Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Micra Disappointment

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Re: Micra Disappointment
Reply #30 on: March 02, 2019, 07:48:52 PM
The best scissors is the one on the Surge.

I still vote for the Craftsman's  :pok:

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 07:53:04 PM

dude, literally just saw a video of that tool. Holy moly, those things are sheers not scissors! They are so thick on each side, definitely getting one as a scissor benchmark tool.

:tu:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: March 02, 2019, 07:59:10 PM
dude, literally just saw a video of that tool. Holy moly, those things are sheers not scissors! They are so thick on each side, definitely getting one as a scissor benchmark tool.

:tu:

That's a gem of a scissor MT with a tiny price tag. U will love it. But note that the rest of the tools that comes with it are just meh...  :cheers:

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: March 02, 2019, 08:31:19 PM
That's a gem of a scissor MT with a tiny price tag. U will love it. But note that the rest of the tools that comes with it are just meh...  :cheers:

I was going to do a Sewing Multi-tool mod using a micra, but I think the craftsman would be actually much much better both because of its size and construction. I was going to put bobins and such on the tool to make it a leather stitching tool and sewing kit in one. This is literally the perfect size.

Cheers,
HG

se Offline MickeS

Reply #34 on: March 02, 2019, 09:29:54 PM
 :like: :hatsoff:
Tighten the rivet by striking with a ball and peen hammer.

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #35 on: March 03, 2019, 03:05:50 AM
... runs off (with scissors) to find things to cut...

Don't run with scissors, that is dangerous! Did you not learn that in pre-school?  :D :pok:

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #36 on: March 03, 2019, 03:06:49 AM

Do you have a link for those? Finding all sorts of craftsman stuff, but nothing looks like a multitool   :dunno:

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: March 03, 2019, 03:27:40 AM
Do you have a link for those? Finding all sorts of craftsman stuff, but nothing looks like a multitool   :dunno:

https://pin.it/2eqm5z6bexxxau

it Offline SirVicaLot

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: March 03, 2019, 04:11:43 PM
Don't think I have ever seen the Craftsman one :think: Nice :cheers:

Also I think the OP's Micra must be a dud :-\ I have a few Micras and have never had trouble cutting anything with them :think: Well anything normal ;) as rocks and steel don't count :D (no I haven't ever tried to cut those ::) )

and somebody stop Fuzzy before he falls and we end up in the emergency room................again :facepalm: :D

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #40 on: March 03, 2019, 05:46:29 PM

and somebody stop Fuzzy before he falls and we end up in the emergency room................again :facepalm: :D

Tell me more about that story   :D :popcorn:

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: March 03, 2019, 08:33:49 PM
Tell me more about that story   :D :popcorn:

This ^

:popcorn: :popcorn: :pok: :pok: :pok:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: March 03, 2019, 09:16:54 PM
No story :D you guys just don't know Fuzzy :ahhh :D

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #43 on: March 03, 2019, 09:58:05 PM
No story :D you guys just don't know Fuzzy :ahhh :D

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: March 03, 2019, 11:09:01 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl: :rofl:

I guess you should only be allowed scissors that fold huh?..hmm..so thats why you like multi-tools...kind of like a safety helmet for you?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:11:57 PM by Happy Gilmore »

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #45 on: March 04, 2019, 11:57:26 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

I guess you should only be allowed scissors that fold huh?..hmm..so thats why you like multi-tools...kind of like a safety helmet for you?

(Image removed from quote.)

I like how she's one hand casualy resting on the worktop not on the wok... She's a real pro, she knows what she's doing.

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 03:13:41 PM
Necroing this thread cause I want to talk a bit more about scissor multitools. If I can honestly depend on Micra scissors working the would be a perfect additon. But the one I got was nearly useless at anything but paper. Thoughts on possible changes?

Not satisfied with Leap scissors either, which leaves me very annoyed. How is it that all Vic scissors work perfectly but Leatherman can't produce one?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 03:52:34 PM by Happy Gilmore »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: May 23, 2019, 03:47:31 PM
I wish I liked the Micra too.  I just cannot get on with them. 
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: May 23, 2019, 04:10:11 PM
Necroing this thread cause I want to talk a bit more about scissor multitools. If I can honestly depend on Micra scissors working the would be a perfect additon. But the one I got was nearly useless at anything but paper. Thoughts on possible changes?

Not satisfied with Leap scissors either, which leaves me very annoyed. How is it that all Vic scissors work perfectly but Leatherman can't produce one?

I dun have much problem with micra.. Perhaps some steeper sharpening on the scissors? Bend the scissors a little more so they crosses over a little more? Or the angle of the cutting plays a huge part. Be mindful of the angle so there are lesser possibility of them folding over the scissors. Vic, I hate the leaf springs they use. They are pretty flimsy imo..

fi Offline temo

Reply #49 on: May 23, 2019, 06:45:25 PM
Noticed the same. Not so good with soft material. But fine with harder material.

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: May 23, 2019, 10:48:44 PM
I have a Style CS that I want to really like.  Its such a cool tool.  I am going to work out the scissor "problems" with this and the Micra.  I did tweak the Micra a bit but I think I need to give it a little more tweak or twerk.  :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #51 on: June 06, 2019, 07:56:15 AM

The Free P2/P4 scissors are fantastic. :)
Somewhere between the king of scissors(LM Surge) and the royal guard of scissors(91mm Vic).  :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: June 06, 2019, 02:58:25 PM
My Surge scissors have always been great.  I don't often use my Charge/Wave scissors but I cannot recall them letting me down.  My Squirt PS4 scissors are also good which is why its so disappointing the Micra and Style scissors are not as good.   
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: June 06, 2019, 03:11:19 PM
My Surge scissors have always been great.  I don't often use my Charge/Wave scissors but I cannot recall them letting me down.  My Squirt PS4 scissors are also good which is why its so disappointing the Micra and Style scissors are not as good.   

Perhaps that are longer and thinner.. Easier to flex and fold over material.. U will notice that the better scissors does not really flex..

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #54 on: June 06, 2019, 04:23:02 PM
I guess as I think about it more.  I might be expecting MORE from these scissors than reasonable  :dunno:.

Vic scissors.  I rarely if ever have any material fold within the scissors.  If they cannot cut they just stop but they dont fold the material within.  I dont find much they cannot cut tho.   

Micra/Style CS.  If the scissors cannot cut they tend to fold the material.  I find this on random material.  The closer I get to the tip it seems the "sharper" they are.

Examples.  I was adjusting my window blinds cord.  I don't know what kind of string/material that is.  Seems simple enough to cut.  Micra folded it over.  I tried the tip and further towards the pivot.  They would not cut. 

My 91mm cut with ease.  It was straightforward use of the scissors. 

Paracord.  Sometimes Micra can get thru with bites.  91mm, 58mm no problems.   

I've had the same experiences with some fabric too.  Bandana, cotton T shirt, etc.  When the Mirca doesn't want to cut it folds the material. 

Now if I hold certain material taught then sometimes my Mirca can get thru.  I don't always want to do this nor can.       
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #55 on: June 06, 2019, 06:24:31 PM
I guess as I think about it more.  I might be expecting MORE from these scissors than reasonable  :dunno:.

Vic scissors.  I rarely if ever have any material fold within the scissors.  If they cannot cut they just stop but they dont fold the material within.  I dont find much they cannot cut tho.   

Micra/Style CS.  If the scissors cannot cut they tend to fold the material.  I find this on random material.  The closer I get to the tip it seems the "sharper" they are.

Examples.  I was adjusting my window blinds cord.  I don't know what kind of string/material that is.  Seems simple enough to cut.  Micra folded it over.  I tried the tip and further towards the pivot.  They would not cut. 

My 91mm cut with ease.  It was straightforward use of the scissors. 

Paracord.  Sometimes Micra can get thru with bites.  91mm, 58mm no problems.   

I've had the same experiences with some fabric too.  Bandana, cotton T shirt, etc.  When the Mirca doesn't want to cut it folds the material. 

Now if I hold certain material taught then sometimes my Mirca can get thru.  I don't always want to do this nor can.     

From my experience this is often related to a rather loosely assembled pivot.
Some 2 years ago I've reworked a couple of my LM scissors (all sorts) by tightening the pivots a bit (peened them carefully).

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: June 06, 2019, 06:25:41 PM
 :salute:  I'll give them a WHACK, softly that is. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #57 on: June 06, 2019, 08:35:33 PM
 :iagree:

A good peening sometimes does the trick. It is just a shame that the people who assemble some of the LM tools don't have any equipment to peen with. ::)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #58 on: June 06, 2019, 08:41:32 PM
Wouldn‘t a screw pivot make that easier? Then one would need only a small screwdriver  :dunno:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #59 on: June 06, 2019, 09:20:23 PM
  :iagree:

Plus sharpening would be a lot easier too.   
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD