Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OPT badge request

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
OPT badge request
on: March 27, 2019, 01:39:38 AM
Picked a few of these OPTs up along the way. Now they are needing a storage area of their own now. Just wondering if this would do it for a badge?

A disposable lock-pick set, PocketMonkey, Generic Card tool, LM bottle opener/hex carabiner, Budweiser bottle opener/pop-top opener, antique bottle opener/spoon, two sizes of vintage church keys, SOG Mac V, Husky 4-way driver, Craftsman 4-way driver, Ronson 4-way driver, and Ronson lighter cotton/wick tool. Total of 13.

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: OPT badge request
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 01:50:38 AM
Nice selection! I have a few OPTs I actually use, and in many cases, all three (Craftsman 4-in-1 screwdriver, PocketWrench II, and County Comm 4" pry bar) are a part of my EDC, but the bulk of my collection is church keys and bottle openers. I like collecting them for old, defunct beer brands for some reason, even though I don't drink.  I filled a plastic sandwich box with the things, primarily because of one lot I bought to buy a very old one with a Prestolite key.  I'll see if I can get a photo soon.

Love that bottle opener/spoon combo! Seems long enough to work as a stirrer.  I have not seen that variation of the Craftsman 9-4160.  Mine are the last USA version made, and one Granddad had from the 1980s. Found it in a junk drawer, and with his permission, put it on my keys,   I bought two when we still had a Sears, and at a buck a piece, should have bought a dozen at the rate I lose and misplace them, and given if I want someone to have one, and don't want them paying $3-10 for the things, when they were a buck new!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 01:57:41 AM
Oh that is neat. I'd enjoy seeing some photos for sure!  :)

I know how you feel with the Craftsman 4-ways. I have already misplaced one of them. A box of them back when they were cheap would have been a good investment.  :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 11:12:49 AM
Awarded... Congrats GLBM :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 01:48:34 PM
that's a very nice set of OPTs, Mr.GLBM!  :hatsoff:
I am a fan of them, and actually use them often, I have the same "Generic Card Tool" (hey, it was $1.00  :D) and the SOG MACV, which I like but find a bit awkward to carry due to the corners, sharp edges etc.  :dunno: and I also doubt that it'd take much pressure before breaking or snapping if used to pry  :facepalm:, mainly due to the central bottle opener cutout

if you don't mind me hijacking your thread, here are my favorites:

- Allen key "Octopus" coin and "KeySmart" pseudo-key tool
:

- Flathead money clip, precision flathead "Repairs" coin, 4-way screwdriver with diamond file "Carabiner Black OPT", SOG MACV, Chinese "Piranha" clone variation, shackle key "Pocket mini prybar" :

- SRM Prybar OPT:

:cheers:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 02:02:26 PM
Awarded... Congrats GLBM :cheers:
Many thanks, jaya_man! :cheers:

that's a very nice set of OPTs, Mr.GLBM!  :hatsoff:
I am a fan of them, and actually use them often, I have the same "Generic Card Tool" (hey, it was $1.00  :D) and the SOG MACV, which I like but find a bit awkward to carry due to the corners, sharp edges etc.  :dunno: and I also doubt that it'd take much pressure before breaking or snapping if used to pry  :facepalm:, mainly due to the central bottle opener cutout

if you don't mind me hijacking your thread, here are my favorites:

- Allen key "Octopus" coin and "KeySmart" pseudo-key tool
:

(Image removed from quote.)

- Flathead money clip, precision flathead "Repairs" coin, 4-way screwdriver with diamond file "Carabiner Black OPT", SOG MACV, Chinese "Piranha" clone variation, shackle key "Pocket mini prybar" :

- SRM Prybar OPT:

:cheers:
Thank you, TP! :cheers:

You know I like seeing pics of gear, so hijack on! :)

That is a very nice selection of OPTs, TP! :like:

A mini prybar will be the next tool to order. The OPTs haven't been a strong collection area for me, but the exploration into them has revealed the appeal. :woohoo:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 04:51:14 PM
Many thanks, jaya_man! :cheers:
Thank you, TP! :cheers:

You know I like seeing pics of gear, so hijack on! :)

That is a very nice selection of OPTs, TP! :like:

A mini prybar will be the next tool to order. The OPTs haven't been a strong collection area for me, but the exploration into them has revealed the appeal. :woohoo:

just in time for this thread, I received in the mail a gift package from Grant
containing what I deem will be the most versatile and favourite OPT yet for me

the AXEM 4.0!  :ahhh

here's next to the crummy Chinese credit card tool I mentioned that I also had  :salute:
There's just no comparison to be made here  :angel:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 04:55:41 PM
Congratulations on your badge GLBM  And nice collection  :cheers: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30