Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My most carried flashlight - ITP A3 EOS

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
My most carried flashlight - ITP A3 EOS
on: March 17, 2019, 05:59:31 PM

I bought this light over 5 years ago and have carried and used it almost every day since. Most of the time it has 10440 rechargeables in it and with them on the high setting it must be close to 150 lumens, though it does get a bit hot after 10 minutes. But also using these batteries, the medium setting, which must be around 60 lumens, is perfect for my EDC and gets most of the use. The low setting, which is by no means a moonlight mode, is fine for finding something in the dark without waking the wife. It's definitely more of a thrower, which I like. I believe it was originally an Olight design that was then purchased by Aimkon and is sold on Amazon for around $20. One of the things I really like is the clip and chain and 90% of the time I carry it clipped to a belt loop on my left side. It is so unobtrusive to carry this way that I sometimes forget I have it with me.

That is all, just wanted to give a shout-out to a very dependable, long-term companion :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: My most carried flashlight - ITP A3 EOS
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:12:50 AM
Very nice Theo 8) You can tell it is a nicely used light :like: I thought it was an Olight for sure when I first saw it :ahhh I will have to check those out as it is very similar to my I3S EOS :tu: Nice specs in the lumens as well :like:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 12:07:49 PM
iTP are, sadly, a company that is much reduced from what it once was.  In fact I was rather surprised to see they still seem to be in business.  I still have one of their SA2 Eluma and love it.  I also had one of their old A2 (a 1xAA version of the A3) however my father admired it enough that I gave it to him.   

Remind me what the mode sequence is on the A3, is it L-M-H or M-L-H? :think:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 06:23:01 PM
This is L-M-H. Everything about this light is simple and I think that is why I like it so much. Not sure about the ITP brand but I oil the O-ring periodically and this thing just keeps going and going.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 06:41:13 PM
I have considered this light a few times, but never followed it through. Good to hear it's working out so well for you  :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 09:53:46 PM
This is L-M-H. Everything about this light is simple and I think that is why I like it so much. Not sure about the ITP brand but I oil the O-ring periodically and this thing just keeps going and going.
:cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 11:34:30 PM
Great to hear the light and connection method are all working still after 5 years.   :like: 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD