Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Basle 2019

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Basle 2019
on: March 18, 2019, 11:02:32 PM
So there's only 3 days left until the Basel world watch fair opens. Not open to the public but social media will be inundated with posts.

Victorinox are no exception

Anything you lot would like to see?

Personally I'm hoping for less limited editions, they don't really mean that much anymore there have been so many of them! I like the Omega Speedmaster Professional, but I could have bought at least one ’limited’ edition every year for the last 15 years! Omega have started digging out heritage designs so I'll be interested to see who else does that.

Notably, Swatch Group, which includes Omega and a ton of other brands, have said that this will be their last watch fair.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Re: Basle 2019
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:31:06 PM
A cleanly designed men's or unisex watch around the 38 mm mark. The current trend with huge look-at-me watches makes me feel like "little Steinar has borrowed Daddy's watch" as I have thin wrists.  :D

Edit: I doubt Basel 2019 feel guys like me are a relevant market. My most used watch is a Casio and my most expensive cost less than the chain alone on the cheaper models in Basel.   :think:

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 11:37:23 PM
A cleanly designed men's or unisex watch around the 38 mm mark. The current trend with huge look-at-me watches makes me feel like "little Steinar has borrowed Daddy's watch" as I have thin wrists.  :D

Edit: I doubt Basel 2019 feel guys like me are a relevant market. My most used watch is a Casio and my most expensive cost less than the chain alone on the cheaper models in Basel.   :think:

Good point, the sizes are getting ridiculous. A few years ago I had a breitlimg chronomat, that was 39mm. I'm sure last time I looked they were 44mm.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 10:01:28 PM
Well underwhelmed so far, more Rolex’s that you can't buy and a Tudor that I'm pretty sure no one wanted. It's not an attractive piece at all.

On a positive note the Zodiac GMT and the new Heuers are very nice indeed.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 08:04:35 PM
One I missed completely but is so freaking cool. Is the Bulova Computron re-issue.
Not a bad price either considering how much it would cost to get an old one up and running again.

https://wornandwound.com/baselworld-2019-first-look-at-the-incredibly-cool-incredibly-retro-bulova-computron/

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 09:12:25 PM
Yes, that is nice piece of retro design.  :tu:

I was so depressed by all the “bling” at Basel 2019 I ended up drooling over the Citizen Caliber 0100 watches instead. They are is outside my budget, but so incredibly attractive to a nerd like myself.  :dd:

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 09:26:40 PM
Yes, that is nice piece of retro design.  :tu:

I was so depressed by all the “bling” at Basel 2019 I ended up drooling over the Citizen Caliber 0100 watches instead. They are is outside my budget, but so incredibly attractive to a nerd like myself.  :dd:

Hopefully we’re seeing the end of the bling and watches over 42mm.

I’ve got a few releases to post that ALL the so called enthusiasts missed completely..

You're right about the citizen stiff, trust me, I'm a serious watch need :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD