most certainly not  :rofl:

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #37 on: February 22, 2019, 08:49:06 PM
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: February 23, 2019, 03:56:50 AM
Many good points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLYNIYTmaA

Thanks for posting Jeff's video. I always enjoy his logical musing on these topics. Not that I agree with him on everything, but I commend him for not propagating the hate that permeates so many knife and gun channels.

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: February 26, 2019, 08:58:36 AM
Literally....not my circus, and not my monkeys  :cheers:

Watched Jeff's follow-up video last night, not like I didn't know if, but man is that one very sick circus.......

Benchmade? Bunch of America guys & gals making and selling knives, much better class of people than Wallstreet types or social media stars  :cheers:

......and they know how to heat treat S30V  8)
 :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: February 26, 2019, 09:31:09 AM
Indeed. It is crazy. The "with me or against me" mentality is an epidemic in the US.  :facepalm:

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #41 on: February 26, 2019, 09:39:17 AM
Indeed. It is crazy. The "with me or against me" mentality is an epidemic in the US.  :facepalm:

Not just in the US  :bnghd:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: February 26, 2019, 09:55:43 AM
Indeed. Seems to have become very wide-spread. Unfortunately, herd mentality is usually chronic and highly contagious. A very pronounced type of intellectual-laziness.

Why learn to understand different things, when I can learn nothing, and hate people who I don't understand?

Sadly, herd mentality leaves people highly susceptible to narcissists and sociopaths, who use that to gain absolute power over the herd. 

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: February 26, 2019, 10:22:21 AM

Indeed

Same here, only I could end up in jail for using that saying  :ahhh

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #44 on: February 26, 2019, 02:59:09 PM
@gerleatherberman  :tu:.  You aint kidding.  What bothers me is, those donations made by BM have been made for what seems like a while.  Now background checking into other "offenders" seems to be happening.  The comments on the video response by Les were brutal.

Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: February 26, 2019, 05:14:26 PM
 :iagree: :cheers:

And in the time being, thousands of people just like us(who aren't concerned with our employer's political affiliations) are worrying about their future job security and how to feed their families if the companies downsize. I keep saying when I can, the company owners aren't going to go broke just because a lot of people stop buying the product. They have off-shore bank accounts and assets to keep them wealthy. The only ones that suffer are the employees who might get fired during downsizing and the consumers(as we will lose yet more USA made products over politics).
It is funny that those guys are so heated about this, as a lot of them are switching to Chinese made knives, because the companies don't donate to Democrats. I hate to be the one breaking this to those guys, but the Chinese are far more anti-gun than any US company. :facepalm:

Anyway. Sorry for the rant.  :ahhh
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 05:15:56 PM by gerleatherberman »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 02:16:15 PM
Aren't the Democrats more along the line of 'pro gun control' than 'anti gun' ?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #47 on: February 27, 2019, 03:21:47 PM
Aren't the Democrats more along the line of 'pro gun control' than 'anti gun' ?
Indeed. But, as with many other things, the entire issue has become extremely black & white. It takes a lot more effort, to understand the nuances of an issue, than it takes to lump people together. The same can be said with Democrats talking about pro-gun advocates. Not every pro-gun person thinks everyone, especially criminals, should have access to guns.

In truth, the reality is somewhere between the extremes of the two ideologies.

Most pro-gun advocates don't think everyone should be walking around with firearms. Most pro-control advocates don't  think guns should be taken away from responsible owners. There are some minor exceptions(like unlimited firearm access advocates and anti-gun advocate).  If people, who disagree, would stop pushing moderate viewpoints into the fringes, we'd be able to work through all of it. As I said before, intellectual laziness is rampant regarding firearms in the US. :ahhh

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #48 on: February 27, 2019, 03:29:33 PM
Indeed. But, as with many other things, the entire issue has become extremely black & white. It takes a lot more effort, to understand the nuances of an issue, than it takes to lump people together. The same can be said with Democrats talking about pro-gun advocates. Not every pro-gun person thinks everyone, especially criminals, should have access to guns.

In truth, the reality is somewhere between the extremes of the two ideologies.

Most pro-gun advocates don't think everyone should be walking around with firearms. Most pro-control advocates don't  think guns should be taken away from responsible owners. There are some minor exceptions(like unlimited firearm access advocates and anti-gun advocate).  If people, who disagree, would stop pushing moderate viewpoints into the fringes, we'd be able to work through all of it. As I said before, intellectual laziness is rampant regarding firearms in the US. :ahhh
:tu: Thanks for your thoughtful response GLBM  :salute: As usual, the answer lies somewhere in the grey  :D
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: February 27, 2019, 03:32:06 PM
 :cheers:

us Offline gregpost

Reply #50 on: March 15, 2019, 02:43:06 PM
Never considered Benchmade because I'm not a fan of folders in general but now I might. This is as silly as the Leatherman controversy a few years back.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #51 on: March 16, 2019, 02:12:29 AM
   I do not like politics or politicians, so I will not comment on any of that. Maybe I am missing something, but wouldn't a hammer or a screwdriver be a better tool to disassemble or destroy a gun?   :think: ???

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #52 on: March 16, 2019, 06:43:16 PM
Me either Mike, and I agree!
Barry

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #53 on: March 16, 2019, 10:26:21 PM
I was thinking the most effective method would entail tossing the metal in an industrial smelting pot after removing the non-steel parts. Grinders seem inefficient. Oh. And, no cameras during recycling in the smelter.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%