Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is there a way to attach standard MT pouches to a Molle bag?

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
I have several multitool pouches with the normal vertical-carry belt loops, and a couple that also have horizontal-carry loops. Is there an easy way to attach these to a Molle bag? Especially the SAK pouches, which are perfectly-sized for my larger SAK, and have vertical-carry loops only.

Thanks!

Charles.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Yes, I’ll have to take a pic, but I made something using scrap plastic and zip ties,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
I saw this method is originated from an EDC forum member, themadplumbarian, and you probably could find the original link online if you do the search:

100_2544_zps4912d817.jpg
* 100_2544_zps4912d817.jpg (Filesize: 104.78 KB)

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Yes, I’ll have to take a pic, but I made something using scrap plastic and zip ties,
JR

:cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Ha!
I knew I posted it somewhere on here!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• No Life Club
Okay, that's ingenious. Now I need to find something plastic to sacrifice!

Charles.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
 :cheers: I'm sure I've seen this before but well done. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Ha!
I knew I posted it somewhere on here!
JR

Now... that is rather clever.  :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
If you can’t find any, the next time your out get a cheap Tupperware container, there like $1, I don’t remember what size I cut them, but all it is, is a rectangle large enough to fit over the molle, yet short enough to fit into a sheaths loop, at the same time not to wide but not to narrow, and with four holes one at each corner to allow the zip tie through to hold the two pieces together.. if you want I’ll measure them, I’m sure I put more info wherever comis found that pic from, maybe I’ll find it, any questions just ask..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Maybe I didn’t post it on here :think:
But here, here’s pretty much all of what I did explained out..
JR

To start off the material that i worked with was a storage tub lid, lol, yup just a regular storage tub, something you can get from wally world, ktart, lowes,or the depot, for $5 and have a endless supply, but i had one sitting in the basement. and zip-ties i got from a dollar store. the size ended up being 1 1/2" X 2 1/2" it was just right to fit inside the sheath, and just enough to give enough room to fit over the molle. tools that i used, your looking at, a pair of kitchen shears, ruler, and a farmers awl for the holes, the duct tape i used to pick up the pieces of plastic shreds from using the awl.

Next step is to get the sheath ready, easier to work with. rather then working with the larger bag

Once you get both the zip-ties threw, then its time to tighten them down, if you noticed, i cut the zip-ties and then redid it cause i didnt like the way the zip-ties were placed, id rather have the cut end toward the sheath, this way it wouldnt cut the bag from moving around, its a little harder to work but i felt better knowing that the bag wouldnt get cut..

Originally posted back in 2013, but here you go, hope it helps..
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Great idea JR !    :like: :salute:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Great idea JR !    :like: :salute:
Thanks, we’re talking 6yrs ago, ideas flowed! I mean I still gets some ideas but if I don’t write them down they never existed.. err I’m not liking this old age thing :(
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
See I know I made something, but where I posted I had no freaking clue :think:
Maybe that’s why I have over 3,500 pics on this little pad? Take a pic to remember?
JR

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
I thought it was kinda comical when I first found your photo on edcforum, but am glad you could find the old pix effectively and it really is a brilliant idea worth spreading.  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
I thought I posted it on here, I haven’t been over on edc much, but hey it works! Only thing that sucks is if you want the sheath off quickly like if on your pants you don’t just take the belt off, in this case you gotta cut the zip ties and get them off,,
JR

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
It's been a while, but I did post a DIY inner tube shealth for belt or molle use.  I guess to compliment you shealth on molle, maybe this could be use on person?

uk70.jpg
* uk70.jpg (Filesize: 33.74 KB)
xnfr.jpg
* xnfr.jpg (Filesize: 49.34 KB)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Maybe instead of zip ties, you could use the older Alice clips?

Superstrong and removable/reusable.

I'm sure they'd be easy to find online or in military surplus.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
I remember that comis!

Not a bad idea Mechanickal, of course you could do something like these new school first aid kits, a simple pouch and a simple backpack with molle, but what’s in between? A unique “Velcro” setup, so if you had to run and quickly rip off the first aid kit you just rip away.. :dunno:
JR

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Any company that makes bags (like Maxpedition, Rothco or 511) probably also make MOLLE strips that can attach anything to a MOLLE bag.  I have a few Maxpedition velcro straps that I got, but never really seem to use:

https://www.maxpedition.com/collections/accessories/products/5-tactie-pack-of-4?variant=27894377105

I have to say, I think I like MadP's zip tie idea though.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Why thanks boss, idk how I came up with it but it works..
JR

us Offline Noa Isumi

• No Life Club
Ive used these, but all your gear will end up sideways to how the loops are set.
Just look up "Molle clip'

I know the old school Alice adapters that were just a strip of webbing with 2 Alice Clips on either side will work, but may be floppy. A good bit of equipment including the Army's Otis IWCS kits still have Alice Clips.

Pic3
The bag is an East German AK mag pouch with 2 mini carabiners pass through its belt loops attaching a shoulder strap. The molle pouch is a real avid AR tool

(Edits: spelling/gramar I'm at work using voice type so I'm a little distracted while doing this)
20190507_163318.jpg
* 20190507_163318.jpg (Filesize: 216.08 KB)
20190507_163326-1.jpg
* 20190507_163326-1.jpg (Filesize: 130.98 KB)
20190507_163346-1.jpg
* 20190507_163346-1.jpg (Filesize: 101.64 KB)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:25:34 AM by Noa Isumi »
I used to be a lot of things, and someday will again.
But for now I'm just a lost jack of trades with neither mastery nor home. ~NoaIsumi

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Oh cool, those look easy, but like you said it would have to lay horizontal, there’s gotta be something similar no?
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
I had a brain fart, what about one of these?
Knock off what ever accessory whether it’s one of these or a D-ring, and make it flat, this way it will slip in between the sheaths slot, then with it in the sheath you can use the other sides to clip onto the molle
The only negative thing that I thought is it’s going to be hooking onto the smaller strap of the molle, and maybe making it too loose?
JR

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
I've only seen those in mini sizes to clip the straw from a hydration bladder to a backpack leash.

I don't know if large models exist that could slide in a sheath's belt loop and still be wide enough.

• No Life Club
I had a brain fart, what about one of these?
Knock off what ever accessory whether it’s one of these or a D-ring, and make it flat, this way it will slip in between the sheaths slot, then with it in the sheath you can use the other sides to clip onto the molle
The only negative thing that I thought is it’s going to be hooking onto the smaller strap of the molle, and maybe making it too loose?
JR

I tried many of these methods, and this one worked the best! I mounted my leather victorinox sheath to my molle bag, and it is tight and secure! Not loose at all. I tried the plastic clips with webbing between them. I tried mounting it sideways with straps and plastic retainers, and that worked but it was sideways. I started building the zip tie option... then I got one of these in the mail. Broke off the straw holder and filed down the plastic with my MP600, and then it fit perfectly to hold the sheath in place.

Thanks for the GREAT idea!

Charles.

• No Life Club
Pics!

Charles.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Good, glad it worked, see sometimes I have good ideas :D
JR

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.

• No Life Club
I tried a K-Bar adapter, it was loose and floppy. Only really an option for a big sheath. And even then, not a great option.

Charles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD