Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Allen wrenches keep sliding out.

Offline engineer_in_nj

Allen wrenches keep sliding out.
on: January 16, 2021, 06:42:36 PM
I use Allen wrenchs all day, to the point I keep them in my pockets. Problem I have is they keep sliding out after so many insertion cycles. I am handy with paracord and was thinking of making a strap to go along the top. Anyone else encounter this and have a better solution?

Its annoying because if the keys had just a bit more resistance they wouldn't do this.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Re: Allen wrenches keep sliding out.
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 08:50:45 PM
I use Allen wrenchs all day, to the point I keep them in my pockets. Problem I have is they keep sliding out after so many insertion cycles. I am handy with paracord and was thinking of making a strap to go along the top. Anyone else encounter this and have a better solution?

Its annoying because if the keys had just a bit more resistance they wouldn't do this.

Not very similar perhaps but I have used shrink tubing to hold magnets on some Allen wrenches to keep them handy for adjusting other tools. I figure you wont need the magnets but some slightly rubbery shrink tube should increase friction with only a very slight increase in size. Might be worth trying?

Offline engineer_in_nj

Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 02:45:00 AM
Not very similar perhaps but I have used shrink tubing to hold magnets on some Allen wrenches to keep them handy for adjusting other tools. I figure you wont need the magnets but some slightly rubbery shrink tube should increase friction with only a very slight increase in size. Might be worth trying?
I started doing it. Used orange tubing. Works great, looks decent, I don't misplace them anymore.

I owe you one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 11:52:43 PM
I started doing it. Used orange tubing. Works great, looks decent, I don't misplace them anymore.

I owe you one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 08:11:13 PM
:worthless:

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD