Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

One Piece Multitools- Badge Request

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
One Piece Multitools- Badge Request
on: July 20, 2019, 04:39:40 AM
Here are some of my one piece multitools.
The first column are some mini eating utensils with other basic tools.  The Grub n Tool has the most tools, but I think the Marbles is the best in size vs tools for an eating utensil
- Australian FRED
- Grub n Tool
- Marbles
The next three are key shaped tools.  Both the GeekKey and MyKee 2.0 are both good tools with the MyKey being slightly smaller and a little less likely to draw attention.  The SwiisTech has some nice tools but will also bite if not careful when using.
- GeekKey
- MyKey 2.0
- SwissTech Utili-key
The last column are some various different ones, to include my favorite Chopper.  The Chopper may not be the most useful compared to some others, but the tools it has work well.
- TTPocketTools Chopper
- TTPocketTools Capper
- PocketWorks
- Mini Griffin
The bottom center and right were gotten primarily for the hook cutter.  The Carabiner is interesting but the hook cutter won’t cut hardly anything.  The CRKT KERT, despite bthe limited tools, is a good hook cutter.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: One Piece Multitools- Badge Request
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 10:20:13 AM
Very nice, awarded.   :tu:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 10:51:18 AM

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 01:51:21 PM
Congratulations on your badge Sos  :cheers:
Nice collection  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline Sos24

Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 06:38:20 PM
Thanks wspeed.  I think with many things for many of us, the intent wasn’t collecting so much as trying to find the “perfect” one to fit my needs/wants.  Still haven’t found it, but stopped looking for now.

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 09:28:47 PM
Thanks wspeed.  I think with many things for many of us, the intent wasn’t collecting so much as trying to find the “perfect” one to fit my needs/wants.  Still haven’t found it, but stopped looking for now.

Come to the conclusion that there isn't a "Perfect" one, also. Never stops me from looking.
Nice assortment.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 11:27:15 PM
Come to the conclusion that there isn't a "Perfect" one, also. Never stops me from looking.
Nice assortment.
Thanks.  I’m sure sooner or later I will see another that makes me think it might be it and give it a try, but for now I’m exploring other rabbit holes in search of the “perfect” xyz.

us Offline cody6268

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 04:52:04 AM
Cool. A real FRED! Those don't seem to come up for sale that often stateside, and they ain't cheap when they do; despite being a fairly common Australian piece of gear.  Seems the Marble's copy is most common.

I really like the KERT. It cuts pretty much anything well. Need to make a neck sheath for mine. Unlike the Benchmade hooks, it's not at all clunky to carry; though a bit tough to use, given the only way to get a good pull to cut is with a keyring attached to the tool itself; while the Benchmade 7 has a nice rubberized overmold I'd really like a Raker Ring Tool (the custom-made custom predecessor to the KERT), but I doubt it's even still being produced by Ray Kirk.  If I remember, he actually did a run of its predecessor the Raker Ring Tool for this very forum.

us Offline Sos24

Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 05:37:40 AM
Cool. A real FRED! Those don't seem to come up for sale that often stateside, and they ain't cheap when they do; despite being a fairly common Australian piece of gear.  Seems the Marble's copy is most common.

I really like the KERT. It cuts pretty much anything well. Need to make a neck sheath for mine. Unlike the Benchmade hooks, it's not at all clunky to carry; though a bit tough to use, given the only way to get a good pull to cut is with a keyring attached to the tool itself; while the Benchmade 7 has a nice rubberized overmold I'd really like a Raker Ring Tool (the custom-made custom predecessor to the KERT), but I doubt it's even still being produced by Ray Kirk.  If I remember, he actually did a run of its predecessor the Raker Ring Tool for this very forum.

I got a good deal on several FREDs from Australia.  The shipping was about as much as I paying for them but it still averaged out to a couple dollars a piece.  I gave a few away as gifts.  The Marble is a good copy, if not better, because the spoon has a little more depth and the spork tongs.

The KERT is nice for what it is and definitely better than a lot of other hook cutters that won’t cut much of anything.  I’ve considered adding a paracord loop in place of the key ring to see how it would do for leverage. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%