Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hi all

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Hi all
on: July 14, 2019, 02:33:56 AM
It’s been a long time. I hope everyone is well.
I still love my multitools just not had the spare cash to be able to buy any for a while.

I don’t know if I imagined it but I think I remember someone selling files that attached to waves and charges using the slot where you would normally attach the belt clip.

Am I right or did I dream it? the reason I ask is the file on my wave is as smooth as the proverbial baby’s bum.

Thanks,
chip
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Hi all
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 02:59:03 AM
Welcome back.  :cheers:

Hmmm, not sure. :think:  I know people have modded saw blades to fit in the pocket clip space.
What about sending it back to Leatherman for refurb?
If you don't want to do that you see if Loki has a new file you could buy: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,64314.msg1655558.html#msg1655558

gb Offline chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 03:35:50 AM
Thanks, I considered sending it off under warranty but I couldn’t do it as I know they would not fix mine and instead send me a new one.

I have carried and used hard my wave for many years working as a carpenter. despite it looking beat up I have kept it sharp and it still works great apart from the file.

I do have a new file for it on the way from the states but thought if I could get the files that clip on I could leave my wave as is.
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

se Offline RF52

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 10:28:08 AM
I think I have seen a saw holder that fits the pocket clip mount on wave/charge models, but can't remember where :think:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 04:15:20 PM
Thanks, I considered sending it off under warranty but I couldn’t do it as I know they would not fix mine and instead send me a new one.

I have carried and used hard my wave for many years working as a carpenter. despite it looking beat up I have kept it sharp and it still works great apart from the file.

I do have a new file for it on the way from the states but thought if I could get the files that clip on I could leave my wave as is.

I dun remember seeing this. If there is, I would believe the file will break very easily on pressure with just that 2 little slot in bit of thingy..

us Offline JonesE

Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 01:59:09 AM
I think I have seen a saw holder that fits the pocket clip mount on wave/charge models, but can't remember where :think:

Hi Chip, Welcome back.

RF52 is right. There is a maker on Shapways that sells an adapter for the Charge and Wave. Google search Jigsaw Blade Holder (Leatherman Wave/Charge Multitools). Looks like the maker requires you to tap some threads and install some set screws to hold the jig saw blade. I have never ordered from them so cannot vouch for quality or service.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Hope this helps

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 01:26:32 PM
Tofty's jigsaw holder (with Surge file)?
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=47167.0

se Offline RF52

Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 01:32:36 PM
That's the one I was thinking of :cheers:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 04:15:02 PM
I dun remember seeing this. If there is, I would believe the file will break very easily on pressure with just that 2 little slot in bit of thingy..

:iagree: with Sam  :hatsoff:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD