Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Small world

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Small world
on: April 30, 2019, 02:49:34 AM
Hello guys and gals  :hatsoff: Long time, no see.

I am not that active on the forum as I used to be, but I can still see that it's best forum on the internet. But I have to share this story with you guys since it basically involve every one here, both old and new members.

A chosen few here know that I have been working in a gun store and shooting range here in Norway for the past 6 years. One of the perks is that I get to visit the IWA trade fair every year https://www.iwa.info/en in Nuremberg, Germany. It's basically the European version of SHOT Show, but it's more speSmurfpillsed for the European market. If anyone have the opportunity to visit I can highly recommend it.

But anyway, we have a tradition of eating schweinshaxe (roasted pork knuckle) and drinking schnapps (that usually don't taste good) at Heilig Geist Spital https://www.heilig-geist-spital.de/index.php. If you never have tried schweinshaxe you have been missing out!

Heilig Geist is extremely popular during the IWA fair, especially with some of the really big companies that have invited their distributors in Europe.

We where only 3 people for dinner and we got seated right behind a big party, I think they where 20 - 25 people but it's a little bit blurry, with all the schnapps and weissbier you know.
But I heard quickly that it was a bunch of Americans at the table and that they where having a really good time. Anyway, we had just finished dessert and we where thinking about leaving, when I turned around and asked a girl that was sitting right behind me what company they where from. Turns out it was Leatherman!

We talked a little before I asked if she knew about a forum called multitool.org, when she bursts out that she know the president. I spontaneously asked her if she knew Trump since that was the first thing that popped into my mind, remember the schnapps and weissbier :whistle: Turns out she was just talking about Grant...

I can't remember how suggested it, but one of us agreed that it would be cool take a picture of us two and send it to Grant. Of course people at the table started to ask what was happening since we where getting a picture taken together, and here response  was that I was from the forum. So I guess we are just known as "the forum" at Leatherman.

So the picture was taken, became friends on Facebook and we parted company.

Meet Carie, the international marketing manager with Leatherman and a scruffy arms dealer from Norway.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AEg4WRnWVhfFKxcG6

« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 03:03:39 AM by Medic82 »
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

us Offline BlueDot

Re: Small world
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 04:17:34 AM

That's pretty cool!
And not surprising that this is 'the forum'.

Because it is.   :tu:
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 05:07:40 AM
That is AWESOME!!
Knew I had found the best GROUP on this side of the MILKY WAY.  :cheers: :cheers:
Sounds like a great time was had by all.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 05:31:39 AM
That is pretty cool!  :like:

As for the Schnaps: If it‘s bad it‘s either not the right one for you or you‘re still too sober  :D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 05:32:50 AM
Good to see you around, Kenneth  :tu:

THE forum. Sounds about right  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 07:42:57 AM
Kenneth! Good to see you!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 08:31:56 AM
 :tu: :drink: :hatsoff:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 02:20:37 PM
I like that, THE forum. 
Esse Quam Videri

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 02:45:33 PM
I like it. Did "El Presidente" see it?

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 03:48:06 PM
I like it. Did "El Presidente" see it?

Yes, Grant got the picture just a few minutes after we had taken it. I am not sure if I should have mentioned the president part, I could feel his ego getting boosted from the other side of the world.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 12:04:55 AM
It's ok, I don't have much of an ego- you can tell by my official title, Head Turd Polisher!  :D

Glad to see that you finally got around to telling this story!  I told you everyone would love hearing it!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 08:29:37 AM
Fun story!

Norway eh? Any place specific?

gb Offline Jaypeebee

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 08:54:01 PM
Great story.....      :like:

Donations