Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Swiza knives - the 2019 releases 979

No Life Club Posts: 4,195
Re: New Swiza knives - the 2019 releases
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 09:16:28 PM »
Because removing ticks with the same knife that you make your sandwiches with is gross :rofl:
Yet you don't seem to have a problem to use the file on that same knife to file down your toe nails, or even worse, use the tip to get the toe-cheese from under your nails ... (or even worse still, same situation but on a knife you bought second hand ...)  :think:

Show content

Show content
And NO, this is not my own pic  :twak:

Think about that  :pok:.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,667
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 09:16:35 PM »
If you can read German, and still don't facepalm after this: buy a Swiza asap.

Buy now or regret later
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2019, 09:18:09 PM »
TG, my toenails don't contain a virus that will drag me down for the rest of my life... if they do, something is seriously wrong with me.

Buy now or regret later
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 09:20:46 PM »
Also bear in mind that the tick tool is on the same(!!) layer as the combo tool!!

Pop that bottle or can after removing a tick... bweik...

PS: I'm not a Swiza hater! I just don't like them. The tick tool, however, is just plain stupid in my mind.

Buy now or regret later
Hero Member Posts: 915
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2019, 09:26:35 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

:facepalm:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,272 I'm blue!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2019, 09:29:46 PM »
Because removing ticks with the same knife that you make your sandwiches with is gross :rofl:

I use my dirty hands for both.

Once I had a Lyme infection but some antibiotics took care of it.
 I have been vaccinated against most other diseases out here.
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 09:31:04 PM »

- There is no evidence that Lyme disease is transmitted from person-to-person. For example, a person cannot get infected from touching, kissing, or having sex with a person who has Lyme disease.

- Lyme disease acquired during pregnancy may lead to infection of the placenta and possible stillbirth; however, no negative effects on the fetus have been found when the mother receives appropriate antibiotic treatment. There are no reports of Lyme disease transmission from breast milk.

- Although no cases of Lyme disease have been linked to blood transfusion, scientists have found that the Lyme disease bacteria can live in blood that is stored for donation. Individuals being treated for Lyme disease with an antibiotic should not donate blood. Individuals who have completed antibiotic treatment for Lyme disease may be considered as potential blood donors. Information on the current criteria for blood donation is available on the Red Cross websiteExternal.

- Although dogs and cats can get Lyme disease, there is no evidence that they spread the disease directly to their owners. However, pets can bring infected ticks into your home or yard. Consider protecting your pet, and possibly yourself,  through the use of tick control products for animals.

- You will not get Lyme disease from eating venison or squirrel meat, but in keeping with general food safety principles, always cook meat thoroughly. Note that hunting and dressing deer or squirrels may bring you into close contact with infected ticks.

- There is no credible evidence that Lyme disease can be transmitted through air, food, water, or from the bites of mosquitoes, flies, fleas, or lice.

- Ticks not known to transmit Lyme disease include Lone star ticks (Amblyomma americanum), the American dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis), the Rocky Mountain wood tick (Dermacentor andersoni), and the brown dog tick (Rhipicephalus sanguineus).

So, turns out there's more danger for getting Lyme disease from owning a cat than from owning a Swiza with a tick tool ...  :whistle:
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2019, 09:38:15 PM »
Does it?

Your text reads this:

- Although dogs and cats can get Lyme disease, there is no evidence that they spread the disease directly to their owners. However, pets can bring infected ticks into your home or yard.

:shrug:

I'm not stopping you guys to get a ticktool and go for it :D

My mom has been diagnosed with Lime's... too late.

She's been slowly recovering partialy for the last 6 years, and still has a long way to go. I'm not taking any chances and will just carry a seperate €2 tick tweezer in my pack. And no, not in the same place as my SAK.

Edit: I'll read further replies, but I feel as if I'm kicking the hornet's nest here. Feel free to PM me! :tu:
I'm not digging deeper into the subject.

:b2t:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:46:46 PM by Mechanickal »

Buy now or regret later
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2019, 09:57:21 PM »
Does it?

Your text reads this:

- Although dogs and cats can get Lyme disease, there is no evidence that they spread the disease directly to their owners. However, pets can bring infected ticks into your home or yard.

She's been slowly recovering partialy for the last 6 years, and still has a long way to go. I'm not taking any chances and will just carry a seperate €2 tick tweezer in my pack. And no, not in the same place as my SAK.

Yes it does, "pets can bring infected ticks into your home or yard", which means there's a bigger chance of an infected tick ending up in your couch from a pet than from a Swiza.

Don't get me wrong, in no way am I trying to minimize the danger of Lyme disease, on the contrary.  One of the most important things to prevent you from getting Lyme disease is to remove a thick as fast as possible, and in the correct way.  And one could say that you could use a tweezer from your SAK to remove it, but the risk of removing the tick in a wrong way (squashing it so it spills its infected guts into your body) is much higher with a tweezer than with a tool like the Tick tool on the Swiza knives.

I don't own a Swiza, but I do own a plastic "credit card sized" tool with the same functions (see pic), and it works great, and it's always in my wallet as part of my EDC. I do understand that this "credit card tick tool" looks better since it is nowhere near anything you use for food preparation, but like I said, the risk of leaving the tick on your body until you get home is much higher than the risk (if there is any at all) of the thick tool being next to your sandwich knife.

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2019, 10:19:52 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Again, in my opinion, the only thing that's wrong with that text is the line "überzeugender funktionalität", since they did (or better, still do) have their fair share of small problems and/or flaws, but every beginning is hard.

I can only speak for myself, but I was excited when I heard the news that there was going to be a new brand of Swiss made pocket knives, and I still think it looks like a modern version of the SAK, but modern doesn't always mean better ...

But c'mon, it's a promotional text, what did you expect ?  I mean, have you heard that Leatherman d**chebag promo guy his grey vs black sheath cr*p ... Apologies for the strong language, but that guy really gets under my skin (the promo guy , not Mechy  :to:, I mean, we're still good right ?  Mate ... buddy ... fellow Belgian ...  :dwts:).

To conclude, I really hope they (Swiza) can make it work, and they stay around long enough to get a chance to learn and improve.  And hopefully there will be a moment in the future that they surprise us, but they do have to step up their game ...
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2019, 10:34:21 PM »
Does it?

Your text reads this:

Edit: I'll read further replies, but I feel as if I'm kicking the hornet's nest here. Feel free to PM me! :tu:
I'm not digging deeper into the subject.

:b2t:

I'm sorry to hear about your mom mate  :-[

Like I said, please don't get me wrong, I've seen the effects of Lyme disease first hand myself, and it's a nightmare ... That's why I kinda like the idea of a tick tool on a SAK, yes, dedicated tick tools (is this a real thing, or am I just making stuff up  ...  :think:) will always be better, but when you've nothing else but your EDC tool on you ... we all know that the best tool is the one you have with you, despite the fact that it's a bit of a compromise most of the time.

Oh, and I can only speak for myself, but I don't think you've been kicking the hornet's nest here, we're having a bit of a discussion, but as long as this happens with respect and in a possitive context we can only get smarter from it, both of us  ;).

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,203 \o/
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2019, 10:37:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your mom Nick, I have a few family members with Lyme disease and it really is quite nasty.

But did we tick you off? Geddit...? :facepalm:
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2019, 10:52:27 PM »
Sorry to hear about your mom Nick, I have a few family members with Lyme disease and it really is quite nasty.

But did we tick you off? Geddit...? :facepalm:

:whistle:

Show content
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 16,285 I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2019, 10:53:13 PM »
The four things guaranteed to flare up a forum thread...

Politics
Religion
Firearms
Swiza

:D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2019, 11:10:27 PM »
Good one Al! :D

I'm not ticked off at all.
I'm just afraid I'm doing it to others...
Which is a thought I can't stand!  :ahhh

You guys are friends... even if some of you want to eat tick parts :pok:

:rofl:

Buy now or regret later
No Life Club Posts: 1,206
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2019, 10:33:04 AM »
The four things guaranteed to flare up a forum thread...

Politics
Religion
Firearms
Swiza

:D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sr. Member Posts: 454
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 05:34:41 PM »
 I am glad Swiza exist because at least they are trying new designs. I think Victorinox is a bit too conservative.
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,592 SAK Surgeon
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2019, 10:22:35 PM »
For me the looks is all wrong.  I don't like the curved body and I dont like tools with holes though them.  Compared to a victorinox or Wenger they look cheap to me. 

I hope they make a go of it but I find it hard to believe they are selling at an economy of scale sort of rate.  I so miss the weird Wenger Saks and I'd support anything new like the business tool or anything like that.

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard
Sr. Member Posts: 454
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2019, 10:30:19 PM »
For me the looks is all wrong.  I don't like the curved body and I dont like tools with holes though them.  Compared to a victorinox or Wenger they look cheap to me. 

I hope they make a go of it but I find it hard to believe they are selling at an economy of scale sort of rate.  I so miss the weird Wenger Saks and I'd support anything new like the business tool or anything like that.

I might be wrong but aren't a lot of ex-Wenger management and employees involved with Swiza?
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,592 SAK Surgeon
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2019, 10:57:44 PM »
I might be wrong but aren't a lot of ex-Wenger management and employees involved with Swiza?

Yep so they have no excuse not to make cool things. 

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard
Sr. Member Posts: 466

EMZ nl

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2019, 11:10:47 PM »

Indeed. The sales representative told me that the Wenger management plus engineers were moved out of the company when Vic took over.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $263.00
PayPal Fees: $16.03
Net Balance: $246.97
Below Goal: $53.03
Site Currency: USD
82%