Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Prototype Gerber MP600 on ebay (maroon handles and pliers)

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
If anyone is interested in adding a Gerber prototype to your collection:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gerber-Multi-Tool-MP600-Rare-Maroon-Color-Dark-Red/312509264665?hash=item48c300f319:g:~vMAAOSwfl1ceDbr:rk:1:pf:0

I won't be bidding, so if you want it grab it now before someone else finds it and snaps it up.

I have purchased several MTs from this seller before, and had zero problems.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Prototype Gerber MP600 on ebay (maroon handles and pliers)
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:43:11 AM
Thanks for posting that, Greg! :salute:

Dipped into the tool fund to get it, but it seemed like a good deal, since I paid more than that for the yellow/black 600. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 06:53:16 AM
I saw that on ebay too but had some reservations.. That pliers looks to be that same maroon colour with the frame and looked abit like DIY-ed to me. I understand Gerber had done strange things in the past but to be very honest, that one looked to be sprayed on in a diy fashion to me. This is my very yown opinion and I could be very well wrong. I apologise in advance if I am talking garbage or making wrongful accusation.   :salute: :salute:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 07:33:03 AM
I saw that on ebay too but had some reservations.. That pliers looks to be that same maroon colour with the frame and looked abit like DIY-ed to me. I understand Gerber had done strange things in the past but to be very honest, that one looked to be sprayed on in a diy fashion to me. This is my very yown opinion and I could be very well wrong. I apologise in advance if I am talking garbage or making wrongful accusation.   :salute: :salute:
I would have agreed with you, except that J-Sews posted about one that was done exactly the same way, but in blue. I feel like it is legitimate. If, in what I hope isn't the case, I only overpaid by $20 on an unused 600. :woohoo:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 07:54:26 AM
It does look the same as that blue one.

I'd say the odds are high this is legit ;)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 08:07:02 AM

Thanks, Nick!  :cheers:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 08:21:18 AM
 :salute:

Will be waiting for more pics!!  :tu:

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 01:20:02 PM

J-sews (Bob M) and I have both purchased quite a few prototypes from this seller, and based on previous correspondence with him I am quite sure this one is also a legit prototype (and definitely not home-DIY).

If I had any doubts I would have mentioned them in my original notification ( I would hate to mislead any fellow MTo members).

Great score, GLBM   :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 03:39:52 PM
Thank you for that, Greg! :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 03:43:35 PM
Having looked at the bumped thread by Jsews, when Greg posted this I got super excited and checked the listing.  I also think its legit. 

Great catch Greg and nice pickup by you gerleatherberman  :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 03:46:06 PM
Thank you, Aloha! :cheers:

I've been trying to redirect the collection towards some nicer/rarer tools and the maroon 600 should look good with the other 600s.  :woohoo:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 03:49:41 PM
If this is legit ( I believe it is ) then this is a great addition.  Getting the rest of the prototypes colors  :angel: which I pray you do will be one heck of a collection. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 04:03:09 PM
Thank you for the kind words! :cheers:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 03, 2019, 04:59:29 PM
J-sews (Bob M) and I have both purchased quite a few prototypes from this seller, and based on previous correspondence with him I am quite sure this one is also a legit prototype (and definitely not home-DIY).

If I had any doubts I would have mentioned them in my original notification ( I would hate to mislead any fellow MTo members).

Great score, GLBM   :tu:

:salute: with my very shallow knowledge in their prototypes, I sure am shooting off what I am thinking. No offense intended definitely.  :salute: :salute:

Congrats to GMan for getting that!  :like: But I still say that legit prototype looks genuinely weird.  :P

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: March 03, 2019, 05:49:13 PM
A second set of eyes is ALWAYS appreciated  :hatsoff:.  Sam, its important we do not hold back what we may think so those that are pursing items pause if only to double check the item.  We know you have only the best of intentions, your'e a great member.     

I know its been a great help for me.  The other side is I've bought an item as suggested and while I am happy with it it wasn't what they thought it was.  Had someone chimed in I would have paused. 

Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 06:01:04 PM
 :iagree:
What Aloha said.

And thank you, Sam! :cheers:

The weirdness makes it all the more desirable. :)

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 01:11:13 AM
:salute: with my very shallow knowledge in their prototypes, I sure am shooting off what I am thinking. No offense intended definitely:salute: :salute:

And none taken.  It is always OK to express an opinion, and you did that perfectly without any hint of offense  :hatsoff:

Congrats to GMan for getting that!  :like: But I still say that legit prototype looks genuinely weird:P

Prototypes often do look a bit strange, they are the product of experimenting and trying things out, others can be quite close to the final tool.  Some of the early ones are quite weird (have a look at some of Tim Leatherman's early efforts and compare with his final PST as a good example).

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44