Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

my edc lights and a pocket dump

za Offline Humayd A R Mahomedy

my edc lights and a pocket dump
on: June 26, 2019, 07:30:05 AM
20190626_070642 by Humayd a r Mahomedy, on Flickr

my current edc,i only rotate out the Alox and Ranger at the moment. i prefer full-size leatherman tools,so when i get a Surge 2 [or Supertool 300],i'll give that a shot
i've been edc'ing the Surefire L2 for around 8 or 10 years,the E01 is going on 3 years now,in the Condor vault wallet.
the sf is my go to light,used most often in the shop,when i need to zoom in on some stuff,or find dropped screws or parts.
the folders are my Shark and Warhead folders,the Warhead sees the most work.
trusty zippo for the smoke breaks  :D

thanks for looking

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: my edc lights and a pocket dump
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 08:33:06 AM
Awarded.   :tu:

Diggin your handiwork, the warhead looks awesome.   :dd:   :drool:   Probably way above my pay grade unfortunately.   :kirky:

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 08:43:49 AM
thanks Zoidberg. again.
i have a "pay as you go" plan  :tu:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 11:11:11 AM
Nice dump!  I always like the L2 and the A2, back especially when led were not as common an option for flashlights. :like:

it Offline Stefano

Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 01:27:38 PM
Very nice also Surefire and E01 of the same color :-)

Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 02:19:34 PM
thanks guys
@comis the L2 is my hardest used,and abused light. it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

@Stefano that's pretty cool

interesting story. a couple of my friends bought some high end [for us] lights [o light and nightcore],and they got to talking about warranty.
i ask about warranty against drops,so the ysay its a meter or meter and a half,something like that.
i then ask them if they know why i buy Surefire,and place my L2 on the roof of my vehicle [97 Toyota Hilux 4x4] and knock it off.
i do this twice more,all the while my friends are staring in astonishment.
i then turn the light on,worked as expected,boring regularity.
i do not intentionally abuse my gear,but my L2 has been inadvertently been bumped and dinged from daily carry [right cargo pocket].
sure,L2 is large,and not as bright as current lights - i do have a SF 6P and a G2Z-MV,along with my 1st SF,an E2 something incan and a G3 with a lighthound LED module [cracked the lens on that 1] - but it's 1 of those things that just fits.

20190626_140631 by Humayd a r Mahomedy, on Flickr

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 02:33:37 PM
20190626_070642 by Humayd a r Mahomedy, on Flickr

my current edc,i only rotate out the Alox and Ranger at the moment. i prefer full-size leatherman tools,so when i get a Surge 2 [or Supertool 300],i'll give that a shot
i've been edc'ing the Surefire L2 for around 8 or 10 years,the E01 is going on 3 years now,in the Condor vault wallet.
the sf is my go to light,used most often in the shop,when i need to zoom in on some stuff,or find dropped screws or parts.
the folders are my Shark and Warhead folders,the Warhead sees the most work.
trusty zippo for the smoke breaks  :D

thanks for looking
Very nice! :o

Now that is a fully prepared loadout! :like:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 03:42:42 PM
thanks guys
@comis the L2 is my hardest used,and abused light. it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

@Stefano that's pretty cool

interesting story. a couple of my friends bought some high end [for us] lights [o light and nightcore],and they got to talking about warranty.
i ask about warranty against drops,so the ysay its a meter or meter and a half,something like that.
i then ask them if they know why i buy Surefire,and place my L2 on the roof of my vehicle [97 Toyota Hilux 4x4] and knock it off.
i do this twice more,all the while my friends are staring in astonishment.
i then turn the light on,worked as expected,boring regularity.
i do not intentionally abuse my gear,but my L2 has been inadvertently been bumped and dinged from daily carry [right cargo pocket].
sure,L2 is large,and not as bright as current lights - i do have a SF 6P and a G2Z-MV,along with my 1st SF,an E2 something incan and a G3 with a lighthound LED module [cracked the lens on that 1] - but it's 1 of those things that just fits.

20190626_140631 by Humayd a r Mahomedy, on Flickr

That's a cool story, I think coming from a weapon light background, they probably do know quite well how to design lights that could take vibration/drop.  That particularly advantage probably is even more impressive during incan years.

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 02:16:09 AM
Great carry! I use to have an A4 and an A2. Wish to this day I would have held onto them.

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 02:18:58 AM
Sorry, meant L4. Great flood on that one.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 02:40:02 AM
I really like my 6P.

I did manage to break one SureFire, but that was quite some time ago. The 6P has been solid.  :tu:

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 02:52:03 AM
6P is a solid light. I received a G2X pro as a gift and it is my go to “things that go bump in the night” light. Also good for middle of the night trips around the house due to the low setting.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%