Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Gear You've Got.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: The Gear You've Got.
Reply #30 on: April 05, 2020, 04:03:24 AM
:facepalm:

...:rofl:

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: April 28, 2020, 01:50:01 AM
It's odd, how we grow accustomed to luxury....this is not one of my favourite pieces and is basically made up of "spares", but to go to a retail shop and buy all this? You're looking at almost $200....which is why I must be satisfied with it, even though it may not be the latest matching purpose designed niche gimmick on whatever site you browse for new trash....

So, it's my motorcycle tool wallet - jams into a compartment under the seat - of course, it's not the one that came with the bike - they tend to be pretty cheap and limited, so it's something I put together with some odds and ends....

No-brand "canvas"  tool roll, filled with a selection of Bahco tools - knife, pliers, adjustable spanner, and multi-bit holding ratchet screwdriver, with a bit for 1/4 drive sockets....plus a rando off brand slot head screwdriver - mostly for poking, as the majority of fasteners on the bike are either allen key bolts, or hex head.

and a couple of cable ties and electricians tape for roadside repairs....

I used to keep a torch in the roll, but found that it never worked by the time I needed it...

Normally I make my own tool rolls out of heavy duty cotton (none of them have been huge successes, it seems there is an art to the dimensions), but this one is about the right size, and it's not particularly water proof under the seat, so something that would absorb and hold moisture was contra indicated.

So there we go, another boring tale of when what we've got turns out to be just what we need - no shopping required.

Bike tools.jpg
* Bike tools.jpg (Filesize: 49.89 KB)

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: November 23, 2023, 11:06:44 AM
I've been meaning to update this thread, I've got some gear I want to discuss....

but first I just want to complain, and since I don't have a lot of social media, there's nowhere else for me to shout into the void -

How smurfing smurf are "best XXXX of 20XX" lists?

I don't think *anything* I own is ever on those lists, but I'm fairly sure I've got damn near the best stuff (in at least 1 metric) for a whole variety of things.

My other gripes for today are youtube videos - they really are mostly just junk? I reckon the genuine honest not-for-profit content is <1%, the rest is clickfarming smurf.

and finally pay-for-reviews. I'd never thought much about it, because I don't use amazon or similar, but since I *have* bought a few things this year and used some services, I've been inundated with requests from those companies to give reviews for products or gift vouchers or whatever.

What a crock - all that tells me is that I can't trust any reviews for that company. Good job making sure I never spent money with you again.

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #33 on: November 23, 2023, 11:30:28 AM
"How does Sea Monster store his sewing stuff?" asked no one ever...

Well here you go -

My "storage MO" if you will is it sits on a desk or nook until the item type becomes sufficient enough to warrant a small container, and so it lives until it requires a slightly larger container, perhaps with compartments - and then eventually it receives a custom made or purpose purchased storage solution.

My sewing stuff is at "Stage 3 - Slightly Larger Container with Compartments"

(Two of those compartments being Small Containers, from something that was previously in Stage 2)

Anyone, here's some pictures, because why the hell not -

(and yes, that Wenger Money Clip does live there and has more or less since I got it.

The tobacco tin is for spare buttons. Free Internet Points to anyone who can guess what the timber ball is for....
Just founded this thread now that you posted here again.
Here is one alternative, orginally fishing kit but handy, its my wifes set, there stuff missing now since those are now bit allover house.

There is
 bigger versions too and also that opens middle and spread it both ways.

Only Tools Matters

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #34 on: November 23, 2023, 11:39:11 AM
My personal sewing kits
Left what i keep home and right what i carry my edc-bag

Only Tools Matters

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: November 23, 2023, 11:57:04 AM
Hola, gracias para escritura.

I have two fishing boxes like that, and I don't even fish! I reckon I could easily combine two into one and have a box left over for sewing stuff.

bueno idea.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD