Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman free p2 p4

Poll

Just curious of people’s opinion

Love
10 (40%)
Hate
1 (4%)
On the fence
14 (56%)

Total Members Voted: 23

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman free p2 p4
Reply #30 on: June 19, 2019, 01:41:37 PM
When i work, usually i work alone, and not once, did i had to use my feet, my mouth, and all body parts that could grab and hold the thingies i work on.
That beeing said, Free P multitool platform serves me as i put it already to the test and it performed very good.
I have to say that i used Surge, Wave and Squirt untill i pensioned tham to use theFree P series.
Jobs around the house mainly.
Free P has failed me on small screws, lite the ones on tv remotes. Never had an issue with the Wave or Surge (md1, my favorite and first multitool)
I do open small electronics, and there you need something dedicated, yet i managed it with the Wave and Surge numerous times, i opened even laptops and Tablets with the two.
Now, seeing the 4mm bit holder that a coforumist is doing, i may be able to get the Fre P to my needs, yet
i have observed that i'm not into changing and carrying bits and extra
I like to be light and nimble...
well, can't have it all
Except the price and if possible a more robust design/improvement, Free P serves me as well as any other multitool
ps: i'm into one hand axx tools. they can be inside , outside, whatever, yet when i need them i like to be able to get the tool as easy as possible , without headackes with one hand
pps: altough Surge was pensioned by Wave gen1, since i have the P2, Wave does not see action anymore

I was afraid of that, I thought the triangular shape might make the divers less capable. The surge was the biggest surprise of my recent adventures, its capabilities are just incredible. I know the P4 isnt competing in that bracket, but its nearly double the price of the Wave (on EBAY) and even more expensive than the Surge.... Seems strange. The real comparison IMO is between it and the Spirit from Victorinox. Problem with comparing the two (and probably why they didn't target it), is that the tools on the Spirit are superior in every way... its not even close. Other than maybe the scissor, and the opening system...yea its a tough sell. I understand they development costs, but they can't just sell the frame, the internal tools need to reflect the price as well. Just look at the awesome bit exchanger being shown here on MT.org! Are you seriously telling me that in all the time they took to make that thing...they couldn't put in an exchanger?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%