Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman MUT EOD new

us Offline JustinCase

Leatherman MUT EOD new
on: February 27, 2019, 04:59:49 AM
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:19:14 AM by JustinCase »
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman MUT EOD new
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 05:40:11 AM
The same seller was selling new wave plus for $47 shipped. He had 8 pieces and sold out within an hour.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 07:03:55 AM
He most have a lot of them because he has been selling both models, Wave and Mut, for the last 2 days and they are sold withing an hour. I'm surprise there still few MUT available :popcorn:
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 12:04:02 AM
He's back with surge and wave at very good price!

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 06:29:02 AM

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 02:06:02 AM
Anyone was hooked with this scammer? I was  :cry: I have to wait until tomorrow to get my last bit of money back. The incredible thing is, this guy set out for a non-apologetic scam. He had long processing time in the listings, and sent bogus stuffs to people to delay people filing claims with eBay. And he is still shopping for comic and precious metal  :o, unlike most scammers who would get off eBay by now. It took me almost a month to start getting my refund, forced by eBay. The guy probably has a couple hundred bucks laying around to pay for the 10% final fee that eBay did not refund him.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 01:16:01 PM
Anyone was hooked with this scammer? I was  :cry: I have to wait until tomorrow to get my last bit of money back. The incredible thing is, this guy set out for a non-apologetic scam. He had long processing time in the listings, and sent bogus stuffs to people to delay people filing claims with eBay. And he is still shopping for comic and precious metal  :o, unlike most scammers who would get off eBay by now. It took me almost a month to start getting my refund, forced by eBay. The guy probably has a couple hundred bucks laying around to pay for the 10% final fee that eBay did not refund him.

I did. My case was more straight forward. The seller gave a tracking number but never shipped. So I had to wait till after the shipment arrival date to lodge a case. I did it with PayPal as my experience there is better than with ebay. If, the seller had sent something else instead of the purchased item, its going to get messier. Speaking from experience.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 03:12:26 PM
Bumping so members are aware.  Sorry this happened to y'all. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 05:04:00 PM
When I first saw the listing on eBay I assumed it was a great deal coming from a US seller with 100% positive feedback, so I decided to post it in here, :facepalm:...Luckily I didn't purchased anything from them.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 07:13:08 PM
Actually that idiot was pretty smart. The price was not ridiculously low and was just right to be a good deal. Looked legit honestly. Anyone would had gotten trapped. A downright scam.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 04:00:43 AM
Actually that idiot was pretty smart. The price was not ridiculously low and was just right to be a good deal. Looked legit honestly. Anyone would had gotten trapped. A downright scam.
You are half correct. This guy (named James Cass) was pretty smart, but ignorant. On my last two cases with eBay, he posted 4 additional tracking numbers the same day I opened the cases. Luck (or misfortune) had it that, those four arrived on the same day my cases became eligible for eBay CS's intervention  :facepalm: (This was the scary part, as what if someone stole the packages from the porch? That would be a bigger can of worms). So eBay CS stalled my cases because they were delivered. The guy had a letter inside each, addressed me by my name, apologized for the shipping delay, and promised refund ASAP (this was 3 weeks after I made the payment). He included some cheapo Walmart screwdrivers as gifts. At this point, I had to close the non-delivery cases, and opened "missing parts" cases for returns. I kept all the bullsmurf gifts and returned him empty envelops  >:D Oh, and on the same day, I also received a letter from the USPS for a claim he opened for package damaging in another package he sent a few weeks earlier. I paid for Leatherman Waves, he sent a block of Home Depot wood  >:(

So I got all my money back thru eBay CS's intervention. That means I got to keep the eBay bucks earned thru these purchases (plus his free gifts), and the guy will get invoice of 10% final fee at the end of the month. Given that he sold a few thousand bucks worth of transaction, and most people get money back by forcing him, his eBay bill will be a few hundred bucks. Not to mention the shipping costs he spent sending people crap. I got 2 USPS and 4 FedEx packages.

So yes, he was pretty smart by playing with the timing and tracking numbers, but was pretty stupid by letting eBay step in.  :dunno:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%