Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vale - Vic Classic

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Vale - Vic Classic
on: February 23, 2019, 02:35:45 AM
I was originally going to just make this a post in the BS thread in the breakroom, or resurrect a random Vic Classic thread and tack it on there, but then I thought that this deserved a thread of it's own, an honorable record to be kept for perpetuity.

My Vic Classic broke* this morning. at 11:46 AM

Lots of things break, I break multis and knifes and other tools all the time, I break sunnies, I break tables, I break cars and bikes. All it really imposes is something somewhere on the expense/inconvenience scale and we move on.

This particular item, is one of the oldest things I own in my house (not the oldest thing, but the thing I have owned the longest) (The only contender I can think of is a few lego sets)

It was given to me as gift (probably a birthday?) near or near enough to 20 years ago (I don't recall the exact year). It has been all around the world with me, on all sorts of adventures.

For years I bore a scar on my finger from when this particular knife folded on me (I was but a wee lad, and clumsy in the ways of physics, I was trying to use the blade to punch a hole in a paper mache balloon. The result was a hilarious amount of blood, and a valuable lesson.)

It is not particularly onerous to replace, but for two decades of service - I salute you  :hatsoff:

*For you morbid pricks who would poke the dead - It sheared across the thin bit of the scissors on the arm that goes into the body of the knife. A close inspection shows a tiny spot of rust in the metal. Evidently it was enough to create a weak/stress point, and the force of cutting my fingernails was much for the new and (not) improved structure.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Vale - Vic Classic
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 04:04:09 AM
Maybe just remove the scales and install them onto an older Classic?

That is the closest thing I can think of to maintain some of the sentimental nature. I don't know if Vic would bother repairing a classic if you sent it back though.  :think:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%