Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

List your pet peeves

MMR · 125 · 3276

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: List your pet peeves
Reply #60 on: April 08, 2019, 04:28:32 PM
Don't put an empty milk bottle back in the fridge...
Every roommate I ever had. Milk and/or half & half. I'd say something and get, "there was a little left when I put it back in there."  :facepalm:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #61 on: April 08, 2019, 08:26:50 PM
This dad burned telegrafy thing is toooo blamed noisy, Back to smoke. ........... :drink:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #62 on: April 08, 2019, 09:27:03 PM
People who play games or watch TV on their cellphones in public with the volume turned all the way up. Especially at restaurants. I usually don't care about children doing it, because they don't know any better; but grown adults do it more than them it seems.

People who empty the trash in their car into a parking lot.   I saw someone throw a pop can full of garbage out of their car at Burger King--when a trash can wasn't 10 feet from their spot. I ended up grabbing the can with my MT pliers and tossing it in the can as I got back into our car.

People who don't pull over into the next lane, or at least slow down for vehicles pulled over on the shoulder.   Whether it be emergency vehicles, towing services (and for these two, it is actually legally required in most states and provinces to do so), or even someone checking their load, I always move into the next lane.  Many first responders and towing operators have been killed by careless individuals who did not move into the next lane or even slow down. Having family and friends who are first responders and tow truck operators, it's especially important to me.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #63 on: April 08, 2019, 09:28:24 PM
Don't put an empty milk bottle back in the fridge...
Is it REALLY empty though?  :pok:
There might be just enough for my cup of tea. ( I have on occasion used a little water to swish all the milk I can out of the bottle when that's all I have left)

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
List your pet peeves
Reply #64 on: April 09, 2019, 04:54:30 PM
When people put these stupid taillights on their cars...

If I ever rear end anyone, it will be because of those.

Seriously the stupidest looking things ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #65 on: April 09, 2019, 05:00:48 PM
They are supposed to look like Lexus rear lights  ???
They look stupid on a Lexus so like you said MMR
Why would anyone want them on their car  :dunno:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #66 on: April 09, 2019, 09:40:44 PM
Saying the taillights are stupid means you are calling people who like them stupid. Those people may think they look awesome and what you like looks stupid. It's just a matter of different tastes.
There may be forum members who like and have such taillights.
I don't go through the "what are you listening to?" thread saying other people's music is stupid (even though I may think that on occasion  :whistle:).

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #67 on: April 09, 2019, 09:44:11 PM
Good point Syncop8r  :tu:
I will word things differently in future  ;)
fail to prepare prepare to fail

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #68 on: April 09, 2019, 09:58:31 PM
 :salute:

I guess there are peeves that disadvantage us and ones which are just things we find distasteful.  :dunno:

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: April 09, 2019, 10:00:56 PM
They are supposed to look like Lexus rear lights  ???
They look stupid on a Lexus so like you said MMR
Why would anyone want them on their car  :dunno:

I think they are inspired by the Lexus IS series and Mazda 6 taillights.

I think they are called “Altezza” lights or something like that

That seem to be a “thing” amongst boy racers, usually as a cheap attempt to make a crappy car appear more expensive or “custom”.

Expect they have the exact opposite effect...

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: April 09, 2019, 10:05:00 PM
Saying the taillights are stupid means you are calling people who like them stupid. Those people may think they look awesome and what you like looks stupid. It's just a matter of different tastes.
I don't go through the "what are you listening to?" thread saying other people's music is stupid (even though I may think that on occasion  :whistle:).

Read the rules of the thread

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #71 on: April 09, 2019, 10:12:37 PM
Yeah... and?

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #72 on: April 10, 2019, 07:24:40 AM
:salute:

I guess there are peeves that disadvantage us and ones which are just things we find distasteful.  :dunno:

Definitely.  I can get riled up over the former, but the latter I just put down to personal preferences.
In the tail light scenario above I don't really care one way or another on the looks, just as long as the tail, stop and turn signals are clearly visible to other drivers.  However, if there is a heavy tint that makes the lights hard to see, that is a totally different story (it will annoy me and is probably illegal almost everywhere with sensible road laws).
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: April 10, 2019, 08:05:32 AM
I'm surprised my driving-related no. 1 pet peeve wasn't mentioned: drivers who forget to indicate (UK English)/signal (US English), then proceed to slam the brakes and turn into a hidden driveway, all of this without any consideration whatsoever for any other vehicular or pedestrian traffic.  :rant:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: April 10, 2019, 08:50:40 AM
I'm surprised my driving-related no. 1 pet peeve wasn't mentioned: drivers who forget to indicate (UK English)/signal (US English), then proceed to slam the brakes and turn into a hidden driveway, all of this without any consideration whatsoever for any other vehicular or pedestrian traffic.  :rant:

So many people do that here....and it makes my blood boil every time!

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: April 10, 2019, 09:52:18 AM
:rant:

I shouldn't even start.....

Mythbusters proved the humble traffic circle is the most efficient type of intersection......except if the dunce coming from the right hand side doesn't use his/her indicator  :rant:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #76 on: April 10, 2019, 11:05:06 PM
Yet another driving one...
Last night I was followed too closely for half an hour by a 4WD whose right-side headlight was set too high. I could flick my rear view mirror to reduce the glare but because many tailgaters have this habit of driving close to the centreline (to see past me?) it was blinding me in my side mirror.
This was in an area that has been reduced from 100kph to 80kph so people get frustrated they have to go slower. When we got to the 100kph part (with passing lanes) I went up to 100 and he didn't pass, just stayed behind me. Perhaps I should have stayed at 80....

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #77 on: April 10, 2019, 11:24:17 PM

Well... not to your face... 

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #78 on: April 10, 2019, 11:44:05 PM
- Pronouncing Orangutan as Orangutang (I have even heard zoo keepers do this)
- Pronouncing badminton as badmington

- Spelling "eh" as "aye", which makes everyone seem Scottish.  :ahhh  It makes me want to poke them in the aye...

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #79 on: April 11, 2019, 12:34:02 AM
Coworkers who have no drive and can get away with almost anything by saying "I don't know" as a default answer :dunno:
(I got one, the bossman gave up on him. Now he left the company, I am cleaning up his mess  :rant:)

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
Reply #80 on: April 14, 2019, 06:15:36 AM
People who play games or watch TV on their cellphones in public with the volume turned all the way up. Especially at restaurants. I usually don't care about children doing it, because they don't know any better; but grown adults do it more than them it seems.

Back when I was in high school and smaller cell phones were a recent thing (just before smart phones) I got so fed up with a blonde valley-girl airhead talking loudly about absolutely nothing ("yah know, like, totally, whatevah", etc) in front of me in the line at a grocery store that I grabbed her phone and chucked as hard and as far as I could in the direction of the produce area. This stunned everyone else enough in line so that I was able to walk past her, pay for my item, and then never return to that particular store for the next year. I made it out the door before she began screeching in my direction.

I know it was stupid. But there are days where I wish I had the gumption to do it again.

My biggest pet peeve is that as I work in Healthcare with direct patient contact; there are people here that just don't care about the quality of their work. And it matters. A lot.

I can understand some days where you just show up for the paycheck but at least do the job correctly when someone is at risk when you don't.

-Wes.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:20:44 AM by Wessaen »
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #81 on: April 14, 2019, 07:21:11 AM
Back when I was in high school and smaller cell phones were a recent thing (just before smart phones) I got so fed up with a blonde valley-girl airhead talking loudly about absolutely nothing ("yah know, like, totally, whatevah", etc) in front of me in the line at a grocery store that I grabbed her phone and chucked as hard and as far as I could in the direction of the produce area. This stunned everyone else enough in line so that I was able to walk past her, pay for my item, and then never return to that particular store for the next year. I made it out the door before she began screeching in my direction.

I know it was stupid. But there are days where I wish I had the gumption to do it again.

My biggest pet peeve is that as I work in Healthcare with direct patient contact; there are people here that just don't care about the quality of their work. And it matters. A lot.

I can understand some days where you just show up for the paycheck but at least do the job correctly when someone is at risk when you don't.

-Wes.

SEE I TOLD YA ............somebody shoulda shot that Alex G Bell dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant: :rant: :viking:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: April 15, 2019, 04:08:21 PM
Being born. You can't imagine the amount of trouble I got and will get in because of that.  :ahhh

:D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #83 on: April 15, 2019, 07:18:40 PM
Being born. You can't imagine the amount of trouble I got and will get in because of that.  :ahhh

:D

:like: :tu: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: April 15, 2019, 08:52:39 PM
People who don't pull away when the lights go green (too busy on their phones) or pull away slowly so only two cars get through when 6 could have done.  :twak:

Smart phones and the social media disease spawned by them.  :ahhh :pok: :ahhh

My boss.

Did I mention my boss?  :D
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #85 on: April 17, 2019, 06:24:24 PM
People who don't pull away when the lights go green (too busy on their phones) or pull away slowly so only two cars get through when 6 could have done.  :twak:

Smart phones and the social media disease spawned by them.  :ahhh :pok: :ahhh

My boss.

Did I mention my boss?  :D

See there is the telephone ..................again................spawn of the devil I tell ya............ :rant: :rant: :viking:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: April 17, 2019, 08:39:57 PM
- telemarketers / phone scammers
- door-to-door sales people
- When people call with private or hidden phone numbers
- my old collages constantly sending me emails / letters asking for money donations for dumb crap I don’t care about

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #87 on: April 18, 2019, 07:40:31 PM
- telemarketers / phone scammers
- door-to-door sales people
- When people call with private or hidden phone numbers
- my old collages constantly sending me emails / letters asking for money donations for dumb crap I don’t care about

Have I mentioned that I hate telephones in all forms, mobile or hard wired.............. :rant: :rant: :viking:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #88 on: April 18, 2019, 10:04:58 PM

Have I mentioned that I hate telephones in all forms, mobile or hard wired.............. :rant: :rant: :viking:

I believe you may have implied it...yes...

...but do you think it was made clear enough to everyone?

Maybe you should remind everyone one more time, just to be sure

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #89 on: April 18, 2019, 10:13:32 PM
I believe you may have implied it...yes...

...but do you think it was made clear enough to everyone?

Maybe you should remind everyone one more time, just to be sure

Ok just to be somewhat clear on this, there is a slight chance that I may be under appreciative of Mr Bells invention called the telephone.

Ok I hope there isn't any misunderstanding here. :dunno:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%