Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Crkt Zillatool

RF52 · 12 · 878

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Crkt Zillatool
on: June 06, 2018, 11:32:28 PM
What would be a good price for a zillatool?
Found one new for 60$, but not sure if it is worth it. Need some professional input from you guys

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline powernoodle

Re: Crkt Zillatool
Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 12:12:29 AM
These were $26 at Wal-mart before they were discontinued.  I would not want one if it were free, but you may have more refined tastes than me. I did not see one on eBay.   :salute:

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:55:31 AM
There's a SOG tool that looks very similar to that, think it's still in production
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

se Offline RF52

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 08:10:19 AM
These were $26 at Wal-mart before they were discontinued.  I would not want one if it were free, but you may have more refined tastes than me. I did not see one on eBay.   :salute:
On this side of the "pond" everything is a bit more expensive, and I could not find one on ebay either. I'll think about it a bit more before I make up my mind

se Offline RF52

Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 08:10:56 AM
There's a SOG tool that looks very similar to that, think it's still in production
Do you remember what it's called?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 12:45:34 PM
The only SOG tool I can think of that might be close is the Micro Tool Clip?   :think:

I like the Zilla Tool and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on another one (I seem to have given just about all of mine away), but I think $60 is pushing it.  I don't think I'd go above $40 if I'm honest.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

se Offline RF52

Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 01:08:48 PM
The only SOG tool I can think of that might be close is the Micro Tool Clip?   :think:

I like the Zilla Tool and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on another one (I seem to have given just about all of mine away), but I think $60 is pushing it.  I don't think I'd go above $40 if I'm honest.

Def
Thanks I'll just keep an eye out and see if it drops in price

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 07:46:53 PM
I have the big zillatool. Is it worth it? Maybe. It's a passable knife, a passable small set of pliers, and a good bit driver. It has a pocket clip, but it's too long to comfortably carry in a pocket. Pretty much every multi out there is going to have better pliers. Few will have a bigger blade, though. And the quick-opening is nice.

If all you need is a blade, tiny pliers, and a screwdriver then it might work for you. I find mine just sits unused, and I'll probably sell it soon because of that.

Charles.

se Offline RF52

Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 09:06:31 PM
I did pass on it as it was more of a want than something I need so it would probably sit unused.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 09:19:47 PM
If and when you make the decision to sell it, please let me know.  I gave away my last full sized Zilla and I would love to replace it.  I love the Zilla!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 11:46:53 PM
I put it up for trade in the for sale section. I'd like to trade it for a Gerber Center Drive in usable condition. (Scuffs, dings, wear is fine, but nothing broken). My Zilla Tool is mint with the sheath.

Charles.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 07:53:05 AM
The ZillaTool is quite a cool collector's piece. I have the basic version, but some other members have the one with colored scales.

Here is the one I found NIP on eBay for $50(I am pretty sure that's what I paid).

As far as a user tool, it would be pretty awful. *See ChopperCharle's post.
Hats off to CRKT for having tried something new, but wow is it just an inefficient design. Build quality is great though. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%