Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Floral - blade size

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Floral - blade size
on: April 02, 2019, 08:32:50 PM
Simple question, what is the blade length on the Victorinox Floral? Been thinking of getting one as a hobby knife. Any thoughts?
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Re: Floral - blade size
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 08:45:35 PM
55 mm blade, 100 mm handle.

I don't personally own one, but we know the Victorinox quality is there, so if it looks like it would serve your purposes, then I imagine it would.

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 08:46:20 PM
From the tip of the blade to the handle, about 68 mm for the sheepfoot, , 63 mm for the pruner.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 08:37:11 AM
From the tip of the blade to the handle, about 68 mm for the sheepfoot, , 63 mm for the pruner.

Are you thinking of the Grafter perhaps? The Floral only has one blade.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 08:37:36 AM
55 mm blade, 100 mm handle.

I don't personally own one, but we know the Victorinox quality is there, so if it looks like it would serve your purposes, then I imagine it would.

Thanks!

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 09:26:43 AM
Are you thinking of the Grafter perhaps? The Floral only has one blade.

That would be the sheepfoot then. The blade is 65mm, not 68mm as I said earlier, with a cutting edge of 55mm like Nate said. Also, be aware that the floral knife is beveled on one side only.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 04:06:14 PM
That would be the sheepfoot then. The blade is 65mm, not 68mm as I said earlier, with a cutting edge of 55mm like Nate said. Also, be aware that the floral knife is beveled on one side only.

I didn't know that, thanks!

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 04:56:11 PM
I didn't know that, thanks!

There are pros and cons to this.

The blade is extremely good at flower cutting, without crushing the veins.
But fine cuts with the point of the blade tend to curve instead of going straight.

The steel of the blade is harder than usual on Vx tools, according to some members here.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 05:58:55 PM
There are pros and cons to this.

The blade is extremely good at flower cutting, without crushing the veins.
But fine cuts with the point of the blade tend to curve instead of going straight.

The steel of the blade is harder than usual on Vx tools, according to some members here.

I've ordered one so we'll see how it goes! A chisel grind usually makes for a sharper edge, it's only half the width while still retaining the full strength. Useful for a hobby knife in fact. and I believe that most hobby knives are chisel ground. 

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 05:44:48 PM
It arrived! What a great work knife. Handle is perfect length for the hand and the blade the right length for working with. Looking forward to using this knife for leather and hobby work.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 05:49:45 PM
It arrived! What a great work knife. Handle is perfect length for the hand and the blade the right length for working with. Looking forward to using this knife for leather and hobby work.

(Image removed from quote.)

I too carry one at work every day.  :D This is the one and only Vic I use. Simple, slim and wonderful handle. The Pruner is also a gem.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 05:57:07 PM
I too carry one at work every day.  :D This is the one and only Vic I use. Simple, slim and wonderful handle. The Pruner is also a gem.

I have the Pruner too. Was my EDC for a good long while.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 11:05:22 AM
I should add that I've discovered that despite that it was advertised as a Floral, this is actually the 'Twine' model as it has the keyring attachment. Otherwise exactly the same.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 11:33:11 AM
I'm going to see if I can find one without the key ring to try.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%