Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OPT Badge

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
OPT Badge
on: April 09, 2019, 04:20:47 AM
Hi All,

I finally acquired my Atwood grail item, a R25, so I figured it would be a good time to show off my OPT collection and updated EDC.

First is my new Peter Atwood R25 in purple anodized Titanium. I have been trying to get my hands on one of these since 2015.

The next are the Schnelle Engineering B102T and Pygmy. These are by far the best kickstarter purchases I have ever made. The B102T has opened at least 6 and up to 40 cardboard boxes every week day for the last three years and still looks great.

Third photo is my collection of Atwood and J. Woytaz OPTs. The Atwoods are just brilliant from a material and fit/finish perspective. Artwork that is actually useful.

The Woytaz tools are super robust and easier to acquire than the Atwoods while also still looking neato.

Last of all is my collection of three of the four Atwood Sportwrenches. Excellent first date conversation starters. If she doesn't dig the wrist wrench she ain't the one. So far none of the them have  ::) .

-Wes
r25.jpg
* r25.jpg (Filesize: 55.99 KB)
schnelletols.jpg
* schnelletols.jpg (Filesize: 61.16 KB)
optcollection.jpg
* optcollection.jpg (Filesize: 184.41 KB)
sportwrench.jpg
* sportwrench.jpg (Filesize: 255.15 KB)
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: OPT Badge
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 05:21:15 AM
Awarded... Congrats Wes... nice OPTs :drool:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:30:32 AM
That's a nice bunch! :like:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 12:43:58 PM
Congratulations on your badge Wessaen :cheers: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 01:37:48 AM
Congrats on the badge! I really need to apply for it, but then again, the vast majority of my OPTs are vintage church keys.

So, what happened to Schnelle? I remember their products being on Amazon for many years, then all of a sudden disappearing.  They had some truly neat designs.

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 02:50:13 AM
Congrats on the badge! I really need to apply for it, but then again, the vast majority of my OPTs are vintage church keys.

So, what happened to Schnelle? I remember their products being on Amazon for many years, then all of a sudden disappearing.  They had some truly neat designs.

Excellent question, I backed two or three of their designs but I think the last one or two they tried did not get funded and they either lost interest or it wasn't worth their time anymore. Wish they would come back as the items I have of theirs are very useful and well thought out.

My assumption for their amazon stuff is that they made a limited run in steel and when those sold it was at a slow enough rate that it just wasn't worth making more.

-Wes.
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%