Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A New and Refreshing Multitool with Mysterious Origins...

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Re: A New and Refreshing Multitool with Mysterious Origins...
Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 12:22:40 AM
It came as part of a t-handle ratcheting driver.
This is branded "Craftright" which is a cheap brand Bunnings has. I've also seen it branded as 'ingco' and it can probably be found under other names.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:43:40 AM by ReamerPunch »

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 02:39:45 AM
This is branded "Craftright" which is a cheap brand Bunnings has. I've also seen it branded as 'ingco' and is probably can be found under other names.

(Image removed from quote.)

I have one too. Can't recall the brand, but it's red and black. Came in virtually the same case. Albeit, mine came assembled with the extension inside. Didn't know until years later that it even did that.

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 01:30:27 PM
I think I found one on Amazon, for 9.99

I might just buy one of these first to see if they work, if so it turns the tool into a 1/4 inch driver which would be perfect.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 01:44:34 PM
 :cheers:
Identical to mine minus the color scheme. 
I love it when a plan comes together. :like:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #34 on: March 10, 2019, 06:46:41 PM
   I was going through some of my MT collection the past two days, and I actually have a tool that is very similar to this one. The sides or scales are almost the same, the four main tools are almost the same also. My blade is partially serrated and the bottom of mine has a glass breaker instead of a "hammer". Mine has no scissors, but has the rope cutter tool. I got it off Amazon, and it looks a lot like this one.....https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MJVZWYS/ref=sspa_dk_detail_6?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07MJVZWYS

gb Offline kingofswords

Reply #35 on: March 20, 2019, 03:03:36 PM
Got mine this morning, bit big init?
Great for the money though.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #36 on: March 29, 2019, 03:17:37 PM
  Looks like this is now on Amazon under the brand name DPNAO. It is $40.00, which I think is a tad bit high considering it is an unknown brand. How about it OP, would you have paid $40.00 for this thing!!?   :popcorn: :dunno:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #37 on: March 29, 2019, 06:23:36 PM
The temptation was too great! I will have it Sunday!!  :climber: :gimme: :like: :drool: :mail:

us Offline BauerMobileToolSystems

• My JerryRig tips: www.facebook.com/BauerCustom
Reply #38 on: March 29, 2019, 08:02:57 PM
The temptation was too great! I will have it Sunday!!  :climber: :gimme: :like: :drool: :mail:
Sweet! Would love to see a review from you guys that bought it

Offline mikekoz

Reply #39 on: March 30, 2019, 12:53:16 AM
This is branded "Craftright" which is a cheap brand Bunnings has. I've also seen it branded as 'ingco' and it can probably be found under other names.

(Image removed from quote.)

You can get a set just like this at Walmart under the Hypertough brand. I have a set and the only difference is my driver and case are green!

Offline mikekoz

Reply #40 on: April 01, 2019, 12:18:05 AM
 I received mine today! This cannot really be called a review , but more of a first impression. First of all, it is a large and heavy multitool, which I like! It gives a feeling of confidence in hand where it will not fall apart easily. The steel and finish of the tool both seem excellent. All of the tools lock except the scissors and the belt cutter. I also love the tool layout and selection the manufacturer put into it. The main blade and saw were both really sharp right out of the box also. It has pretty much all things I look for in one of these things! I have the bit adapter a few others are mentioning in this thread, but it does not fit very tight, falls out easily, and wobbles. I am not sure if it would hold up very well if a lot of pressure was put on it while turning a screw or a bolt. The four outer tools are a bit difficult to open but would probably loosen up with a good oiling and use. All in all I am happy with my purchase!  :salute: :cheers: :like:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 01:17:07 AM by mikekoz »

Reply #41 on: April 01, 2019, 12:44:30 AM
I received mine today! This cannot really be called a review , but more of a first impression. First of all, it is a large and heavy multitool, which I like! It gives a feeling of confidence in hand where it will not fall apart easily. The steel and finish of the tool both seem excellent. All of the tools lock except the scissors and the belt cutter. I also love the tool layout and selection the manufacturer put into it. It has pretty much all things I look for in one of these things! I have the bit adapter a few others are mentioning in this thread, but it does not fit very tight, falls out easily, and wobbles. I am not sure if it would hold up very well if a lot of pressure was put on it while turning a screw or a bolt. The four outer tools are a bit difficult to open but would probably loosen up with a good oiling and use. All in all I am happy with my purchase!  :salute: :cheers: :like:
Can we see some more pics? I wonder if a Klein Tools magnetizer ($9-15Amzn)would help making the bit adapter magnetic & harder to fall out of tool. Im sure there are even cheaper magnatizers on ebay/Amazon

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #42 on: April 01, 2019, 01:15:54 AM
I received mine today! This cannot really be called a review , but more of a first impression. First of all, it is a large and heavy multitool, which I like! It gives a feeling of confidence in hand where it will not fall apart easily. The steel and finish of the tool both seem excellent. All of the tools lock except the scissors and the belt cutter. I also love the tool layout and selection the manufacturer put into it. It has pretty much all things I look for in one of these things! I have the bit adapter a few others are mentioning in this thread, but it does not fit very tight, falls out easily, and wobbles. I am not sure if it would hold up very well if a lot of pressure was put on it while turning a screw or a bolt. The four outer tools are a bit difficult to open but would probably loosen up with a good oiling and use. All in all I am happy with my purchase!  :salute: :cheers: :like:

:ahhh
Thanks for the thoughts.  :salute:
I was expecting it to be average, but it sounds very decent. I might pursue this. :think:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #43 on: April 01, 2019, 02:44:05 AM
   Here are a few photos:

Multi01" border="0 Multi02" border="0 Multi3" border="0 Multi4" border="0 Multi5" border="0

Also, I am not sure if this is a problem, but after playing with the pliers a bit, I noticed a sort of grinding noise when I opened and closed them. They are spring loaded, and the sound I am hearing could be the spring. The two parts of the wire cutters seem to hit each other when I close the pliers also. I took a pic of the pivot. Does it look off center to all of you?   

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: April 01, 2019, 04:17:59 PM
   Here are a few photos:

Multi01" border="0 Multi02" border="0 Multi3" border="0 Multi4" border="0 Multi5" border="0

Also, I am not sure if this is a problem, but after playing with the pliers a bit, I noticed a sort of grinding noise when I opened and closed them. They are spring loaded, and the sound I am hearing could be the spring. The two parts of the wire cutters seem to hit each other when I close the pliers also. I took a pic of the pivot. Does it look off center to all of you?

It does look a tiny bit off centre. How's the fit and finish of the tool?  :)

Offline mikekoz

Reply #45 on: April 01, 2019, 04:23:51 PM
It does look a tiny bit off centre. How's the fit and finish of the tool?  :)

Fit and finish is excellent! I have already contacted the seller on Amazon and I am sure they will take care of me on this. I may even just order a 2nd one to compare. I will bet this is just one of those things. I want to get it replaced. I have owned a lot of multitools and I can just feel something is not right with this one!  :oops:   I have never owned a multitool where the pivot joint for the pliers looked like that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 04:33:04 PM by mikekoz »

Reply #46 on: April 01, 2019, 09:31:17 PM
I noticed a pliers slight grinding sound on the Boxtree multi pliers/adjustable wrench- but it went away I think in the first week of use

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #47 on: April 02, 2019, 12:10:17 PM
What a shame it was not picked up by a well known company. Imagine CRKT coming out with this. Or Buck.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #48 on: April 02, 2019, 01:51:57 PM
Can we see some more pics? I wonder if a Klein Tools magnetizer ($9-15Amzn)would help making the bit adapter magnetic & harder to fall out of tool. Im sure there are even cheaper magnatizers on ebay/Amazon

The magnetizer would probably keep the adapter from sliding out, but my main concern with it would be the pressure that would get put on it if I was turning a screw. Since the adapter is a bit too narrow, I was thinking that it may actually slip in the hole. I have not tried this, it is just a theory!

Offline mikekoz

Reply #49 on: April 02, 2019, 01:53:26 PM
What a shame it was not picked up by a well known company. Imagine CRKT coming out with this. Or Buck.

I can see CRKT making something like this. I have a few of their multitools and knives, and they like making them on the overbuilt side, which I like!! lol

Offline mikekoz

Reply #50 on: April 03, 2019, 04:20:29 AM
  I got another one, and it does not have the issues of my original one. The pliers are straight and no grinding noise!  :woohoo:  I may have to carry and use it for a while to see how it does.  To the original poster, if you are still out there, have you used yours at all, and what has your experience been with it??

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #51 on: April 03, 2019, 04:52:12 AM
 :like:
Thanks for the run-down on the new tool, mikeoz!

I've seen several tools with pivots like that. Usually isn't a problem with normal use, and like BMTS mentioned, the grinding usually subsides fairly quickly. But, that said, I think you made the right call exchanging it. Sometimes if a tool feels "off", chances are it is. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #52 on: April 03, 2019, 05:17:48 AM
  I got another one, and it does not have the issues of my original one. The pliers are straight and no grinding noise!  :woohoo:  I may have to carry and use it for a while to see how it does.

:like:
Looking forward to your thoughts. :cheers:

Reply #53 on: April 03, 2019, 06:00:20 AM

Offline mikekoz

Reply #54 on: April 05, 2019, 05:52:26 PM
   Just thought I would add a little more info to this thread. I got a good one, and am returning my bad one. I liked this thing so much I ordered a second one, but it also had issues! The saw was loose and could not be tightened, and the main blade would hit the side of the tool when opening and closing it. Obviously I am returning it, but we may have a QC issue with these things. I ordered another one and will have it tomorrow, so I will see if I get lucky! lol  :ahhh

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #55 on: April 05, 2019, 06:08:11 PM
That's not good. I am sure I'll get a bad one if I order one.  :facepalm:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #56 on: April 05, 2019, 07:43:52 PM
That's not good. I am sure I'll get a bad one if I order one.  :facepalm:

Well, if you do, Amazon is very easy to deal with and they give you a good amount of time for returns also.  :cheers:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #57 on: April 06, 2019, 06:18:11 AM
Amazon blacklisted us so I can't order stuff from there anymore. :facepalm:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #58 on: April 06, 2019, 12:15:41 PM
Amazon blacklisted us so I can't order stuff from there anymore. :facepalm:

:think:  How did you get blacklisted???  ???

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #59 on: April 06, 2019, 01:14:01 PM
Having an Australian address is all it takes.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-31/amazon-blocks-australia-shopping-deal-how-it-affects-you/9820312

Australians have been free to buy goods from the United States via Amazon.com for years.

However, from July 1, local customers wanting their goods delivered to an Australian address will only be able to purchase goods from Amazon's Australian website, which was launched last year.

The company says it will no longer ship from its international websites to Australian addresses starting from the new financial year, and will redirect all Australian customers trying to use the US website back to the local one.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%