Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Army issue Spirit

Dunc · 16 · 2208

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Swiss Army issue Spirit
on: December 13, 2008, 09:56:36 AM
Don't know if this is true or not but I heard the Swiss Army have ordered from victorinox a large number of Black Swisstools with blasting cap crimper and pointy blade  ;)

Dunc

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Re: Swiss Army issue Spirit
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:22:23 AM
It's true and swissbianco will be getting a few. They will be available in april 09, it's seen in his 2008.4 newsletter (latest). He'll be getting both the new 08 and 09 soldier as well.

* ST_09.jpg (Filesize: 58.87 KB)

* SAK_09.jpg (Filesize: 46.43 KB)

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:28:14 AM
Shame we couldn't get hold of them for the UK meetup  :(

Dunc

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:45:59 AM
Not the Spirit, but the 08 soldier should be available by the end of the year. I got my alox 08 soldier and going to pair up with the new one.  :cheers:

Offline shootist

Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 11:35:45 AM
Are the sheaths going to be available seperately?

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:42:14 AM

The Spirit will be supplied with one, but he's not sure about the 08 soldier yet. You can reach SwissBianco here swissbiancousa@hotmail.com ask him to forward you his latest newsletter.

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 02:49:56 PM
I'll be wanting one of them then 8) :tu:
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 05:18:45 PM

If you are looking for a green molles type sheath , Benchmare an Leatherman each have one , can be converted to belt wear by way of the supplied Malice clip.

Chris

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 07:22:25 PM
:climber: I will have the '09 Soldiers available in April or May.
T

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 08:30:48 PM
Hey Tim, any idea when the 3.0224 Spirit will be available in the US or how about setting up a group-buy? That BO one on +B's newsletter looks great but I just can't convince myself that a BO coating and a cap crimper make for 3-4x the price of a normal Spirit... Plus, I'd very much prefer a MT.org/SOSAK stamped Spirit...  :drool: :gimme: (and I'm afraid if I add another :pok: to this thread, Def will be forced to think some nasty encounters including me and that stick...  ::))

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 12:51:33 AM
Hey Tim, any idea when the 3.0224 Spirit will be available in the US or how about setting up a group-buy? That BO one on +B's newsletter looks great but I just can't convince myself that a BO coating and a cap crimper make for 3-4x the price of a normal Spirit... Plus, I'd very much prefer a MT.org/SOSAK stamped Spirit...  :drool: :gimme: (and I'm afraid if I add another :pok: to this thread, Def will be forced to think some nasty encounters including me and that stick...  ::))

Well said about the BO ,an crimper plus the price. Deffinately not worth a 3-4 fold price increase , unless you are a dyed in the wool collector or rather wealthy.

Chris

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 06:57:14 PM

Well said about the BO ,an crimper plus the price. Deffinately not worth a 3-4 fold price increase , unless you are a dyed in the wool collector or rather wealthy.

Chris

Yeah, that price is nuts. I haven't got word yet on when they might be U.S. available but will keep everyone informed when I hear.
T

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 07:33:12 PM

Chris

Yeah, that price is nuts. I haven't got word yet on when they might be U.S. available but will keep everyone informed when I hear.

I'll take one of the cap crimper Spirits when you get them in Tim. You've got a far better reputation than the other fellow. :salute:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 08:07:03 PM

Chris

I'll take one of the cap crimper Spirits when you get them in Tim. You've got a far better reputation than the other fellow. :salute:
Ain't that the truth ;)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 09:54:36 PM
Vic Math 101:
        Tim + Vic Spirit + drop-point blade + scissors + sosak/mt.org stamp =  :drool::gimme::pok:

and thus:
        group(Tim + Vic Spirit + drop-point blade + scissors + sosak/mt.org stamp) = group(:drool::gimme::pok:)

:D

(ok... back to work now...)

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 10:03:11 PM
Vic Math 101:
        Tim + Vic Spirit + drop-point blade + scissors + sosak/mt.org stamp =  :drool::gimme::pok:

and thus:
        group(Tim + Vic Spirit + drop-point blade + scissors + sosak/mt.org stamp) = group(:drool::gimme::pok:)

:D

(ok... back to work now...)

:tu:  :tu:    :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24