Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Another USPS Mistake

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Another USPS Mistake
on: May 04, 2019, 12:08:08 AM
What the heck is going on with the USPS these days? They are always making some kind of mistake, or I'm always having to deal with employees who seem to find pleasure in annoying the smurf out of me. I noticed they made a huge mistake today; and even in the tracking lied about it.   

I was sent a photo of the packet by the member here whom this package comes from. My address and ZIP are correct; and I never make forwarding arrangements.  The USPS sent it to the wrong PO; plain and simple. Frametown is close to Charleston; where the regional hub is.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?origTrackNum=rm660595881de

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Another USPS Mistake
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 03:03:00 AM
My worst experience with the USPS was when a box full of MTs went "missing" for a fortnight, but USPS insisted it was on its way.  Of course the tracking wasn't being updated so I don't know how they could even try to claim it was progressing to me (it wasn't).  When it finally arrived the whole cardboard box was falling apart as it had been soaked through (obviously left in the rain or snow for a considerable time), so to make absolutely sure everything rusted they put it in a sealed, heavy duty plastic bag to hold the moisture in.  And this was with (expensive) priority paid mail !    GRRRR !   >:(   >:(   >:(
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 04:23:54 AM
A lot of bad experience with USPS here as well. Ripped and damaged envelopes and boxes, sent a package to China instead of Germany, unfriendly employees and i don’t know how often the neighbours mail was in our mailbox  :facepalm:

And all that in just one year  :facepalm:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 06:02:09 AM
I've heard of a package meant for South Africa was wrongly sent by USPS to Australia... And this happened twice, to the the same recepient...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 03:36:16 PM
Sent a package to Australia took a detour to Italy for a what seemed like forever.  After a few attempts contacting the Italian folks and waiting it finally arrived to its final destination.  How the heck a postal worker see Austraila and put it on the plane to Italy is beyond me.  Now I write in large print the destination when sending items abroad, oh and I pray, a lot.   

Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD