Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is the Collectors Edition PST Worth? 251

Jr. Member Posts: 94

mtn

What is the Collectors Edition PST Worth?
« on: May 13, 2019, 04:12:12 PM »
I have an opportunity to buy a NIB Collectors Edition PST for what seems like a very cheap price based on what Leatherman is asking on their site. What are these actually going for in the real world?
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 55,799
Re: What is the Collectors Edition PST Worth?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 05:44:09 PM »
You don't see many of them in the wild right now, so if you think it is a good price then you better get it ;) :cheers:

Oh and pics when you do :pok: :D
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,406 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »
I don't think we know yet, since none have popped up on eBay. Though, if it were me, I'd pay up to $150 just because that is what the non-collector's edition goes for.
In a few years, they'll be worth about what LM is selling them for, and in 10 years they'll probably be worth $400-$500. IMO of course.

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.
No Life Club Posts: 4,737
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 05:57:34 PM »
Which edition are we talking about, the one in the wooden crate or the one in the black box ?

I can't remember the names they had for the two different versions ...  :-[
Jr. Member Posts: 94

mtn

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 06:39:43 PM »
You don't see many of them in the wild right now, so if you think it is a good price then you better get it ;) :cheers:

Oh and pics when you do :pok: :D

Yeah, my issue is that I'm not a collector really, so this really only has value to me in the sense of resale--the place I can get the "good deal" is local retail stock. So I'm really looking for "what can I get on eBay?", and "what could I get for it giving someone on MTO a good deal"?

I'll go check it out tonight again. Now that I think about it, it was the small box, not the wood one. I'm guessing that all of the $275 ones were the full box and everything. I didn't realize there was more than one release.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 06:56:07 PM »
The "small box" ones are still very nice ...  :pok:

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 08:15:14 PM »
The "small box" ones are still very nice ...  :pok:

(Image removed from quote.)

:iagree:
That is the version I bought for the collection, since it was right at my MT spending limit.  :like:

An extra $125 for a wood box that I'd have to find a place to store, and a number etched in the handles was too much to stomach(and didn't end up on the grail list).

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 08:27:55 PM »
:iagree:
That is the version I bought for the collection, since it was right at my MT spending limit.  :like:

An extra $125 for a wood box that I'd have to find a place to store, and a number etched in the handles was too much to stomach(and didn't end up on the grail list).

They started at 299,95€ ($337), over here, then they sold them at -30% discount, and the waiting game began ...  Then they went for -50% discount and still the store stock didn't change, so I waited a bit longer until ... YES, -75%  :woohoo:.

I ended up paying 74,99€ ($84) a piece and that put a huge smile on my face  :D.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 08:36:30 PM »
That is a GREAT deal. :like:

I paid a bit more for mine, but still WAY lower than introductory MSRP. :)

If I thought I'd ever carry a PST, I would have bought an extra. But, I'm not a PST carrying guy. :ahhh

Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 55,799
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 09:52:52 PM »
Excellent deal TG :dd: and excellent pics  :drool: :like:
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 10:50:13 PM »
Excellent deal TG :dd: and excellent pics  :drool: :like:

Thanks mate  :salute:.

Pics were taken inside with bad lighting and using my smartphone ... but they did turn out quite well after all  ;).

I do love this PST, and knowing what I do now I would've probably bought one at full retail as well, but than I would only have one, while now I own three for less money than one at full retail would've cost me ...  :D
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 10:51:46 PM »
The Limited PSTs are fantastic, aren't they, T-G?  :dd:

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 10:58:46 PM »
The Limited PSTs are fantastic, aren't they, T-G?  :dd:

Yes, they are  :iagree:.

And, let's not forget ... first Leatherman tool in years to have "U.S.A. Leatherman" back on the pliers, even before the Free tools  :like:.

I only opened one, the other two remain sealed in the original plastic (though sometimes I just want to unpack them as well ... :ahhh).
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2019, 11:40:36 PM »
Yes, they are  :iagree:.

And, let's not forget ... first Leatherman tool in years to have "U.S.A. Leatherman" back on the pliers, even before the Free tools  :like:.

I only opened one, the other two remain sealed in the original plastic (though sometimes I just want to unpack them as well ... :ahhh).
:cheers:
Indeed. Great to have seen LM put LM USA on the pivot. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $180.00
PayPal Fees: $9.62
Net Balance: $170.38
Below Goal: $129.62
Site Currency: USD
57%