Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

An unusual Fisherman model not in the SAKwiki, any more info anyone?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
I got this question through the SAKwiki contact form. Looks like a crossbreed between the Master Fisherman, the Fly Fisherman and the Sailfish. Owner comes from the Netherlands so it could be a Europe exclusive model.

By the looks of it, judging by the tools, the lack of the lock on the bottle opener/screwdriver, the plain fish scaler, but with the then new spring design, it should be a 1980s model, and the owner says he got it in the 1975-1980 range.

Anyone have any ore info on it or even have one in their collection? Model number, the name, anything connected to it?

I can't find it in any catalogs from the 1970s to the 1990s I have available.
20190523_1116571.jpg
* 20190523_1116571.jpg (Filesize: 50.17 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Can't enlarge the pic, maybe upload it to the gallery.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Okay you resized it, working.

Offline MiniChamp

I got this question through the SAKwiki contact form. Looks like a crossbreed between the Master Fisherman, the Fly Fisherman and the Sailfish. Owner comes from the Netherlands so it could be a Europe exclusive model.

By the looks of it, judging by the tools, the lack of the lock on the bottle opener/screwdriver, the plain fish scaler, but with the then new spring design, it should be a 1980s model, and the owner says he got it in the 1975-1980 range.

Anyone have any ore info on it or even have one in their collection? Model number, the name, anything connected to it?

I can't find it in any catalogs from the 1970s to the 1990s I have available.
It looks like a model 1.19.03 (or maybe 1.19.02, which should be the same thing without a chain) from the following catalog page:

It is the 7th page of the "1992-1995 European Dealer Catalog" from SAKWiki. There are several models that appear in this catalog, but not in any known catalog that has names. Some of them, like the model 1.23.13, have SAKWiki entries as "unnamed" models (that only have a model number).

Offline Thijs

• New User
Hello, I’m the owner of this knife. Good work.

The only difference I think is the notch in the fish scaler, that i do not have, but if I look at the old brochures, I get the impression that that is normal for the older knives. As far as the timing is concerned that I bought it, my best guess  is late seventies, but definetely  before 1982.

Thanks to the moderator to bring it to this forum.

Thijs

Offline MiniChamp

Hello, I’m the owner of this knife.
Cool!  :tu:  Welcome to  :MTO:
The only difference I think is the notch in the fish scaler, that i do not have, but if I look at the old brochures, I get the impression that that is normal for the older knives.
You are correct. The oval notch (aka "line guide") in the fish scaler was introduced in the late 1980's. Older Wengers don't have it.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
It looks like a model 1.19.03 (or maybe 1.19.02, which should be the same thing without a chain) from the following catalog page:

https://www.sakwiki.com/show_image.php?id=2375&scalesize=o

It is the 7th page of the "1992-1995 European Dealer Catalog" from SAKWiki. There are several models that appear in this catalog, but not in any known catalog that has names. Some of them, like the model 1.23.13, have SAKWiki entries as "unnamed" models (that only have a model number).

I came to the 1991 catalog and didn't go further cause I didn't see the markings of a 1990s SAK :facepalm:

Offline Thijs

• New User
I contacted Victorinox/Wenger for help, and they came up with a 1982 catalogue (german language) with a picture of the 1 19 02 / 1 19 03 without the oval notch. So, obviously the 1 19 02 and 1 19 03 have 2 versions, an earlier one without a notch and a latter one with a notch. Victorinox also confirmed that these knives only have a number and no name. I don’t know how to upload a picture, but i sent a copy of the relevant page from the german 1982 brochure to the moderator.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
That's awesome, thank you Thijs.   :cheers:   :cheers:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I got the email, but I haven't been near a computer in days to add the info to the wiki

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%