Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Klecker Tools

ioti · 12 · 855

Offline ioti

Klecker Tools
on: May 12, 2019, 02:38:56 PM
While looking for some knifes in Lamnia website I came across some stuff that piqued my interest. These were apparently part of a modular system under the name of Klecker Stowaway

Klecker's own website does not have much info and seems to be kind of dead. I found a few videos that are more descriptive:

Their youtube page mentions a Kickstarter project so a search pointed me to this Kickstarter from 2016 : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1826434149/stowawaytm-tools-and-carriers-edc-redefined/description

I really like the idea, a modular system with different use embodiments, but the company seems to be dead, not even capable of showcasing how their system works in their own website. It seems they raised 42K USD, and as I can see from Lamnia's website, they produced at least some products. But their most watched video that I can see has 3600 views so probably they didn't sell well. If anyone knows more about this please chime in. This is like a modular SAK but its more than that because they even made phone cases that stow these tools. I hope they are not dead and can continue delivering such refreshing products.

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Klecker Tools
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 03:02:21 PM
I have never heard of them before, but seems like an interesting concept. In the second photo the frame of the hex wrench seems a little fragile though. Wonder if it could take any torque.
I like modular systems in the fact that i can adjust the tool to my needs very easily, and i wish Vic would do something like it  :pok:

On the other hand modular tools always seem to turn out thicker and less streamlined. Which makes sense considering that they have to accomodate a variety of different loadouts. Wish we would see some more of that.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Klecker Tools
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 03:36:44 PM
They’re still available on Klecker’s website...

https://www.kleckerknives.com/klecker-daily-carry/

These tools are designed to go along their iPhone cases... and can be added as tool inserts on Keybars, Keysmarts etc...

I did order their colab insert with Griffin Pocket tool for my keybar... although through an ebay seller... just waiting patiently for it to arrive...

They also have a lockable blade insert designed for the keybar...

https://www.kleckerknives.com/the-umm-kx-knox-knife/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 06:43:36 PM
Nice idea, but I mostly carry my Pioneer X or a LM Squirt.  Here's my look at them: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,70883.msg1431908.html#msg1431908
- Steve

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 06:58:20 PM
Interesting idea, I felt there is a certain redundancy on the phone and keychain method...I think it would be even more interesting if the phone sleeve turns out to be a multi-bit carrier which complement the tool.  Having all the tools installed on the phone might be nice, but it's gonna make it that much heavier(imagine attaching a 3-4 layers SAK onto your phone).

Offline ioti

Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 10:11:31 PM
 jaya_man they have only around half the tools in their website, they even don't have the keybar etc. so I thinks its dying somehow

smiller43147 wow, great review. Can the pliers really grab anything with a considerable force?

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 02:04:48 AM
smiller43147 wow, great review. Can the pliers really grab anything with a considerable force?
Thanks.  Not really, the pliers on a SAK or Leatherman Squirt are much more functional.
- Steve

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 02:47:14 AM
Glenn is a good friend and a longtime member.  I have sent him a link to this thread.  I am sure he can answer any questions you may have.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 12:48:29 PM
I use one of those griffin tools as a pocket clip for my pocketwrench. Both are somewhat cut down. to fit nicely in my back pocket...   :woohoo:
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 04:40:14 PM
Esse Quam Videri

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 07:52:13 PM
The thing that impress me most is him and his team design on the safety interlock for LM charge, where a little post will rise and keep the blades in place whenever the pliers are in deployed position.  I didn't even notice that until I saw the patent drawing on his site, and took a closer look on my Charge.

That was ingenious! :like: :like: :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 08:02:01 PM
Yup, he's got his son involved so hopefully we'll get the next generation of designs coming from the Kleckers.   
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD