Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Forum member JP - negative feedback - now corrected

ca Offline jcs0001

Forum member JP - negative feedback - now corrected
on: February 24, 2019, 03:10:23 AM
I have never given negative feedback online.  However I cannot get in touch with this forum member and am reluctant to let it go without warning other forum members.  The following describes the situation:

On the 1st of January 2019 JP advertised in this thread

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,80178.0.html

that he/she was looking for a whisperlite or other camping stove.  I had a older whisperlite stove that I was not using and decided to give it to JP free of charge but asking that the shipping be paid.   Note that I did not include the fuel bottle as I needed it.  This was mentioned in the thread.

On the 7th of January 2019, I posted several photos of the stove and accessories and estimated the shipping at about $15.00.  Unfortunately this was quite a low estimate and the final cost was $25.44.  I shipped the stove to JP’s address in Ontario on the 19th of January 2019 and notified JP that due to my low estimate I was asking for $15 for the shipping.

On the 27th of January 2019, he replied that he would like to pay the full shipping and I sent him the amount and a photo of the shipping invoice again mentioning that he could pay the $15 or the full amount – his option.

The tracking number indicates that the parcel was delivered on the 29th of January 2019.

On the 9th of February and again on the 17th of February I asked (in the above noted thread) that he check his PM’s.  There has been no answer.

I have received no payment for the shipping and so far have not been able to get in touch with JP, since his last PM on the 27th of January 2019.

Fortunately I am not greatly inconvenienced (other than my time and the shipping charges), by this situation however I believe that other forum members may wish to consider this situation before completing any transactions with JP.  I have his full address and name if need be.

Thank you,

John.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:12:02 AM by enki_ck »

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Re: Forum member JP - negative feedback
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 03:22:26 AM
here is hoping for a rational explanation (like out of town) and a quick resolution.
If I can help, let me know 

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:08:54 AM
Not fun... not fun at all.

I hope JP gets in touch with you soon, because this is not the way we roll on MTO...

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 02:03:08 PM
Not fun... not fun at all.

I hope JP gets in touch with you soon, because this is not the way we roll on MTO...
:iagree:
here is hoping for a rational explanation (like out of town) and a quick resolution.
:iagree:

:hug:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 03:42:53 PM
I'm sure you two will get it resolved.  Life happens fast for us all sometimes.  Like Detron says ( Hi Detron ) could be out of town, etc etc.   :dunno:

Esse Quam Videri

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 06:00:32 PM
Looks like JP hasn't been on MTo for a while, maybe something else is going on in his life.

Last Active: February 15, 2019, 04:43:02 PM
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 07:55:06 PM
I really hope you get this sorted out quickly, with the best possible outcome, and that all was an unfortunate delay/misunderstanding,  :tu:
the community here is especially trustworthy and in general good people,  :) even though I, like you, had never posted a "bad" feedback in my 50+ online transactions until I had a negative one in this forum,  :dunno:

but I am confident that this is more the exception than the rule and you shouldn't worry much, give it time, and hopefully it'll resolve itself in the end.  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 08:54:09 PM
Unless someone is unconscious in the hospital or deceased, he can find one minute to send an email.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 09:08:48 AM
Actually i just notice that the number of nuts indicating the activity level of members are now removed. I believe there are good reason why it was changed. But in instance like this in future, I think it can be difficult to judge a member..

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 09:17:08 AM
Actually i just notice that the number of nuts indicating the activity level of members are now removed. I believe there are good reason why it was changed. But in instance like this in future, I think it can be difficult to judge a member..

Nuts are visible on two of the forum themes.
On the third theme you click their avatar to see a post count.
Nuts simply represent a post count range.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 11:18:22 AM
I thought I went in to check and didn't see it..  :facepalm:

But then again.. With the nuts out there, it may serve to help people like me .. To be more careful..  :salute: :salute:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 01:46:20 PM
Nuts are back (for Chrome)  :D
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 12:14:12 PM
Nuts are back (for Chrome)  :D

I notice that too! We are nuts about nuts!  :woohoo:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 04:36:11 PM
Just an update on this thread.  I have received no further contact (or payment for that matter) from JP.  I've written this off as a bad experience and will only update the thread if I receive word from JP or receive payment.

I have JP's name and address if anyone needs it.

John.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: April 01, 2019, 04:46:09 PM
Sad. Very sad...

ca Offline jcs0001

Re: Forum member JP - negative feedback - now corrected
Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 06:29:51 PM
Good News.  This morning I found an email from Paypal indicating that JP had forwarded the shipping cost ($25.44) to my paypal account.  It appears from the message he left that it was an oversight and not deliberate.  I checked paypal and it has been transferred to my account.

I am very happy to report this.

Thanks again,

John.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 06:32:44 PM
Great to hear that you have had a payment from JP :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 06:34:00 PM
Would it be possible for one of the moderators to change the title of this thread to:

I would like to be fair to JP but retain the info in the thread in case anyone else requires it.

Thanks,

John.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 06:36:05 PM
If it took 3.5 months to get satisfaction, that's way too long.  Negative feedback is warranted if those are the facts.

If not, then never mind.   :cheers:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 11:46:19 PM
Power noodle  - My tablet wants to AutoCorrect your name sorry about that. :D

The facts are stated in this thread and nothing has changed other than a very late payment. I would like to keep this thread but feel that changing the title to “negative feedback corrected” or perhaps “negative feedback eventually corrected” will alert other members if they deal with JP and yet be fair to him In that he did eventually pay.  I’m fairly neutral on a title change although I would like to see the thread remain as a heads up for other people on the forum.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received and certainly it’s up to the moderators at the end of the day.

Thanks for taking a look at this and commenting, John

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 12:14:00 AM
Typically threads here stay put and mods stay out of trade forum gaff.
If JP has an issue with the title then he is welcome to bring it up with a moderator via PM.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 06:43:18 AM
Glad you got this resolved.  Unfortunate circumstances but its resolved and thats what matters IMO.  Onward and forward. 

:salute:
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24