Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm going for a shoot for about two weeks (photo-video). Leaving Sunday

Poll

My surge has a broken plier head tip and needs to go for warranty. Which tool shoud I take instead

You know you want me to take the LEAP
1 (7.1%)
You may as well take the LEAP and see how it goes
3 (21.4%)
That red LEAP looks tempting
2 (14.3%)
The LEAP may surprise you
1 (7.1%)
Just take the Wave and be done with it
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 12, 2019, 08:47:48 AM

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice

au Offline munecito

Two weeks done and dusted.

The Leap worked great.

All the tools were used bar the tweezers.

I can actually recommend it as a EDC. Really good tool even if it was marketed to kids.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Glad to hear it worked out so well for you in those 2 weeks :tu: it would be nice if they hadn't just marketed this tool as a kids MT (good that they actually made one for kids though) or more adults would carry this :cheers:

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Having the lock mechanism on the outside rather than in the path of the blades gives such a piece of mind when using the tool. The Removable blade is truly an all-star with that thickness, shape, and length. I have 4 tools on my desk right now...and since making the leap OHO I prefer it for opening just about anything. I can't recommend this tool enough, especially at the price point.

Really glad it is working for you,
any tools you really miss?

au Offline munecito

For everyday in photo shoots I don't. Well. Maybe the awl. It is always handy to poke holes in things to put cable ties through.

Also a proper pocket clip. I added the clip and ring but sometimes it sorry if gets in the way. I like your paracord solution.

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
For everyday in photo shoots I don't. Well. Maybe the awl. It is always handy to poke holes in things to put cable ties through.

Also a proper pocket clip. I added the clip and ring but sometimes it sorry if gets in the way. I like your paracord solution.

It also adds 4 feet of usable cordage. Using Powercord which has the normal 7 strand 550lbs cords, PLUS a 50lbs fishing line, waxed Jute (fire tinder), and cotton thread (for sewing), you get a lot out of it and it never damages my pants which is really really nice.

If you are using the scissor you can use it as an awl. I did this on some softer wood when I first got it. The tip of the scissor is nice and sharp.

Cheers,
H.G.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69